E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 320si advice needed again lol

06-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
carbonSI
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: GT86 DGM

Garage List
2006 320si  [0.00]
320si advice needed again lol

I've got loads of old threads on here about my steering issues. Basically i really want to keep the car as i know there is a fantastic car underneath somewhere. Some people on here have advised to sell it which is probably the most sensible thing to do lol.

The car has other issues apart from steering such as very notchy gearbox, whine from rear diff, brocken drivers seat. They can all wait as its the steering which is driving me insane!! bought it from a car supermarket which i would never do again. Horrible hostile sales tactics (car shop swindon).

Think it needs either a new rack, column or tie rods etc but no dealer or indy i've taken it too can find the problem, those horrible words 'we can't find anything wrong sir'!!. Driven a 320i msport pre lci with hydraulic steering and that was fine. Steering had no play, returned to centre, didn't pull all the time. Just what mine doesn't do! Been aligned 5 times, all didn't make any diff except once where it was great for an hour or too and then seemed to go out of alignment again.

Just after some advice really on where to take it, preferably in the west mids area but will travel anywhere to get it fixed.

Car - 320si, 62k, falken FK452s
      06-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

I have found a really good ex bmw mechanic who if you want the number I can PM you?
I am really fussy about who I take my car to and now I have found a very good mechanic who wont screw me over etc.
He is really good, maybe you can take it down to him and let him a once over? let him know all the things you have done

He is based in Stourbridge so not too far from you?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
carbonSI
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: GT86 DGM

Garage List
2006 320si  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
I have found a really good ex bmw mechanic who if you want the number I can PM you?
I am really fussy about who I take my car to and now I have found a very good mechanic who wont screw me over etc.
He is really good, maybe you can take it down to him and let him a once over? let him know all the things you have done

He is based in Stourbridge so not too far from you?
That would be good mate but if its stourbridge automotive then i've already been there lol.
      06-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonSI View Post
That would be good mate but if its stourbridge automotive then i've already been there lol.
I dont think its that one, I will pm you his number now, sorry for late reply just got back

If anyone else in the West mids area is after a ex BMW mechanic contact me I will give his details
Appreciate 0