E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2009 BMW 335i xDrive 6MT

04-02-2018, 09:47 PM   #1
brokensocket
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT

2009 BMW 335i xDrive 6MT

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Before I part out my family hauler I'm going to offer it for sale whole to someone looking for a fantastic E90 body to repair/replace the short block.

The car starts, runs, drives, and shifts but is experiencing an oiling issue. There isn't any knock I can perceive and the bearings haven't spun. According to the service department at Sterling BMW it is likely a worn journal in the bottom end. Without disassembly it's only a guess. Car has not been driven since returning from the service department. If you're still interested at this point here are the details you'll want to know:

THE CAR
2009 BMW 335i xDrive, 6-Speed Manual Transmission ~98K miles - Just like it came from the factory, OEM stock.

VIN: WBAPL33599A515629

Exterior: Black Sapphire Metallic
Interior: Black with "Saddle" leather color and aluminum trim

Installed Options
M Sport Package: larger brakes, M3 steering wheel, M aerodynamics package, 18" model 193 wheels (Tri-Y) with wider tires, M shift knob, Sport Seats, Anthricite headliner, shadowline trim around windows
Dealer installed Performance Power Kit (PPK)
iDrive: Navigation, etc
Cold Weather package: heated seats, headlight washers, automatic wipers, 60/40 rear seat split
Comfort Access: allows opening doors/trunk by walking up to the car with the fob in your pocket
Logic7 Premium audio system
Rear window blinds integrated into door (rare option)
Rear windshield retracting shade
Rear view mirror with compass
All mirrors auto dip at night
Adaptive Xenon Headlights (turn with the steering wheel) with automatic on/off.
Hill descent control

The Good
Rear tires are brand new, less than 500 miles, maybe less than 100. OEM run flats Michilin Pilot Sport PS2 (paid $700 right before this issue cropped up)
4 wheel alignment done at the same time as tires.
Front tires are mixed age. Driver side developed a bulge in February of 2017 and was replaced. ~8000 miles.
New battery installed January 2018
intake valves were walnut blasted last fall
lots of new gaskets all around
new belt tensioner and belt last fall
spark plugs were replaced at 80k
Both VANOS solenoids were replaced with OEM parts May 2016
all new high pressure fuel injectors in September 2016
new OEM dealer installed turbos in February or March 2016
new vacuum lines installed same time
Akebono Euro ceramic pads installed May 2016
AC recharged in 2014 by BMW. Blows cold.
Both cam bearing ledges were replaced in May 2016
I have receipts and paperwork for everything since my ownership.

The Bad
Engine throws an oil pressure warning light on start up for approximately 7 seconds
VANOS codes thrown shortly after, putting the engine into limp mode
The motor injested the drive belt in the Spring of 2016. BMW technicians removed the oil pan and cleaned out the bottom end. A new oil pan gasket was installed as well as the oil pick up tube. I suspect this is the origin of the later oil issue.

Other Miscellaneous
I bought the car as a CPO in January 2014. I'm the 3rd owner, though the 2nd owner only had the car for a few months before trading it in for a truck. The car spent the beginning of it's life in Denver before moving to Kansas, then to Virginia in 2014. When running properly it's very enjoyable to drive. It’s fast, well balanced, and comfortable. It shows very well and looks great. No curb rash on the wheels. I don’t notice any dings. No dents on the body. The interior is in similar condition. No rips or tears in the leather. Steering wheel shows very little wear. Carpets are clean. The front windows were lightly tinted at time of purchase but I don't know the % or film brand.

When you come out to see the car you’ll see the great condition first hand. I haven’t run a CarFax/Autocheck since I bought the car but it was clean when purchased. There have been no accidents in my time of ownership. If the CarFax/Autocheck shows anything since January 2014 it’s likely related to an insurance claim when a pothole ate the passenger side tires. I have the insurance service documents as well.

I’ve attached the build sheet, as well as a few exterior shots. I’ll get the interior shots tomorrow in the daylight.

The car and myself are both in Reston, VA. I'm available to answer additional questions but I do work a day job, so please be patient if I don't respond immediately.

Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW Archive A515629.pdf (764.0 KB, 317 views)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 10:31 PM   #2
ranie92
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

would you text me 6307654145
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 09:51 PM   #3
brokensocket
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT