E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Speedtech Stage 3 Install Problem, no power to car!!

07-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
quadshig
Rep
Drives: Beemer

Speedtech Stage 3 Install Problem, no power to car!!

Hi all.

Installing a SpeedTech stage 3 in my e series n55 engine. I have it all pieced together outside of my subframe and steering shaft. I went to go crank the vehicle to check for oil leaks but to my surprise the battery was low, so i trickle charged it and when I went to crank the car the next day I noticed that the dash lights and Idrive are completely dead and dark. Along with this, no chime and the key doesn't do anything when I insert it in the vehicle. So I have no way of starting up the car. The lights outside the car work and so do cabin lights i noticed that my glove box light and trunk light are off (could be because of mismatched fuses, but I doubt)?

I went ahead and checked the fuses and didn't notice anything irregular. The ground above the subframe at the driver side door was okay. The multimeter read the battery at 12.4v at rest. I'm running out of ideas, I have the car in pieces on jack stands after doing this install and this irritates me to no end. I did unplug the IBS sensor to see but it didn't make a difference. I'm open to hearing from you all.

Can I post this in another part of the fourms? This is relevant to many e series I believe.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 10:58 PM   #2
Xdrive35i2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35I

Hey, not sure how a turbo kit would affect the electrical system of the car but you might want to try Jeff@speedtech for help.

If you don't mind me asking, how challenging is the installation of the turbo? Do you need to do any custom fabrications?
Mod List: Twisted Tuning MHD tune, XHP3, ER Charge Pipe, catless DP, ER Competition FMIC, Pure Stage 2 Turbo, PURE High Flow Inlet Pipe, ER Outlet Pipe, GFB DV (Plus), Gruppe M intake, Supersprint full exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 07:58 AM   #3
quadshig
Rep
Drives: Beemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdrive35i2014 View Post
Hey, not sure how a turbo kit would affect the electrical system of the car but you might want to try Jeff@speedtech for help.

If you don't mind me asking, how challenging is the installation of the turbo? Do you need to do any custom fabrications?
I had reached out. He gave a few ideas but the turbo should not effect the electrical of the car he mentioned..so I'm still stumped and open for ideas. I plan on doing a full review of my experience and everything once I get the car up and drive it. You can imagine how a review would sound at this very moment.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 10:10 AM   #4
ap485
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 335i

Have you try to re-flash the DME? Is possible the DME went to recovery mode or some file got corrupted in the process because of the lost of power (bad battery).
      07-09-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
bcaz808
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

Also check to make sure the ecu connections are on properly if they were disconnected. I know they can be mixed because i made that mistake before. The fuel-it N55 intake manifold removal videos shows proper orientation of the plugs.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 08:14 PM   #6
lwgrenier
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcaz808 View Post
Also check to make sure the ecu connections are on properly if they were disconnected. I know they can be mixed because i made that mistake before. The fuel-it N55 intake manifold removal videos shows proper orientation of the plugs.
That’s a good point. When I disconnected the ecu wiring to remove my intake manifold I had a lot of trouble getting it all to clip back in. A few times I started the car and got errors for transmission and other malfunctions. After checking the sockets I noticed one wasn’t all the way in. Give them a good tug once you think they’re in to make sure.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #7
lurker14
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

what if, what is draining the battery is drawing more than the trickle charger can provide, I would try jumper cables, see if you are still getting no power
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 01:21 AM   #8
Xdrive35i2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35I

Hey OP, any luck with sorting out your car?
Mod List: Twisted Tuning MHD tune, XHP3, ER Charge Pipe, catless DP, ER Competition FMIC, Pure Stage 2 Turbo, PURE High Flow Inlet Pipe, ER Outlet Pipe, GFB DV (Plus), Gruppe M intake, Supersprint full exhaust
Appreciate 0