E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Best Insurance Deals

02-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #23
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Snooky Have I just chosen a duff insurance co?

Thanks in advance
Yes.

go to an insurance company that better understands your needs, and one where the call centre is UK based.

Any decent insurance company should not charge any extra premium for what is a factory fitted option.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #24
pinman
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Just got a quote from A-Plan for a 330i M Sport 06 plate.. £339...

Think I'll be going with them..

Gazza
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #25
ECBMW
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Metallic Grey M Sport

BMW Car Insurance

My car insurance is coming up for renewal soon, so wondering who is everyone with and who can provide a cheap quote? What about BMW insurance ive heard theyre suppose to be good anyone had any experience with them?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #26
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Sadly yes.

After the (expletive deleted) in the 320d ran into the back of me I had cause to at least start the ball rolling with them towards getting the car sorted. The dealer then suggested I go with someone else due to the cut and dry circumstances.. but more of that in a mo'.

After getting to work I called them up and gave them all the details. They told me the location of the local BMW bosyshop (which I already knew) and passed me their contact details saying that they would fax all the info over to them. I rang the bodyshop immediately that I finished the call with BMW Insurance and they already had all the details. About 36 hours later BMW Insurance called to say that their 3rd party claims people had chased up the other parties insurers and they were accepting full liability (as if they had a leg to stand on ).

However, after visiting the bodyshop they advised that I would be better using a 3rd party claims agency as they would give me a like for like car for as long as necessary. So I then went down this route as a Mini vs a 330d Touring is a bit of a difference when you've got kit to lug around. I'm just waiting for final confirmation of the settlement now, but as it hasn't cost me a penny and I had a similar car I ain't complaining.

So from my experience they do seem to be pretty good when it comes to the crunch (pun intended).

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #27
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

i find Direct Line by far the best for me everytime i ring round. I have been with them since i was 17 and everytime i get my renewal i ring round a few places, no one even comes close!!

I did try confused.com this time and hmm 'Sheilas Wheels' was the cheapest ... but not cheaper than direct line !

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #28
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
I'm with BMW, not the cheapest but offered the most comprehensive (excuse pun) policy for my needs. The customer services section are more knowledgeable than the staff that deal with quotes in my experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #29
SDRX
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 540i M Sport 2018

I'm also with Directline, have got 3yrs NCD so my insurance is around £1200. That was unchanged from my cover for the E46 330ci.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 02:41 PM   #30
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
SDRX I'm also with Directline, have got 3yrs NCD so my insurance is around £1200. That was unchanged from my cover for the E46 330ci.
Kin hell!
I thought you were the more mature kinda guy SDRX,based on that quote you must be a student of 21yrs of age!
I'm guessing my quote which was 3 x less then that, is based on the extra premium I pay for my zimmer frame which I told them I keep in my boot!

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0