E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 335d Build Thread

09-07-2023, 09:55 AM   #1
repete
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i E90

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
BMW 330i  [0.00]
E90 335d Build Thread

Hi everyone! I’ve recently acquired a 2011 335d from a forum member in CA and drove it all the way back to KS (~1600mi) in 2 days.

She’s got a little over 162k on the odometer, and is pretty much bone stock as it sits. No major issues, just a NOx sensor complaining about age as well as the typical CBU that comes with the high mileage M57.

Funny little anecdote: I drove it all the way home with the seatbelt/airbag lights on due to something funky going on with the BST/IBS. When I got back, I took a look at the battery…and they were both just unplugged!! Shoulda noticed sooner but I was in quite the hurry to get home haha.

I’ve got some ideas with what to do with this thing, first of course I’ll cover all my bases with maintenance and CBU cleaning.

Once that stuff’s covered, I’ll end up doing the typical alphabet soup delete and tune, gotta get all the torque I can out of this machine! So far the plan is to swap in a 6mt from a 330d as a couple other members here have, seeing as they’ve been pretty successful in doing so. Beyond that, I’ll probably throw in M3 control arms and possibly coilovers, wheels, the usual “build” stuff. Performance is my first priority though so that stuff comes first

I don’t really have a particular objective for the build yet, just looking to put together something fun to drive on the street and the track!

I’ll be posting any updates I have here, stay tuned if you’re interested! Looking forward to sharing my progress with you guys.

On a sidenote, I’m interested in learning more about the nitty gritty details of chiptuning/bench tuning. Does anyone know of good resources for learning more about that stuff? I’ve got a decent background in circuits, just not sure how these wizards perform their magic to these ECUs. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0