E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Ninja Thread - Let's have some fun!

06-10-2020, 06:59 AM   #23
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

One answer and he isn't even listed - Taimak Guarriello. That's right...Bruce Leroy. I mean, come on....he's got the glow, the glow, the glow.
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2020, 09:34 AM   #24
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
It's a 2004 ZX-10R. I bought it new.

I looked at the pics and I don't know if you want to bid on that without being able to physically look at the bike. I'd want to closely examine everything with the fairings off. The swingarm being dented as badly as it is would concern me big time. I'd want to look to see if any part of the frame is tweaked. With the shot the swingarm took, I'd want to inspect the subframe/tail section too. With both sides damaged, this isn't your normal low side crash.

I've been riding for about 17 years and have been doing track days with California Superbike School for about 10 years. I really don't advise you buying a bike like this not having any experience riding and especially since it's been crashed with significant damage.

We can take this to PM or create your own thread which you'll probably get input from other riders on here.
I'll second this. I'm on a hiatus from riding, my first bike was a 600RR. If you've never ridden before I would not advise buying a crashed bike like this sight unseen.

What is your budget for a motorcycle? feel free to PM if you like. I am from Florida, just moved to GA recently.

On topic: Bruce Lee, Bruce Lee, Bruce Lee. GOAT.
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2020, 09:40 AM   #25
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Dr. Massaki Hatsumi.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #26
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

I’d pick 1, 8, and 12 as well.

1, well that goes without saying.

8 and 12 because they have a tremendous amount of experience in multiple martial arts, and started at a young age.

If there’s furniture involved, I think all I’d need is #9 though.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
      06-10-2020, 10:41 AM   #27
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
I'll second this. I'm on a hiatus from riding, my first bike was a 600RR. If you've never ridden before I would not advise buying a crashed bike like this sight unseen.

What is your budget for a motorcycle? feel free to PM if you like. I am from Florida, just moved to GA recently.

On topic: Bruce Lee, Bruce Lee, Bruce Lee. GOAT.
Hey, thanks for the input. You guys have scared me out of it.

I'd like to stay under $6k for my first bike as I'm not sure how much I'm going to actually ride it. It's going to be a weekend toy for some of the backroads around here in central Florida. I was thinking it would be a fun little project to keep me entertained as I've been stuck behind a computer screen for several months now.

I do know one guy who rides and he has recommend a CBR250 or something in its class for my first bike. Problem is, I really don't want something that 'weak.' I grew up riding ATV's and dirt bikes, so I do have experience handling power sports, but I also understand a street-bike and off-road toy are two different beasts.

I have also considered an enduro, I really like the KTM enduros, but a little out of my price range.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      06-10-2020, 10:49 AM   #28
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

where the hell is steven seagal? this thread is lame
Appreciate 2
      06-10-2020, 11:42 AM   #29
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Oh shit hes the real deal
Appreciate 2
      06-10-2020, 12:22 PM   #30
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
He found a sammich on the sidewalk. He'll be along at some point to sweat on you, but I don't know that I would wait; it may take him a while to get to you.

I'd also like to throw this fine contender into the ring. What ya'll know about Diamond Dave?

Appreciate 2
      06-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #31
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
Hey, thanks for the input. You guys have scared me out of it.

I'd like to stay under $6k for my first bike as I'm not sure how much I'm going to actually ride it. It's going to be a weekend toy for some of the backroads around here in central Florida. I was thinking it would be a fun little project to keep me entertained as I've been stuck behind a computer screen for several months now.

I do know one guy who rides and he has recommend a CBR250 or something in its class for my first bike. Problem is, I really don't want something that 'weak.' I grew up riding ATV's and dirt bikes, so I do have experience handling power sports, but I also understand a street-bike and off-road toy are two different beasts.

I have also considered an enduro, I really like the KTM enduros, but a little out of my price range.
For 6K you can definitely get yourself a clean, used 600cc sport bike. If you have experience with ATVs and dirt bikes you'll be fine with a 600. I started on a 250 and they get really old, really quick. A motorcycle will only go as fast as you make it go. Wear your gear every time. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2020, 12:47 PM   #32
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

what, no Yoda??

option, this is not

But in all REALITY, Chuck
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
      06-10-2020, 03:45 PM   #33
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Damn, those are some REALLY good choices. I like all of them for different reasons.
Well, I just can't help noticing that Jason Statham (#6) is a true master of frowning. Only. It's amazing but sad how far it took him. Modern fighting movies are a complete crap, I can't watch them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Dr. Massaki Hatsumi.
Masaaki Hatsumi. The things he did looked too amazing to be true. He never explained anything (in the videos I saw).
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 05:16 PM   #34
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Appreciate 0