E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Sytner Alpine Hi Fi Group Buy - The price is here and yes it is under £500!

07-15-2010, 04:03 AM   #243
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
Anneka as it has been 2 weeks since the foam inserts were ordered have you any update as it would be nice to get this sorted before I go on holiday. Thanks
Deliveries usually take 5 working days to arrive from AG. They arrived at the factory on the 8th July and may not have left on the same day. High Wycombe will call when they have arrived.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 02:49 AM   #244
ABTTJ
Rep
Drives: 07 335d SE Coupe

Had mine fitted on Friday just gone... Have to say it is a pleasant surprise... i wasnt expecting the ugrade to work as well as it does, the amp suits the speakers very well.

Bags of high end, the mid is quite punchy but low level bass comes out of nowhere??

Well Chuffed

Thanks Anneka and Synter!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #245
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Waiting for a call from high wycombe to fit foam inserts as wind noise is quite annoying.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #246
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

still waiting for mine...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #247
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
still waiting for mine...
Did Laura book you in?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #248
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
Waiting for a call from high wycombe to fit foam inserts as wind noise is quite annoying.
I'm really sorry doc_ab, I thought you were going to call in. They are in stock and will only take 5 minutes, are you okay to go in tomorrow? I'll let Cameron know to be expecting you.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #249
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneka @ Sytner View Post
Did Laura book you in?
still waiting is a bit of a mistruth tbh..

it went in on saturday and the job didn't get finished, so sunningdale have given me a car for a week while i'm away working..

i have been very impressed with them to be honest, no fee for the car, and they are sorting out the removal and shipping of my interior trim for what seems like FOC (although i offered to pay) so that i can get it wrapped and reinstalled while the car is 'off the road'

think i just found my new dealer
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #250
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Sorry anneka, thought I had to ring first, so rang Cameron twice and left messages. Might be able to get in tomorrow pm but won't know till the morning. Could definitely get in Thursday pm, would that be best?
Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #251
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep

Which ever is best for you, I'll let Cameron know that you'll be in either tomorrow or on Thursday afternoon, when ever you're free just drop in and he'll get one of the technicians to slip them in.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #252
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
still waiting is a bit of a mistruth tbh..

it went in on saturday and the job didn't get finished, so sunningdale have given me a car for a week while i'm away working..

i have been very impressed with them to be honest, no fee for the car, and they are sorting out the removal and shipping of my interior trim for what seems like FOC (although i offered to pay) so that i can get it wrapped and reinstalled while the car is 'off the road'

think i just found my new dealer
Got mine fitted by Sunningdale today. I was a bit concerned when I hurtled down the M3 that they had not used the foam inserts. However I discovered that the apparent gale blowing through the tweeter was actually coming from the vent on top of the dash near the "A" pillar and bouncing off the front of the tweeter. So far no breeze and no wind noise.

I'm very impressed with the improvement in sound quality and for me it's transformed the car. Also love the way that you can see the new silver door speakers shining through the grill.

I was also very impressed with the level of service at Sytner Sunningdale where I was treated like a king by Diane despite looking like a tramp. (I was up half the night due to work and didn’t get a shower)

I got the car back washed and vacuumed so would thoroughly recommend them. They'll be getting my M3 order.

Thanks for sorting this out Anneka you’re a star.

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #253
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd1963 View Post
Got mine fitted by Sunningdale today. I was a bit concerned when I hurtled down the M3 that they had not used the foam inserts. However I discovered that the apparent gale blowing through the tweeter was actually coming from the vent on top of the dash near the "A" pillar and bouncing off the front of the tweeter. So far no breeze and no wind noise.

I'm very impressed with the improvement in sound quality and for me it's transformed the car. Also love the way that you can see the new silver door speakers shining through the grill.

I was also very impressed with the level of service at Sytner Sunningdale where I was treated like a king by Diane despite looking like a tramp. (I was up half the night due to work and didn’t get a shower)

I got the car back washed and vacuumed so would thoroughly recommend them. They'll be getting my M3 order.

Thanks for sorting this out Anneka you’re a star.

haha this is hilarious

on saturday i got 'we have never done this before' so 2.5 hours turned into 3hrs for two guys (so 6 man hours)..

looks like they had a good old practice on mine and then did yours in a flash..

oh well, no matter
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #254
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
haha this is hilarious

on saturday i got 'we have never done this before' so 2.5 hours turned into 3hrs for two guys (so 6 man hours)..

looks like they had a good old practice on mine and then did yours in a flash..

oh well, no matter
LOL That's what I thought.

They started it at 14:30 and I told them I definitely needed the car by 17:30 to get home. "No problem" they said "by strange coincidence we did one of these on Saturday"

They didn't tell me that they didn't manage to finish it or I would have been most concerned!!!!

It's worth the wait though and I think that you will be well impressed.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #255
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd1963 View Post
LOL That's what I thought.

They started it at 14:30 and I told them I definitely needed the car by 17:30 to get home. "No problem" they said "by strange coincidence we did one of these on Saturday"

They didn't tell me that they didn't manage to finish it or I would have been most concerned!!!!

It's worth the wait though and I think that you will be well impressed.
if you let me know your name/car i can freak them out a bit when i go back to pick it up

hehehe
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 02:20 AM   #256
jester77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90 2011

Finally got my car back yesterday from Sunningdale. Have to say at first I was a bit non-plussed, but after a few miles of listening I am really warming to it and think it is a very significant improvement over the standard unit.

I actually found that turning the base and treble down a little to the central position seemed to optimise the sound quality at moderate volume. Anyone else found an optimum setting in this regard?

