Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Dashboard PC goes crazy after changing Tyres and Battery

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-12-2017, 02:02 PM   #1
beo420
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i E90

Unhappy Dashboard PC goes crazy after changing Tyres and Battery

Hi guys,

I am running a 330i E90 2005. Today my mechanic changed the battery cause the old one was weak and breaking down, it was there since the beginning and mine has 190 000km on it, so we put there a more powerful one and switched for winter tyres.

Since i am having a different tyres in front and back (255/40) we put HANKOOK in front and TOYO tires in the back.

After driving for couple of mins my dashboard PC went crazy, it started popping errors, first with DTC not working, warning me to drive safely, then a warnning that tyre might be flat, then a red warning for flat tyre.

Is this because i am running two different brands of tyres or because of the battery installment?

Thanks for any tip.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 08:01 AM   #2
beo420
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i E90

Hmmm i think i might have fixed the issue by resetting tyre pressure on dashboard controls, drove for 20 mins today and it did not show any alert, keeping this open for few days in case anyone has any input.
Appreciate 0