E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Helix and Match DSP owners?

10-10-2018, 05:20 PM   #1
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Helix and Match DSP owners?

Have a question for those Helix and Match DSP owners out there. The new version of the programming software has a couple new intriguing features; real center channel, subexpander and stageexpander. I have a tune on my unit right now that is pretty good and I am trying to weigh whether or not I want to start over with the new version of the software to gain access to these new features. Anyone have any real experience with these new features?
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 07:20 AM   #2
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

These has been available for a bit now and are very useful But also unfortunately not applicable to your unit. Hopefully at some point they will be across all devices but as of now, no dice.

If and when you do change though you can retain your file so nothing is lost.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #3
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Thanks 6spd - audiotec told me the same thing, not yet available on the Helix DSP model. But they plan on doing so in the coming months.

Are you saying that when I start the new software while hooked up to the DSP, that my current program that was generated on an earlier version of the software will be uploaded from the DSP device to the computer? That would be great if I don't have to start from scratch.
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #4
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgatti View Post
Thanks 6spd - audiotec told me the same thing, not yet available on the Helix DSP model. But they plan on doing so in the coming months.

Are you saying that when I start the new software while hooked up to the DSP, that my current program that was generated on an earlier version of the software will be uploaded from the DSP device to the computer? That would be great if I don't have to start from scratch.
Yup, should be somewhat early on next year.

Correct, unless you're on something extremely dated then it may be a bit more work but can still always be saved. Actually before updating you should also be prompted to save/rewrite so that it is not lost (depending on age/former version).

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0