Have to say that the Alpine branded tweeters make a nice addition to the car visually - subtle enough to prevent accusations of chavness but enough of a statement to hint at the upgrade you've spent a significant chunk of cash on. A nice selling point at sell on time too.

Also had 3 wheels refurbished by Sunningdale, they seem to have done a good job on them - they weren't terrible before but look perfect now.

Thanks Anneka for your help on this deal - much appreciated. If you could get Sytner to open a dealership in South London now that would be great!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 03:22 AM   #257
ABTTJ
Rep
Drives: 07 335d SE Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester77 View Post
Finally got my car back yesterday from Sunningdale. Have to say at first I was a bit non-plussed, but after a few miles of listening I am really warming to it and think it is a very significant improvement over the standard unit.

I actually found that turning the base and treble down a little to the central position seemed to optimise the sound quality at moderate volume. Anyone else found an optimum setting in this regard?

Have to say that the Alpine branded tweeters make a nice addition to the car visually - subtle enough to prevent accusations of chavness but enough of a statement to hint at the upgrade you've spent a significant chunk of cash on. A nice selling point at sell on time too.

Also had 3 wheels refurbished by Sunningdale, they seem to have done a good job on them - they weren't terrible before but look perfect now.

Thanks Anneka for your help on this deal - much appreciated. If you could get Sytner to open a dealership in South London now that would be great!
Yes totally agree with you... i turned Bass down to approx one third of total volume and treble up to about two thirds of the way up. This give just enough bass and mid without distortion for most type of music.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #258
2010BXMXW
justmakingit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i sadan M package

question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneka @ Sytner View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that I have been successful in negotiating a deal on the Alpine Hi Fi Upgrades ...drum roll please...

***£490 - Includes vat, all parts and fitting at any of our Sytner BMW dealerships nationwide.***

(This price is down from the average £675. Parts alone RRP £360.83.)

The Alpine Hi Fi Upgrade includes new front speakers and an amplifier to enhance the output, performance and quality of the standard stereo.
(Not for vehicles with Hi-Fi loudspeaker system or hi-fi system professional).

How will the group buy work?
There are two variations of the Alpine Hi Fi Upgrade, one for vehicles built before March 2009 and one for those built after March 2009.
The group buy will go ahead for Pre Mar 09 when 15 particpants, drivers of Coupe (E92)/Saloon(E90) sign up to take part. The same will apply for Post Mar 09.
Convertible(E93) and Touring(E91) drivers who wish to take part should PM me initially with their original registration numbers as the parts may vary according to chassis number.

Can I purchase parts only?
I have managed to negotiate a greatly reduced labour rate for our E90post members, however for those of you who would like to purchase the parts only, please also find below a list of prices.

Parts Only Prices
Coupe - Pre March 09 - £278
Coupe - Post March 09 - £284
Saloon - Pre March 09 - £295
Saloon - Post March 09 - £300

The kit consists of:
- 1 x Class D amplifier
- 2 x Front High-range door speakers
- 2 x Front Mid-range door speakers
- 2 x Frequency switch over units
- All Cables
- All Mouldings

Will you arrange delivery?
We regret that we are unable to post due to the high value of the parts dictating an insurance cost that will outweigh the savings. You are welcome to arrange your own insured courier to collect the goods, if you would like to use this facility we will require payment via Paypal.

I'd like to participate, how do I sign up?
If you would like to participate in the group buy please add your name to the list, I will need to know:
- Your name
- Which dealership you want to collect parts from/have the kit installed
- or whether you want to arrange your own courier
- if you have a Coupe/Saloon
- if your car was built before March 09 or after March 09 (if you're unsure PM me with your original registration number).

For a full list of our locations please click here.

The closing date to sign up as a participant is June 1st 2010.
This group buy is currently limited to a maximum of 50 participants.

Format:
Name - Dealer Location - Fit/Collect/Arrange own courier - Coupe/Saloon - Pre(before March 2009)/Post(after March 2009)

Group Buy Participants

e.g. Anneka @ Sytner - Chigwell - Fit - Coupe - Pre
e.g. Darren Edwards @ Sytner - High Wycombe - Collect - Saloon - Post
one question
i ordered this 2 weeks ago and it should be here next week
my question is: while the rear seat is removed should the rear deck speskers be replaced too. we could not fine any alpine speakers listed for the rear

any thoughts ?????
or help
ty
stephen
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #259
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010BXMXW View Post
one question
i ordered this 2 weeks ago and it should be here next week
my question is: while the rear seat is removed should the rear deck speskers be replaced too. we could not fine any alpine speakers listed for the rear

any thoughts ?????
or help
ty
stephen
No mate.

It's front speakers/tweeters only in the kit, along with the amp, wires and presumeably tweeter housing plastics (if you or your dealer remembered to order them)

Matt
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #260
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep

@Matt, wow that was fast response!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #261
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Guess I was just passing lol... It doesn't hurt that I fitted my Alpine kit with my own two bleeding hands lol!!! Nightmare job!!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #262
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
Still interested in this as parts only - no Sytners anywhere near us so would get a pro to fit it. If I tried, I'd break it.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #263
The_Bear_Yid
BM Noob
England
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

Any way of finding out the specs of the speakers?

I only ever hear of the upgrade and the price but never what you get. I know what you get now, just need to know the spec.

Also if my stereo has 'Professional' on it does that mean the upgrade cannot be done?

Plus can anyone point me in the direction of the spec of the standard set up and whether I have the subs under the seats?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #264
Anthill mob
Rep
Drives: E90 320d M Sport

Hi Anneka

Edited due to more info obtained

Last edited by Anthill mob; 09-25-2011 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0