E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > I cloned my MSV70 DME

07-08-2019, 10:34 AM   #2245
KOSHIRO
Registered
Japan
Rep
Drives: E90 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOSHIRO View Post
sorry
Is the data not properly reflected? 323i can run normally This ZB7565426 number of EGS was guessed from the hardware number of 130i. Is it wrong?

Top speed is increased by + 15km / h in highway test, 0-60mph test is shortened by 2 seconds and shift speed is also improved
I will attach the video I took to check the operation, but it works fine, but I am still wrong?

https://youtu.be/S9Sth0GZdxg

https://youtu.be/elw94sPolO0
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 02:03 PM   #2246
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx328 View Post
Thanks - I will give this a shot later this week as work allows.
something I forgot to mention.

run the batch file from inside the command prompt window.
that way it's text stays open when it closes.

will let you see what stuff is mising asier.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 11:10 AM   #2247
Chewywrinkles
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Convertible

Legitimately impressed beyond words.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 07:31 AM   #2248
125I E87 COUPE
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 125I

Hi Hassmaschine,

I sent you a message when you get a spare moment can you have a read.

Regards
Brett
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 04:51 PM   #2249
enriqxxx
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 2010

What module do you recommend not to update?

Last edited by enriqxxx; 08-06-2019 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 03:38 PM   #2250
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsavenko View Post
I just don't don't think you will notice $600 of difference from a sloppy DISA valve(s).

I did notice a better motor response when mine were working correctly (fixed), but it is still fairly subtle, and only at certain RPM ranges.

I would test the small unit first before replacing, and or give the generics a test.

Of course this is a budget car for me. Your value of money may be different then mine lol. Best of luck!
I didn't want to take chances with this especially with some of the things I've heard so I had genuine BMW DISA valves that I bought just to have that extra piece of mind (despite having DISA valves in the used 3IM that I bought). E82 with FBOs really makes this car feel like it should with N52 reliability. Only time will tell for us both.. also didn't pay 600 plus for em as I wasn't in a rush to do this but rather wanted it done right so I hopped and waited for the right deals/prices. Paid about 550 for both.
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #2251
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joester View Post
So after sleeping on it, I went ahead and bought 2 brand new OEM BMW Disa valves from FCP Euro for $620.

I recently replaced the engine in my car after I blew it, I replaced every gasket that normally leaks, I replaced the water pump, the clutch and flywheel, added MILVS and bought this 3 stage intake manifold. Everything about my car is in perfect condition all the way down to the exterior body panels and interior leather and trim.

I plan to keep and enjoy this car for as long as possible because it really is the best car you can get for under $10k, by a wide wide margin.

Since they're OEM BMW I know they'll work for a long time, and since I bought from FCP Euro, if and when they ever do break again, the replacement is free.

I cant wait to get and install them and see how the car feels afterwords.

I'm also going to look at what went wrong with the old disa valve(s)... I'm a mechanical engineer and may be able to find a fix for partially closing valves, who knows.
Cheaper materials they don't make em like they use to!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 08:44 AM   #2252
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
MSV-80 and IKMOS

hassmaschine rjahl

Is there any consideration / effort on a path forward to "parse" targeted files sourced from IKMOS into MSV-80?

More specifically, I'm seeking IKMOS DSC control functions in a MSV-80 environment.

I'm interested because the IKMOS DSC function resides on the JBE module, unlike MSS60, in the DME.

I know there are hardware requirements, but those are trivial. The gating item, for the purpose of this discussion, is the logic / control inter-operability. My nomenclature may be rough, but it should be clear enough to understand my request and intent.

If this is possible, it would open up extraordinary performance options for the N52 platform.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794

Last edited by tetsuo111; 08-20-2019 at 08:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 09:27 AM   #2253
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Adding to above, N54 / MSD-81 guys have had access to IKMOS for a year or so, specifically to gain MDM functionality.

I realize this is a very different project, working in MSV-80.

This would be a very big win for the N52 community.

Our cars are now around as quick as a stock 335i with a proper tune and FD. Euro MDM on a 328i, outfitted with upgraded suspension and brakes, should result in a larger traction circle than the M3, given several hundred pounds lighter weight. And the N52 is by far the most reliable of the three motors.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794

Last edited by tetsuo111; 08-20-2019 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 10:57 AM   #2254
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

That is possible I'm sure. The functions may already even be there - just not used. I have an IKMOS rom that we've been meaning to disassemble, that would be pretty cool to port that stuff to an N52. We looked at IKMOS a long time ago and determined it could be used on any MSD81, cool that the N54 community figured that out on their own.

