E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > E92 DS works great, M mode will not work.

09-12-2019, 06:38 AM   #1
Rossabroad
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92

E92 DS works great, M mode will not work.

Hello

I am looking for A little help on isolating an issue I'm having. I have searched the Internet and a bunch of forms for the past month or two, and I have not found my answer yet.

The issue I'm having is manual mode will not work on my 335i. I did do the shifter fixed and repaired a couple wires that look to be chafed. However there were no broken wires, I still repaired them all and moved them from under the cover pinching them. I have a background in aviation electronics so there was no difficulty there.

I have checked the paddle shifters and the multi function buttons for proper connection, and I also checked the slip ring disconnect under the steering column. All of that showed no issues. I'm trying to find the wiring schematic for the system so I can ring out each wire to where it goes. Checking for shorts and opens. The car shifts fine in DS but will not shift m mode with either the gear selector or the paddles.

Is there something I'm missing? Is it possible that with the chafed wires could have shorted to each other and possibly blew a fuse somewhere. I'm going to dig into the fuse panel tonight and check each fuse to make sure all are good. It just seems as if there is no communication for the manual mode to work. All lights on the gear select panel work so I don't think it's an issue there.

Please let me know if there are any steps I could take to get the manual mode back. As a note I bought it used and they never worked when I got it.
Appreciate 0