E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > SMC 2 module won't code

09-08-2023, 01:19 AM   #1
Filz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 330XD

Exclamation SMC 2 module won't code

hello! I'm new to coding and I've been trying to code my replaced SMC 2 unit from Aliexpress under my left headlight so it points in the correct direction.
My car is an E91 330XD made in 12/2005
The old module works for a few seconds and then goes into a failsafe mode where it goes home and then to the lowest position (only an ALC failure code and no other codes). I opened it up and the capacitor was corroded, most likely the cap leaked or moisture got in. I replaced the capacitor with an identical one but the behaviour didn't change So I replaced the module with one from Aliexpress. The new module responds to my steering input but is a bit jumpy (probably going full steps for the stepper motor) and goes in the wrong direction but if I try to move it with impa or ista it starts going in all directions and freezes IMPA or ista later it errors out with a similar error like in ncsexpert. I attempted to code lsmc with ncs expert but I got an "Error in CABD! Look at CABI.ERR and ERROR.LOG!
COAPI-2020: SG antwortet nicht IFH-0009: SG nicht angeschlossen oder meldet sich nicht FRM 87
COAPI-2020: SG antwortet nicht CODIERDATEN LESEN
" error. To see if im doing something wrong I tried to read from the good module on the right side and I get the same error. I removed the Aliexpress module and still had the same issue. I can read sensor voltages with ISTA+ from the good module and the old "broken" one but not with the new one cause it freezes.
i tried updating the SP-Daten from Bimmer Geeks
I tried programming the FRM with winkfp but that didn't help
I think that something else might be broken between the FRM and the SMC 2 module that prevents me from coding them or some software issue
can someone put some suggestions on what could be at fault ?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 01:12 PM   #2
Filz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 330XD

i found the issue, the aliexpress block came bricked or just is bad as it would mess up the communication between the frm and both SMC modules. i put the bad module back and coded it so at least i can have autoleveling on the side with bad module.
Appreciate 0