E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > **scammer Alert**

04-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
LeYoshi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E92

Exclamation **scammer Alert**

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
This individual who goes by the name of James Zhang attempted to scam me for a BMW PE and VRSF downpipes. I have been going back and forth with him about the parts since beginning of March. Once I sent payment, he stated that he would get the downpipes taken off his car and the Performance Exhaust picked up from another individual and ship them out to me.

In the end, after her finally stated that he "shipped" the parts out to me, he never gave me tracking information and completely stopped responding to me.

When I started a claim with him on PayPal, he told PayPal that he delivered the parts to me IN PERSON when I explicitly have proof of him stating he is shipping it and that he "shipped" the parts out.

PayPal has favored the claim on my side and I am getting my money back from this lowlife scammer.

BUYERS BEWARE AND BE CAREFUL ON WHO YOU TRUST.

Scammer: James Zhang
E-mail of Scammer: heyitzjamesz1@gmail.com

Attached Images

Last edited by LeYoshi; 04-04-2017 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: title
Appreciate 1
ANMVQ113.50
      04-04-2017, 11:58 AM   #2
Hearf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi

Zero posts - I would have been extra cautious. Hope you can resolve this.
Appreciate 2
      04-04-2017, 12:53 PM   #3
orteeze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 YMB F80

always pay paypal fees. NO MATTER WHAT!
2011 BSP 335is- FOR SALE
2018 YMB M3- Current
Appreciate 4
      04-04-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
LeYoshi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearf View Post
Zero posts - I would have been extra cautious. Hope you can resolve this.
Yeah it got resolved and I got my money back
Appreciate 2
whyzee1251678.50
      04-04-2017, 06:08 PM   #5
joeinsd
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stock 2010 e92 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by orteeze View Post
always pay paypal fees. NO MATTER WHAT!
Yeah, watch out for that Orteeze guy too!

Anyway, sorry this happened. Zero posts accounts are usually sketchy, but I've given some members the chance. Luckily I've had nothing but successful transactions on here and many other forums including sales/buys in the thousands in camera gear.

Last edited by joeinsd; 04-04-2017 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #6
orteeze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 YMB F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinsd View Post
Yeah, watch out for that Orteeze guy too!

Anyway, sorry this happened. Zero posts accounts are usually sketchy, but I've given some members the chance. Luckily I've had nothing but successful transactions on here and many other forums including sales/buys in the thousands in camera gear.
That's right! Beware of seller with carbon fiber parts! I recently got screwed as well. As a matter of fact, I just got my money back today from PayPal. Are people really that stupid?

I might add it to e90 post since members cross post between here, 1addicts, f30post, etc..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 11:02 PM   #7
tova86
RACE CAR!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i AW sedan

Wow price seems too good to be true and it was..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 04:01 PM   #8
Arexander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i; BMW 435i; Ducati

To OP, you should've taken his address down, booked a round-trip to his address, then introduce him to your left and right hands. Taken some aftermath pictures. Get your $ back, maybe a little something extra. Then, back home.

lol, jk

I do the same as others above, always pay using PayPal's goods/services rather than friends/family. Makes these situations a lot easier to remedy.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 10:21 AM   #9
LeYoshi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsentiFa View Post
I sold him a part for $350 on ebay during the second week of February. It got delivered and he said it got stolen out of his mailbox. Ebay took 2 weeks to side with me and refund me on paypal.

He is out of Lakewood, CA. His ebay user id is jamezhan_29. Obviously not going to post his address here. Paypal has his addressed is confirmed but it also says "James Zhan (The sender of this payment is Unregistered)"

Here are the most important three messages, I didn’t even respond to the last one. Just began dealing with ebay. I wonder if he has successfully scammed anyone. I also wonder if his police department would do anything about it.

James Zhang:
I was excited to see it delivered. But when I got off work, grabbing the mail, I didn’t find the package. There was a huge storm down here in SoCal so I waited until Saturday to see if it turns up. Nothing.
This sucks..

Myself:
Why wait until Saturday when it said it got delivered on Friday and I sent you a message on Friday. If there is no package, that means it got stolen. What is your mailbox situation like? Have packages gotten stolen from you before

James Zhang:
I came home Friday evening from work at 5:30p.m. Grabbed the mail as I usually do. It was in the middle of a windy rainy storm. My first thought was maybe the postman hid the package elsewhere near my home so I waited until Saturday afternoon when the rain stopped for a bit to look around the house. Nothing. My mailbox is a typical box that can be easily reached from the sidewalk. I have had 2 packages go missing from Amazon in the past 3 years. Hate to say but Im assuming someone must've stolen it out my mailbox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsentiFa View Post
I sold him a part for $350 on ebay during the second week of February. It got delivered and he said it got stolen out of his mailbox. Ebay took 2 weeks to side with me and refund me on paypal.

He is out of Lakewood, CA. His ebay user id is jamezhan_29. Obviously not going to post his address here. Paypal has his addressed is confirmed but it also says "James Zhan (The sender of this payment is Unregistered)"

Here are the most important three messages, I didn’t even respond to the last one. Just began dealing with ebay. I wonder if he has successfully scammed anyone. I also wonder if his police department would do anything about it.

James Zhang:
I was excited to see it delivered. But when I got off work, grabbing the mail, I didn’t find the package. There was a huge storm down here in SoCal so I waited until Saturday to see if it turns up. Nothing.
This sucks..

Myself:
Why wait until Saturday when it said it got delivered on Friday and I sent you a message on Friday. If there is no package, that means it got stolen. What is your mailbox situation like? Have packages gotten stolen from you before

James Zhang:
I came home Friday evening from work at 5:30p.m. Grabbed the mail as I usually do. It was in the middle of a windy rainy storm. My first thought was maybe the postman hid the package elsewhere near my home so I waited until Saturday afternoon when the rain stopped for a bit to look around the house. Nothing. My mailbox is a typical box that can be easily reached from the sidewalk. I have had 2 packages go missing from Amazon in the past 3 years. Hate to say but Im assuming someone must've stolen it out my mailbox.
Wow what a piece of scum. Someone who lives near him needs to put him in his place.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 12:40 PM   #10
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Thanks for the heads up; glad you got your money back.
Appreciate 0