It doesn't take all that long to disassemble the file, what would take me longer is remembering how I did the tri-core specific stuff for it to work correctly. lol. And then of course finding the functions needed, and porting them to MSV80 (or even MSV70).

TBH this seems like something that might be better off as an open source project, as I doubt I will have time to do it by myself.

Last edited by hassmaschine; 08-20-2019 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2019, 02:38 PM   #2255
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well, that's an upside surprise!

Being that IKMOS is written for the N54, I wasn't too surprised they figured it out. I think only a handful have done this, but it's well-documented, if somewhat technical. It was done in Oz, then refined in one of the "other" forums.

Understand this is probably beyond any one person, short of a large commitment. Just wanted to get a sense if it was even in the realm of possible.

LMB335IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
That is possible I'm sure.....

TBH this seems like something that might be better off as an open source project, as I doubt I will have time to do it by myself.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2019, 09:37 AM   #2256
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo111 View Post
Well, that's an upside surprise!

Being that IKMOS is written for the N54, I wasn't too surprised they figured it out. I think only a handful have done this, but it's well-documented, if somewhat technical. It was done in Oz, then refined in one of the "other" forums.

Understand this is probably beyond any one person, short of a large commitment. Just wanted to get a sense if it was even in the realm of possible.

LMB335IS
I'm running the IKM0S rom but the original intent for me was to try to get MDrive and MDM functionality as it relates to a M3 through the Idrive menu and center console switches. Now that I/we know that it's controlled by the DME in a M3 that pretty much went out the window for the time being.

Mdrive for the IKM0S is nothing more than throttle sensitivity tables which are now available and can be applied to the other N54 rom types. Now I sacrificed the ability to use the MDM function of the 1M rom because I went with a M3 ABS/DSC unit and it bypasses the JBBF and is controlled directly by the DSC switch in the center console in my car. I guess if I was feeling particularly energetic I could flash the 1M software to my DSC module and rewire it back through the JBBF to test it's functionality but I honestly don't know if I'm really missing that much by skipping MDM. Both the 1M and M3 DSC software is really light on parameters with the M3 having a few more options just because of the E90,2,3, and GTS variations and I've picked the most aggressive options for my DSC on mode.

Getting a 1M or M3 ABS/DSC unit to work in a N52 powered car is easy enough. Getting it to function with MDM through the DME is waaay above my pay grade though.
      08-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #2257
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
I'm running the IKM0S rom but the original intent for me was to try to get MDrive and MDM functionality as it relates to a M3 through the Idrive menu and center console switches. Now that I/we know that it's controlled by the DME in a M3 that pretty much went out the window for the time being.

Mdrive for the IKM0S is nothing more than throttle sensitivity tables which are now available and can be applied to the other N54 rom types. Now I sacrificed the ability to use the MDM function of the 1M rom because I went with a M3 ABS/DSC unit and it bypasses the JBBF and is controlled directly by the DSC switch in the center console in my car. I guess if I was feeling particularly energetic I could flash the 1M software to my DSC module and rewire it back through the JBBF to test it's functionality but I honestly don't know if I'm really missing that much by skipping MDM. Both the 1M and M3 DSC software is really light on parameters with the M3 having a few more options just because of the E90,2,3, and GTS variations and I've picked the most aggressive options for my DSC on mode.

Getting a 1M or M3 ABS/DSC unit to work in a N52 powered car is easy enough. Getting it to function with MDM through the DME is waaay above my pay grade though.
Does the 1M DME not have the MDM functionality? Maybe just slightly more limited since there was no GTS version?

I wonder if you could port the M3 version to MSV70, since it's the same CPU architecture. the M program looks a lot different on the inside from the regular stuff though - totally different software teams. But at least the instructions should be compatible. Maybe replace all of the DSC/ASC subs (which is horrible on the non-M cars) with the M3 versions, but that would not be easy at all. Just finding all of them would be a huge task.

Anyway, fun to think about. There'd have to be a couple more people willing to hack assembly code to make it happen though.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 11:38 AM   #2258
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post

Thanks for chiming in. I respect what you've accomplished.

I would like to have the ability to access:

1. M3/1M ABS/DSC maps via a M3 center console DSC switch

2. M3 Mdrive throttle sensitivity via a M3 center console Power switch

#2 is much less important but would be nice to have. I essentially have the same function via an aftermarket throttle sensitivity remap control, but it would be better to implement the same function using the OEM solution.

#1 is quite significant for me. I prefer driving on track with DSC "off", and on street with DTC only (short button press). IME the non-M traction and stability maps are too limiting for spirited and dynamic driving, although they serve their intended function for daily transportation. It would be nice to access the same stability and traction maps as the M3/1M, intended for spirited driving.

I'm working in a non I-Drive environment, with a non-OEM Momo steering wheel, hence no wheel switch gear / MDM button. So I'm not concerned (nor able to) access MDM.

If I understand your explanation correctly, I'm way off-target looking at IKMOS to achieve my goals?

***Instead, replacing my non-M ABS/DSC module with the equivalent M3 unit, and having the appropriate coding done (way beyond my pay-grade), would deliver the M3 DSC maps I'm interested in, correct? This is massively simpler than I understood.***

Bty, I would have PM'd you earlier but was banned for a couple weeks.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2019, 01:34 PM   #2259
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep

#2 is basically built into the DME already via the sport mode switch - which of course was left out of the 3 series cars.

I hacked it a while back to try to enable it with a direct-wired switch, but it caused a lot of internal errors and I abandoned it a long time ago. I still have a "sport switch" hidden in my ash tray, it just doesn't do anything.

The proper way to do #2 in the E90 is via CAN messages.

I always thought it would be fun to modify the "sport mode" (which doesn't really do a lot, mostly adjusts shift maps and active steering, which I don't have and don't care about) to do things like totally disable ASC/DSC torque intervention, alter throttle sensitivity, change the thermostat setting to 80c, etc - a real "track mode".
Appreciate 3
      08-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #2260
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
#2 is basically built into the DME already via the sport mode switch - which of course was left out of the 3 series cars.

I hacked it a while back to try to enable it with a direct-wired switch, but it caused a lot of internal errors and I abandoned it a long time ago. I still have a "sport switch" hidden in my ash tray, it just doesn't do anything.

The proper way to do #2 in the E90 is via CAN messages.

I always thought it would be fun to modify the "sport mode" (which doesn't really do a lot, mostly adjusts shift maps and active steering, which I don't have and don't care about) to do things like totally disable ASC/DSC torque intervention, alter throttle sensitivity, change the thermostat setting to 80c, etc - a real "track mode".

I forgot about your sport switch project. You even tried modified binaries from my E85.

Agreed, the sport switch is a little week in most cars. My E85 did not have a sport switch and I don't think I really cared either.

In the E89 the switch does a lot more. Sport plus adjusts the steering, throttle mapping, shift points, shift pressures/times, DSC,suspension dampening even kills the cruise control. I don't know if it adjust the coolant temps, something I need to check.

Ya talk about Nannies from Germany, can't use the cruise control with the DSC disabled. What where they thinking?

With all of this going on there must be few "markers" in the assembly.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 03:22 PM   #2261
dwsavenko
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Hey Dudes!

Is there anyway someone can help me out?! I have been running the x28i to x30i tune for a while, and its great but I get some strange startup hiccups and occasional idle stumble.

When I go back to factory all is well. New DISA's no leaks etc. Getting to the point where I'm just going to stay with the latest factory .opa and .oda files due to smooth running. That or sell the 3 stage and go back to factory.

There is a MAFless tune as well, but is has no Cruise Control, so that is a dealbreaker, eventhough it runs better. I have a Euro IAT as well.

I know BMW in their later factory tunes (2011 ish) tuned the factory files to run much smoother and get rid of cold-start issues etc. I want to take the latest 130i or 330i (2011 ish file revisions) MSV80 files from INPA and change the powerclass and or copy and past the tune into my .oda. I just don't know the exact process, as info is so spread out.

I don't mind paying a bit if you are familiar, I have tried HASS, but he seems too busy to assist right now. Which I totally understand. Time = Money.

Any help would be amazing. I am an IT tech for a living , so this shouldn't be this hard lol.

Hass - Can you confirm if my suspicions are correct, is perhaps the x28i to x30i file based on older 2006-2008 factory files which were not "optimized" by BMW. Again it's a know issue that BMW fixed cold-start idle and other issues in later 2011 factory tune files.

Thanks Dudes!!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 04:10 PM   #2262
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Does the 1M DME not have the MDM functionality? Maybe just slightly more limited since there was no GTS version?

