E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Replaced valve cover



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-07-2020, 09:23 PM   #1
Shawnalston10
Private First Class
5
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Houston Texas

iTrader: (0)

Replaced valve cover

I replaced my valve cover and reinstalled with a new gasket and now I'm getting codes

P112f- Manifold absolute pressure to throttle angle -too high (bank 1)
P0171- system too lean (bank 1)

Any ideas what's wrong with it?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 08:45 AM   #2
Wolf 335
Colonel
Wolf 335's Avatar
Canada
1071
Rep
2,620
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GTA - Greater Toronto Area

iTrader: (0)

Could be an issue with pcv hose at the back of the valve cover.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 08:49 AM   #3
Shawnalston10
Private First Class
5
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Houston Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Could be an issue with pcv hose at the back of the valve cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Could be an issue with pcv hose at the back of the valve cover.
I can try to look later I'm really not sure where it's located
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 08:52 AM   #4
Wolf 335
Colonel
Wolf 335's Avatar
Canada
1071
Rep
2,620
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GTA - Greater Toronto Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnalston10 View Post
I can try to look later I'm really not sure where it's located
It's the hose you unplugged before you removed your valve cover. It is located at the back near the windshield.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 08:54 AM   #5
Shawnalston10
Private First Class
5
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Houston Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnalston10 View Post
I can try to look later I'm really not sure where it's located
It's the hose you unplugged before you removed your valve cover. It is located at the back near the windshield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Could be an issue with pcv hose at the back of the valve cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnalston10 View Post
I can try to look later I'm really not sure where it's located
It's the hose you unplugged before you removed your valve cover. It is located at the back near the windshield.
To be honest I don't remember unplugging a hose but I definitely know I didn't put it back on if I did so that's definitely an option
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 08:55 AM   #6
Wolf 335
Colonel
Wolf 335's Avatar
Canada
1071
Rep
2,620
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GTA - Greater Toronto Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnalston10 View Post
To be honest I don't remember unplugging a hose but I definitely know I didn't put it back on if I did so that's definitely an option
This is the part:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/11157553949/
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 08:56 AM   #7
TheMidnightNarwhal
Brigadier General
TheMidnightNarwhal's Avatar
Canada
1176
Rep
4,580
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is 6 speed
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gatineau, Quebec

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnalston10 View Post
To be honest I don't remember unplugging a hose but I definitely know I didn't put it back on if I did so that's definitely an option
How do you not remember. It's the most frustrating PITA hose because of the way it's connected with the 4 corners.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 08:58 AM   #8
Shawnalston10
Private First Class
5
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Houston Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnalston10 View Post
To be honest I don't remember unplugging a hose but I definitely know I didn't put it back on if I did so that's definitely an option
How do you not remember. It's the most frustrating PITA hose because of the way it's connected with the 4 corners.
I'm going to be completely honest with you I never touched a hose like that on my n55 when removing the valve cover.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 09:01 AM   #9
Wolf 335
Colonel
Wolf 335's Avatar
Canada
1071
Rep
2,620
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GTA - Greater Toronto Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnalston10 View Post
I'm going to be completely honest with you I never touched a hose like that on my n55 when removing the valve cover.
Ahh N55, maybe it would be wise to add that information to your car info below your user name.

The hose i was talking about is for N54 engine.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 09:01 AM   #10
Shawnalston10
Private First Class
5
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Houston Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnalston10 View Post
I'm going to be completely honest with you I never touched a hose like that on my n55 when removing the valve cover.
Oh shit you are N55 ok, then you're right there is no hose like that my bad
Haha made me think I was in the n54 section
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3351070.50

      01-08-2020, 09:01 AM   #11
TheMidnightNarwhal
Brigadier General
TheMidnightNarwhal's Avatar
Canada
1176
Rep
4,580
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is 6 speed
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gatineau, Quebec

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Ahh N55, maybe it would be wise to add that information to your car info below your user name.

The hose i was talking about is for N54 engine.
He did post under N55 so it's our mistake
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3351070.50

      01-08-2020, 09:05 AM   #12
Wolf 335
Colonel
Wolf 335's Avatar
Canada
1071
Rep
2,620
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GTA - Greater Toronto Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnalston10 View Post
Haha made me think I was in the n54 section
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
He did post under N55 so it's our mistake
Just saw that it was in the N55 section, my apology.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 09:28 AM   #13
Shawnalston10
Private First Class
5
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Houston Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnalston10 View Post
Haha made me think I was in the n54 section
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
He did post under N55 so it's our mistake
Just saw that it was in the N55 section, my apology.
No problem thank you guys for trying to help!
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2020, 09:51 AM   #14
lwgrenier
Second Lieutenant
United_States
104
Rep
287
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 335i XDrive
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

I know I broke the crankcase vent hose at the front left of the valve cover when I replaced mine. Also if I recall correctly there are one or two vacuum lines you have to disconnect when replacing. Are you sure those are all connected/not broken?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 09:55 AM   #15
Shawnalston10
Private First Class
5
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Houston Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwgrenier View Post
I know I broke the crankcase vent hose at the front left of the valve cover when I replaced mine. Also if I recall correctly there are one or two vacuum lines you have to disconnect when replacing. Are you sure those are all connected/not broken?
The two vaccume lines to the valve cover are installed but there is a line that goes from my cold air intake to my valve cover that definitely looks cracked. Is that the crankcase breather hose?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 12:49 PM   #16
lwgrenier
Second Lieutenant
United_States
104
Rep
287
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 335i XDrive
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnalston10 View Post
The two vaccume lines to the valve cover are installed but there is a line that goes from my cold air intake to my valve cover that definitely looks cracked. Is that the crankcase breather hose?
Yeah I believe so. Although thinking about it more I doubt it matters if it's cracked... essentially just feeds to atmosphere either way.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 01:42 PM   #17
ferocity02
Colonel
United_States
417
Rep
2,042
Posts

Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Based on the codes it sounds like a vacuum leak, perhaps the valve cover hasn't fully seated? Search thoroughly for an oil leak.

Both hoses are connected on the passenger side? 1 goes to the boost solenoid and the other to the exhaust flap.

When you remove the oil cap do you feel/hear suction?
__________________

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black Metallic

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 08:31 PM   #18
Shawnalston10
Private First Class
5
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Houston Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocity02 View Post
Based on the codes it sounds like a vacuum leak, perhaps the valve cover hasn't fully seated? Search thoroughly for an oil leak.

Both hoses are connected on the passenger side? 1 goes to the boost solenoid and the other to the exhaust flap.

When you remove the oil cap do you feel/hear suction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocity02 View Post
Based on the codes it sounds like a vacuum leak, perhaps the valve cover hasn't fully seated? Search thoroughly for an oil leak.

Both hoses are connected on the passenger side? 1 goes to the boost solenoid and the other to the exhaust flap.

When you remove the oil cap do you feel/hear suction?
Both hoses are good. Looks like I may have a slight valve cover leak on the front of my valve cover and I haven't tested it to see if I can hear or feel suction.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST