E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > CALL LOGS: BMW of Palm Springs Stealership! LAWYER AND SUE? PHOTOS

11-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #23
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Not sure why so much hate towards the op on this one?

You might have 500£ in your account on a particular day waiting on your 6 figure bonus to clear.

Anyway if you agree a price would you pay a penny more especially when they tried to lie about authorisation? Hell NO.

I always take a video of my whole car in the dealer car park when i hand over my keys.

I hope you do take them to court and win, failing that social media the shi! out of them.
Appreciate 1
Fritzer942.50
      11-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #24
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320IN54 View Post
Call BMW NA and tell them what happened. Stealerships act on their own accords when it comes to repairs and stuff like that so if you let corporate exactly what happened they will usually solve it as dealerships like this give them a bad reputation and they dont want any legal problems.
I'm not sure I understand all that transpired, but I tend to side with the customer.

I can tell you from my 12 yrs. of experience with BMWNA, they are useless, with the exception that they told me I could get alternate transportation during Takata.

What never makes sense to me, is, a BMW rolls in for service. Immediately, 2 lackeys with iPad Pros go around and take high res pics of the vehicles. Secondly, they read the key for faults. So defects are noted off the bat, they don't mysteriously appear later.

I had a scenario where the svc dept ripped my rear right brake sensor wire and told me it was already like that. Well, wouldn't you know, I had just done my brakes myself, and had put about 45 miles on them prior to the service?

Long story short is nothing got them to admit it, until their BBB rating got dropped from A+ to C-. Suddenly, I had them by the *****. To demonstrate, I said fix my water pump. They say you have a problem with your water pump? I said no, it's fine. The guy goes well we can do that. hahahahahahaha it's just fun to flex when you were actually right all along. But I never went back, not even for a free water pump.

So my recommendation is BBB, you already dealt with the manager.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 01:17 PM   #25
MysticRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
Not sure why so much hate towards the op on this one?

You might have 500£ in your account on a particular day waiting on your 6 figure bonus to clear.

Anyway if you agree a price would you pay a penny more especially when they tried to lie about authorisation? Hell NO.

I always take a video of my whole car in the dealer car park when i hand over my keys.

I hope you do take them to court and win, failing that social media the shi! out of them.
Meh, not hate, just suspicion. Thread just seems odd, and none of us can verify anything OP said, which let's be honest, rings as untrustworthy in its entirety. What exactly is there to sue them on, if in the end (and which OP admits) OP was charged only for the troubleshooting? Sue for pain and suffering? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'm still trying to figure out the cut negative battery cable. The engine would not have started, so the OP wouldn't have been able to drive the car to the dealership in the first place. There is no way the dealership would have tried to pull some BS about the IBS. The negative cable is 6 or 8 guage (guessing) copper wire, which is not easily "cut", and would have to be cut on purpose.

Not sure a lawyer would help here.
A good point to be sure. I'm unfamiliar with the cable, and it already sounded like a billing mistake, if not a completely OP-invented story, before you posted this.

And wait a minute, this is Palm Springs we're talking about here. OP should be loaded with cash, jewels, and real estate, yet claims to have less money than my 19yr old son. Fake news.

Last edited by MysticRob; 11-02-2018 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      11-02-2018, 01:43 PM   #26
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRob View Post
Meh, not hate, just suspicion. Thread just seems odd, and none of us can verify anything OP said, which let's be honest, rings as untrustworthy in its entirety. What exactly is there to sue them on, if in the end (and which OP admits) OP was charged only for the troubleshooting? Sue for pain and suffering? LOL

A good point to be sure. I'm unfamiliar with the cable, and it already sounded like a billing mistake, if not a completely OP-invented story, before you posted this.

And wait a minute, this is Palm Springs we're talking about here. OP should be loaded with cash, jewels, and real estate, yet claims to have less money than my 19yr old son. Fake news.

For what it's worth - I reached out to BMW of Palm Springs and contacted their marketing department and service manager (Mrs. Veneisha Foster) to let them know about this thread. Hopefully, someone from the dealership will comment here on the validity of the OP's claims.
      11-02-2018, 03:11 PM   #27
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
For what it's worth - I reached out to BMW of Palm Springs and contacted their marketing department and service manager (Mrs. Veneisha Foster) to let them know about this thread. Hopefully, someone from the dealership will comment here on the validity of the OP's claims.
Pardon me a moment while I quintuple my popcorn order.
Appreciate 4
Run Silent15127.00
MysticRob572.50
catcher22294.00
      11-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #28
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Pardon me a moment while I quintuple my popcorn order.
Dealership responded....very impressed with the customer service so far...that was fast.
      11-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #29
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan

So: you're thinking of paying an attorney thousands to win you a judgement for hundreds?

I say it sounds like a great deal.

Keep us informed as to your progress.
Appreciate 2
MysticRob572.50
Efthreeoh16946.00
      11-02-2018, 05:18 PM   #30
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Service Advisors are like used car sales men. Some are good, most are shady. You have to consult local bmw owners to figure out whose is good and whose not. The audi dealership tried to convince my gf to pay $400 for a wheel balance when she went in their without me.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 07:59 PM   #31
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

OP, a couple of things to learn from this:

Unless you are specifically dealing with recalls on your car, stop going to the dealership. The dealership is going to try and squeeze as much money out of you because you're out of warranty. They need to make their money somehow, so you're always going to deal with BS with them. You take your car in for recalls only because you look the SA dead in the eyes as say "I'm here for the recalls only, nothing else." I did this with my airbag recall, the SA tried to wheel and deal with me and I said no. Never take your broken, out of warranty BMW to the dealership.

Find a good INDY shop. I hate on most Indy shops, but they take a hell of a lot more pride and caution on your car than the dealership does.

Don't go to court. If you're struggling to pay a $500 bill, you can't afford court. BMW has way better lawyers than you could afford. Even if you win, it's not worth it.

You got the car back, you didn't have to pay the $900 bill, I'd say be happy and find another shop.
Appreciate 1
catcher22294.00
      11-02-2018, 08:25 PM   #32
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatre View Post
So: you're thinking of paying an attorney thousands to win you a judgement for hundreds?

I say it sounds like a great deal.

Keep us informed as to your progress.
It's almost as if he's irresponsible with money or something.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      11-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #33
BimmerNugget
Crazy Frog
United_States
Rep
Drives: L.L.Bean Bootmobile

There's something fishy about OP's post....something missing.

If you already went to an Indy for the SES light, why did you ask for 2 more diags from the dealer at $175 each ($350 total). Seems like a waste of money if you already know why the SES light is on.

The recalls were free...so that leads to the stuff covered under SULEV warranty (VCG and O2 sensors).

They replaced the O2 sensors under SULEV warranty for you but the SES light is still on....did you ever take the time to think there could be more than 1 fault code? If it's not covered under SULEV, obviously the dealer didn't fix it and therefore your SES will stay on.

Also what exactly are you suing for? At the end of the day they took $350 from you (the amount you signed for). If you're trying to sue for "depression" as you mentioned, you better have a boatload of cash ready for your lawyer because no lawyer will take on your case on a contingency basis.

The battery cable cut part is also fishy as hell, if the cable was cut how did you drive the car 1.5 hours home? The cable is thick as hell, there is no way it can just corrode away or randomly break.

I hate stealerships too but I highly doubt they would deliberately break something on a customers car so they can fix it again and bill you for it. There's too much to lose for them. Dealers make enough money on financing new cars, selling used cars, and warranty repairs. They don't need to run these petty scams.
Appreciate 1
catcher22294.00
      11-03-2018, 03:56 AM   #34
Demz760
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2012 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNugget View Post

If you already went to an Indy for the SES light, why did you ask for 2 more diags from the dealer at $175 each ($350 total). Seems like a waste of money if you already know why the SES light is on.

The recalls were free...so that leads to the stuff covered under SULEV warranty (VCG and O2 sensors).

They replaced the O2 sensors under SULEV warranty for you but the SES light is still on....did you ever take the time to think there could be more than 1 fault code? If it's not covered under SULEV, obviously the dealer didn't fix it and therefore your SES will stay on.

Also what exactly are you suing for? At the end of the day they took $350 from you (the amount you signed for). If you're trying to sue for "depression" as you mentioned, you better have a boatload of cash ready for your lawyer because no lawyer will take on your case on a contingency basis.

The battery cable cut part is also fishy as hell, if the cable was cut how did you drive the car 1.5 hours home? The cable is thick as hell, there is no way it can just corrode away or randomly break.

I hate stealerships too but I highly doubt they would deliberately break something on a customers car so they can fix it again and bill you for it. There's too much to lose for them. Dealers make enough money on financing new cars, selling used cars, and warranty repairs. They don't need to run these petty scams.
I asked for the diags from the dealer so they would fix my o2 sensors for free due to the SULEV warranty. The indy only pulled up O2 sensor, (maybe bad judgement on my part?) Why pay the indy shop labor if its suppose to be done for free.

