E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > Nurnberg Regensburg Munich area members...

03-06-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Nurnberg Regensburg Munich area members...

Dear fellow members,

Hope everyone is all right. I want to ask for some help. live in the Neumarkt OBF area. I want to ask the local e90post members as to where i can find a good shop that can balance wheels so well as to allow the use of wheel spacers. Im using H&R spacers right now and i am experiencing vibrations above 135 km/h

When i take off the spacers i still have very little vibrations but almost unoticable. I have taken my wheels to BMW for balancing but i dont think they put the greatest care to this job.

Another question. How do you say or ask or "Road Force Balancing" here in Germany..? every time i mention "Road-force balancing" to a tire shop they look at me as if i was crazy...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Since your vibration does not happen without the use of spacers... the problem is either your spacers are not hub centric or you have rust or dirt on the hub's face/surface where your spacer's mate up too. Your spacer's are not sitting flush! Try using a 3M scotch pad or a wire brush - to clean your wheel hubs. Especially the hub's nose or "lip" - its important to have a rust free surface/face.

As for "Road Force Balancing" here in Germany - good luck! I don't think you will see this tech here for another five years. It took the German shops almost 10 years to get clay bar's for paint cleaning! lol

Try searching on Google for a good tire shop: reifenhändler oberpfalz

Shops like: REIFEN-WAGNER or Vergölst Reifen+Autoservice

Avoid shops like ATU or PitStop.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 05:08 AM   #3
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Since your vibration does not happen without the use of spacers... the problem is either your spacers are not hub centric or you have rust or dirt on the hub's face/surface where your spacer's mate up too. Your spacer's are not sitting flush! Try using a 3M scotch pad or a wire brush - to clean your wheel hubs. Especially the hub's nose or "lip" - its important to have a rust free surface/face.

As for "Road Force Balancing" here in Germany - good luck! I don't think you will see this tech here for another five years. It took the German shops almost 10 years to get clay bar's for paint cleaning! lol

Try searching on Google for a good tire shop: reifenhändler oberpfalz

Shops like: REIFEN-WAGNER or Vergölst Reifen+Autoservice

Avoid shops like ATU or PitStop.
Thanks mate...

in regards to the spacers. At first tried ECS tuning spacers and decided to get H&R instead. Problem remained. I cleaned the hell out of the rear hubs as well as the fronts. This seems to made a huge difference but there is this anoying vibration at around 130km/h - 160 km/h i could never get rid off.

I noticed that after cleaning my wheel hubs there is a tiny amount of spacer to hub play. very minute. I applied some teflon tape to thr hub lip and installed the spacer. This made a difference as the vibration was almost gone. This tells me that the space between the hub and the spacer is enough to throw the wheel out of balance. im not sure what i will do next since no matter what i do it seems that spacers = vibration. I removed the spacers for my trip to Italy and the car was a dream to drive. Too bad it didn't look as good as it could...

On a lighter note, i did find a shop called Vergölst GmbH that seems to be spacer - friendly. They also seemed to sell and install spacers so I will give these guys a try.

Im surprised to hear that road force balancing is not popular in Germany. I believe i called Hoffmann BMW in Regensburg and they had a SKU for Road Force. Whether they do in fact have a RF balancing machine is a different matter....

Thanks mate for the info..... If i get good results from these guys i will post and update!

Jon
Appreciate 0