I wonder if you could port the M3 version to MSV70, since it's the same CPU architecture. the M program looks a lot different on the inside from the regular stuff though - totally different software teams. But at least the instructions should be compatible. Maybe replace all of the DSC/ASC subs (which is horrible on the non-M cars) with the M3 versions, but that would not be easy at all. Just finding all of them would be a huge task.

Anyway, fun to think about. There'd have to be a couple more people willing to hack assembly code to make it happen though.
The 1M does have the MDM function, it's just uses different routing than the M3 does. I have a 335is DCT running the IKM0S rom so I'm sure I could make it functional on my car if I flashed the 1M DSC ZB over the top of the M3 software I'm using now and rewired the DSC back through the JBBF to the dash switch. I don't know if the dash switch is a 3 position switch but I know the M3 center console switch is simply on or off while MDM is accessed through Mdrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo111 View Post
Thanks for chiming in. I respect what you've accomplished.

I would like to have the ability to access:

1. M3/1M ABS/DSC maps via a M3 center console DSC switch

2. M3 Mdrive throttle sensitivity via a M3 center console Power switch

#2 is much less important but would be nice to have. I essentially have the same function via an aftermarket throttle sensitivity remap control, but it would be better to implement the same function using the OEM solution.

#1 is quite significant for me. I prefer driving on track with DSC "off", and on street with DTC only (short button press). IME the non-M traction and stability maps are too limiting for spirited and dynamic driving, although they serve their intended function for daily transportation. It would be nice to access the same stability and traction maps as the M3/1M, intended for spirited driving.

I'm working in a non I-Drive environment, with a non-OEM Momo steering wheel, hence no wheel switch gear / MDM button. So I'm not concerned (nor able to) access MDM.

If I understand your explanation correctly, I'm way off-target looking at IKMOS to achieve my goals?

***Instead, replacing my non-M ABS/DSC module with the equivalent M3 unit, and having the appropriate coding done (way beyond my pay-grade), would deliver the M3 DSC maps I'm interested in, correct? This is massively simpler than I understood.***

Bty, I would have PM'd you earlier but was banned for a couple weeks.
#1 is relatively easy and probably can be done on most any 3 series. Just remember I looked at all this strictly through a 335i lens. The rear wheel sensors between the M3 and 335i are the same, the fronts showed different p/ns but it didn't affect functionality using the stock 335i sensors. The longitudinal sensor is the same on newer 335i's as the M3, '09-'10 being the break point I think so older cars would need the newer one.

Pin 41 is the DSC button signal and is wired directly to the center console switch block along with power, ground, and illumination I believe. I have the schematic somewhere for it.

Coding and programming is the same for any replacement ABS/DSC unit EXCEPT to be able to default code it you need to fool NCS Expert by using a spoofed VO. You have two main modules that contain the VO, CAS and NFRM. You change the model code in one of those. I keep CAS as my main VO for 95% of my coding and programming. The NFRM VO has a EU E92 M3 model code. When I choose a module in the initial ECU read I'll use NFRM and NCS Expert reads my car as a M3 which allows the M3 DSC unit to show up as such in the ecu tree. Now I can choose it and default code/code it however I want without getting a error.

#2, again through the 335i lens. The throttle sensitivity are public and the XDF is available for them. I can take my bin in TunerPro and use just that small little XDF file and change them. What I have is basically M mode across the board in my car now. My sport button was sacrificed to enable drivelogic with the M3 GWS and M3 GTS software I run now. How this can be incorporated into the N52 I have no idea. Again, way beyond my pay grade but there's a couple really smart guys in this N52 sub forum that might be able to.
      08-24-2019, 04:43 PM   #2263
dwsavenko
Rep

Quote:
Hey Dudes!

Is there anyway someone can help me out?! I have been running the x28i to x30i tune for a while, and its great but I get some strange startup hiccups and occasional idle stumble.

When I go back to factory all is well. New DISA's no leaks etc. Getting to the point where I'm just going to stay with the latest factory .opa and .oda files due to smooth running. That or sell the 3 stage and go back to factory.

There is a MAFless tune as well, but is has no Cruise Control, so that is a dealbreaker, eventhough it runs better. I have a Euro IAT as well.

I know BMW in their later factory tunes (2011 ish) tuned the factory files to run much smoother and get rid of cold-start issues etc. I want to take the latest 130i or 330i (2011 ish file revisions) MSV80 files from INPA and change the powerclass and or copy and past the tune into my .oda. I just don't know the exact process, as info is so spread out.