I left the shop with a 2018 330i rental and only a signed agreement for $350, which was persuaded to me that I wouldnt even owe that because of the SULEV warranty.

Yes the cable cut is fishy as HELL. How do you think I FEEL? I drove 1:30mins approx, to this dealer and dropped the car off. They gave me a rental, already said this... :/

They called and said my car was ready to be pick up and when I got there they say my cable was cut, and I approved additional work, when I was contacted, (which NEVER happened) its on my service paperwork.

I can show copies of my service records and call logs from bmw of palm springs. lying and attempting to steal money from me should be a sueable offense in my eyes.

My car actually vibrates now when idling, pulsing rpms, again SES STILL ON.

And to the person who said they forwarded to bmw; I hope bmw does see this post. I actually see that as helping, (*edit usshelena725) thank you!

Last edited by Demz760; 11-03-2018 at 04:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 08:19 AM   #35
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demz760 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNugget View Post

I asked for the diags from the dealer so they would fix my o2 sensors for free due to the SULEV warranty. The indy only pulled up O2 sensor, (maybe bad judgement on my part?) Why pay the indy shop labor if its suppose to be done for free.

I left the shop with a 2018 330i rental and only a signed agreement for $350, which was persuaded to me that I wouldnt even owe that because of the SULEV warranty.

Yes the cable cut is fishy as HELL. How do you think I FEEL? I drove 1:30mins approx, to this dealer and dropped the car off. They gave me a rental, already said this... :/

They called and said my car was ready to be pick up and when I got there they say my cable was cut, and I approved additional work, when I was contacted, (which NEVER happened) its on my service paperwork.

I can show copies of my service records and call logs from bmw of palm springs. lying and attempting to steal money from me should be a sueable offense in my eyes.

My car actually vibrates now when idling, pulsing rpms, again SES STILL ON.

And to the person who said they forwarded to bmw; I hope bmw does see this post. I actually see that as helping, (*edit usshelena725) thank you!
I'm going to refrain from further comment until Monday or Tuesday.

If the dealership hadn't responded by then, I may offer some additional details I obtained.

Just to say, we are not getting the whole story from the OP.
      11-03-2018, 12:46 PM   #36
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Quote:

If the dealership hadn't responded by then, I may offer some additional details I obtained.

You contacted BMW NA on the OP's behalf, and they shared personal customer information with you?
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 01:07 PM   #37
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdSM n54iS View Post
Quote:

You contacted BMW NA on the OP's behalf, and they shared personal customer information with you?
Either that or he works for BMW and has pull within the company...
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      11-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #38
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
I believe I speak for all of us when I say can we stop all of the suing threads?

Every week some idot has the dealer screw them over and they come on here to threaten to sue. Has anyone on here actually sued the BMW dealer? If anyone here shows me proof they sued the dealer in court and won I will send them out an at cost CIC kit.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      11-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #39
MysticRob
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome to NBA Jam View Post
It's almost as if he's irresponsible with money or something.
Impossibru! OP must also be a govt employee. Sure would explain our deficit spending at all levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
I believe I speak for all of us when I say can we stop all of the suing threads?...
Totally suing you now for even mentioning this.

OP still hasn't answered whether he actually looked at the battery cable or verified any part replacements, or if there was simply a paperwork snafu on his invoice. Story makes no sense any way you look at it. Another clue OP works in govt.
      11-03-2018, 03:32 PM   #40
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

Ultimately, the burden of proof is on OP. He has made various claims without providing any actual evidence of wrongdoing.
Appreciate 1
dmatre663.00
      11-03-2018, 07:05 PM   #41
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddo45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BdSM n54iS View Post
Quote:

Either that or he works for BMW and has pull within the company...
I'm refraining from any further details for now, but trust me when I say that this isn't the full story.
Fair enough. Can't wait to hear your further correspondence when the time comes.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 08:44 PM   #42
jhah135
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 10:00 PM   #43
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome to NBA Jam View Post
Ultimately, the burden of proof is on OP. He has made various claims without providing any actual evidence of wrongdoing.
I'm waiting for evidence of depression. That'll be interesting in a court of law...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #44
MysticRob
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm refraining from any further details for now, but trust me when I say that this isn't the full story.
We here at e90post will hereby be suing you to release all information if our FOIA request for further deets is denied.
Run Silent15127.00