E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > What should my next handling upgrade be?

12-07-2018, 03:45 PM   #23
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Code off some of DTC/ABS helpers and m3 steering rack.
Can you elaborate on this? I'm familiar with the DTC/DSC system and with coding. But I've haven't seen many coding values being changed in the DSC or other modules.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #24
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDBooSTIn90 View Post
Can you elaborate on this? I'm familiar with the DTC/DSC system and with coding. But I've haven't seen many coding values being changed in the DSC or other modules.

Thanks!
Check link in post # 9
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #25
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDBooSTIn90 View Post

Thanks!
Check link in post # 9
Thanks i didn't see that somehow. I will have to read it when i get out of work.

Has anyone been able to mimic the MDM mode of the M3/1M DSC system, in an E9x 335i?

Im thinking of trying it out...

I have an M3 rear subframe/lsd that I'm going to be putting in soon when i get time and everything thing i need. Im ordering all the hardware and bushings I'll need beforehand so I can get it done smoother.

My front suspension, spindle, rotors/brakes, control arms, sway bar, etc is from an E92 M3. Made a nice difference in steering feel, turn-in, and tight-ness. Plus the M3 brakes are very good, especially the rotors which are bigger than 335 spec & is 2-piece aluminum hat design, Cross-Drilled from the factory.

I feel like after that the MDM mode (Euro coded) would be an excellent addition to the car and make it much more enjoyable, plus alittle safer when pushing the limits.

From what I can see, considering the 1M had MDM but came with the N54 means that it would make it much more likely, that an MDM retrofit would be possible..

From research so far I would also need:

M3 DSC pump & module
M3 SZL (steering wheel clock spring)
M3 brake master cylinder
M3 wheel speed sensors installed

(Had to use the 335i wheel speed sensors bc of difference. The M3 is more precise and can detect the direction of rotation of the wheel, unlike the 335)

I'm sure im missing something but for relatively few parts at this point, I will eventually try to do this. However i might need to have someone that is much more in the know than me, to program/update/code the modules.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 06:09 AM   #26
DialedIn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E70 & E92

The Quaife is installed!

Why didn't I do this mod sooner?!

Last edited by DialedIn; 12-22-2018 at 07:58 AM..
Appreciate 0