I don't mind paying a bit if you are familiar, I have tried HASS, but he seems too busy to assist right now. Which I totally understand. Time = Money.

Any help would be amazing. I am an IT tech for a living , so this shouldn't be this hard lol.

Hass - Can you confirm if my suspicions are correct, is perhaps the x28i to x30i file based on older 2006-2008 factory files which were not "optimized" by BMW. Again it's a know issue that BMW fixed cold-start idle and other issues in later 2011 factory tune files.

Thanks Dudes!!

To be more precise. Can someone take the following Bimmerlabs files and make a "edited" .oda for me? The program files already match Hass's RSA delete, so it's possibly just a matter of changing the Powerclass byte in the 130i file to match my 128 car, checksum correction, and whatever else needs done?

Here is the stock files in question: https://ibb.co/JzhMpC7

I used the following VIN to create a project in Bimmerlabs, to gain access to the stock files: JM27634

Is this a huge secret still kept? I don't care about tuning, I just want to try different stock files on my 128i. This particular file would be one of the latest 130i stock revisions released, and should be very very stable and smooth.

I have some others who said they could change the powerclass byte for me, but they are only familiar with the location for the MSV70. Again not trying to step on toes, (Is this info what keeps private tuners going?) I just thought our goal was to be able to self-tune to some extent.

Thanks!!
Attached Images

Last edited by dwsavenko; 08-24-2019 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 04:54 PM   #2264
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep

You can already modify files yourself. Download a stock 0da as a binary, modify it, and reupload it. You'll get an 0da you can flash.

But there's only support for MI20S, mostly because it's used on everything, and a pretty complete disassembly is required for it to work.

Also that isn't a 3 stage file at all. It's a stock 328i file, which is why you can see it.

The problem is there aren't really a lot of 3 stage files for MSV80 because the 330i got the N53 in Europe (and we got the detuned 328i). There's the X3 and X5 tunes, but they are set up a little different. So you're left with the few that existed for the euro 3 series.

MSV70 doesn't have this problem, since the 330i file works perfectly on the 325i, and there's only one final program version (921S).

If you want to spend a few thousand hours pouring over embedded assembly code and writing your own software, more power to you - but there's a reason not everyone knows how to do it.

Last edited by hassmaschine; 08-24-2019 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 04:59 PM   #2265
dwsavenko
Rep

Doh!

I thought all factory 130i files would be 3 stage?

Hass, that makes sense.

So just a matter of changing the one byte from 01 to 02 etc?

Can someone send me a DM screenshot of which byte in my hex editor to manipulate? (Does it matter the hex editior? I am just using a free one called "HexProg" right now.)

Once I have that I can play around to my hearts content it seems. (With .oda's in your RSA delete program type)

Sorry I am not trying to be an idiot, but so much conflicting information out there, I just need a "simple" guys guide to changing the correct powerclass byte.

I thought there was a bunch of checksum corrections to be done, but if your Bimmerlabs site does all that for me from the .bin file I upload, that is amazing!!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 05:00 PM   #2266
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Dudes!

Thanks Dudes!!

To me more precise. Can someone take the following Bimmerlabs files and make a "flashable" .oda for me? The program files already match Hass's RSA delete, so it's possibly just a matter of changing the Powerclass byte in the 130i file to match my 128 car, checksum correction, and whatever else needs done?

Here is the file in question:

I used the following VIN to create a project in Bimmerlabs, to gain access to the stock files: JM27634

Is this a huge secret still kept? I don't care about tuning, I just want to try different stock files on my 128i. This particular file would be one of the latest 130i stock revisions released, and should be very very stable and smooth.

I have some others who said they could change the powerclass byte for me, but they are only familiar with the location for the MSV70. Again not trying to step on toes, (Is this info what keeps private tuners going?) I just thought our goal was to be able to self-tune to some extent.

Thanks!!
From memory, your problem is not as straight forward as it seems.

There were no MSV80 variants of the 330 sold in North America. Those where EU based cars. Hass spliced the US and EU tunes together. At the minimum the EU tune would need modification to the Country code and some catalyst parameters.

Its probably possible to pull an E89 3.0 tune from a US car and correct the power class and vehicle type but who knows how that would run.

I can't really help, I never spent much time with the MSV80 and finding single byte parameters like these require disassembly.
Appreciate 0