E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Ozark Season 3

06-22-2020, 08:28 AM   #45
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I gotta be honest... I saw season 1 and am in the middle of 2...

Frankly, I think this show (like all others like it) are very very overhyped. This show got incredibly played out by season 2... its effectively more and more improbable scenarios and loose plots.

The premise of the entire show is almost as realistic as fast and the furious... I think either the genre has now been whored out way too many times (drugs / launderings blah blah) or this show is just so improbable that I can't watch it anymore.
I personally feel like this show is under-hyped. Over-hyped would be Stranger Things. Unrealistic? You do realize it's a television program right? This show is more realistic than reality TV in my opinion; and not because this show is so "real" but reality TV is anything but.

I understand how you feel with the improbability factor though and it's valid. It's the same reason I can't enjoy any of the super hero movies. Honestly, what's the point? Anything can happen and be written/re-written to accommodate whatever considering they all have super powers and this provides no true basis for an actual story. "Oh you died? Here, let me sprinkle pixy dust, wave a magic wand or snap the fingers of my magic glove and suddenly everyone's alive and happy again! Hooray!" Bullshit, that isn't how life works.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34173.50
gatorfast4988.50
      06-22-2020, 11:28 AM   #46
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I gotta be honest... I saw season 1 and am in the middle of 2...

Frankly, I think this show (like all others like it) are very very overhyped. This show got incredibly played out by season 2... its effectively more and more improbable scenarios and loose plots.

The premise of the entire show is almost as realistic as fast and the furious... I think either the genre has now been whored out way too many times (drugs / launderings blah blah) or this show is just so improbable that I can't watch it anymore.
I personally feel like this show is under-hyped. Over-hyped would be Stranger Things. Unrealistic? You do realize it's a television program right? This show is more realistic than reality TV in my opinion; and not because this show is so "real" but reality TV is anything but.

I understand how you feel with the improbability factor though and it's valid. It's the same reason I can't enjoy any of the super hero movies. Honestly, what's the point? Anything can happen and be written/re-written to accommodate whatever considering they all have super powers and this provides no true basis for an actual story. "Oh you died? Here, let me sprinkle pixy dust, wave a magic wand or snap the fingers of my magic glove and suddenly everyone's alive and happy again! Hooray!" Bullshit, that isn't how life works.
To me more than anything... the topic is almost outplayed like WW2 movies... we've seen them all... every version and a million of each one has been made... this is an original spin on the story but not original enough to get away from the initial problem...
      06-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #47
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post

Yeah, the only superhero thing I've been able to get into was the series on Amazon, because it was dark.

Otherwise, I have no interest in "cross-over comic book movie universes" and all that stuff for 12-year old comic book readers.

My dad was taking me to the race track and Metallica concerts even before that age..........not sitting around reading comics.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      06-22-2020, 04:21 PM   #48
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Yeah, the only superhero thing I've been able to get into was the series on Amazon, because it was dark.

Otherwise, I have no interest in "cross-over comic book movie universes" and all that stuff for 12-year old comic book readers.

My dad was taking me to the race track and Metallica concerts even before that age..........not sitting around reading comics.
I'm with you on the dark stuff. If you haven't seen Brightburn, check that one out. I thoroughly enjoyed that one.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 07:11 PM   #49
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Ruth is the best character. I particularly love her profanities.

“You fucknugget”
“I don’t know shit about fuck”
“You fucking bitch wolf”

Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
tcphoto3511.50
cmyx6go15671.50
      06-23-2020, 07:56 AM   #50
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I don't think the comparison with superhero movies is valid, you walk into those knowing it's fantasy, TV shows like Ozark sell you on the realism of the potential situation so when they get silly (like season 2) you do feel like switching it off.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 10:13 AM   #51
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I don't think the comparison with superhero movies is valid, you walk into those knowing it's fantasy, TV shows like Ozark sell you on the realism of the potential situation so when they get silly (like season 2) you do feel like switching it off.
At least for me, I wasn't comparing the two. Just stating I don't care for comic book movies, I think they are lame.

Hell, I loved the first and second John Wick movies.............I thought the 3rd was a turd and can't believe they are going to make a 4th.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      06-23-2020, 10:17 AM   #52
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Not saying your point isn't valid, but I begin everything, in this day and age, knowing that it's fantasy. Movies, television shows, the news, politics, religion, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if The Black Panther ran for president......and won. The only things in life that holds any merit with me these days are those that I can taste, touch and smell; I don't even trust my eyes anymore.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 10:24 AM   #53
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Darth One, do you think Ruth's trailer is filled with books of literature and poems? She can certainly turn a phrase. I don't recall but maybe two scenes shot in there with her family...
      06-24-2020, 12:01 PM   #54
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
Darth One, do you think Ruth's trailer is filled with books of literature and poems? She can certainly turn a phrase. I don't recall but maybe two scenes shot in there with her family...
She's certainly advanced level, what with her ability to invent new words on the fly...
Appreciate 0