E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New car: Project TOURING ... mods and updates too

03-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #67
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d MSport

Not bad for a tenner especially if they're implementing the two bucket method..not many places do.

No new updates then..? What's the news on the diffuser?

Also what's with the cool new reg-less bumper look? Me likes!

Ps you've been off the scene for a while theivz I was beginning to wonder if you had gone to the land of sunshine too!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #68
B005T3D-G
Class Leading Reprobate
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Impreza STi - E92 335i (56)

Garage List
Nice to hear about a car wash who do things properly for a change.

Car's looking sweet as ever dude, the more I see the red wheels the more I like them............... on your car

Going to do a full correction detail on mine in a couple of weeks and hopefully get my new wheels at the end of the month.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #69
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Project Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwentie View Post
Not bad for a tenner especially if they're implementing the two bucket method..not many places do.

No new updates then..? What's the news on the diffuser?

Also what's with the cool new reg-less bumper look? Me likes!

Ps you've been off the scene for a while theivz I was beginning to wonder if you had gone to the land of sunshine too!
oh no i'm here just been very busy with work ...

not only the 2 bucket technique but they leave the foam on for a good few mins and do an extra rinse before drying ... they also have special wheel brushes for the inner wheel bit

going to drop car off in a couple of hours for exhaust - using custom exhaust company called styledynamix near southall ... they're also supplying me a new diffuser which i will be getting painted gloss black ... i'll try and get somepics tonight

and then next week once the diffuser is painted ... cant wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by B005T3D-G View Post
Nice to hear about a car wash who do things properly for a change.

Car's looking sweet as ever dude, the more I see the red wheels the more I like them............... on your car

Going to do a full correction detail on mine in a couple of weeks and hopefully get my new wheels at the end of the month.
thanks mate .. belive it or not the wheels are growing on me too lol

look forward to the detail and the new wheels - get some nice pics pls
      03-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #70
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

so here's the only pic i have so far of the new exhaust

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the styledynamics crew (west london) for a fantastic job - took 5h to do with about 3 people working on it. Massive thanks to Shahid, Arif, Craig and Sunny et al

It's a custom fully stainless steel quad exhaust system with no silencers/boxes and twin staggered dual walled 3.5" tips. style dynamics also supplied the diffuser

A quick review: the car instant felt quicker and more responsive and the acceleration is smoother and quicker ... sweeeet. The sound is great. There is a subtle deeper exhaust note esp on hard acceleration but as there are no boxes in the way the turbo whistle is pure sex! will get some proper pics and a vid soon enough

diffuser will be painted soon too ...

03-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #71
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

this is before

03-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #72
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theivz View Post
Just a huge thanks to the best hand car wash place in London. Only place I take my car to (when i can't do it myself). cheers Afi at “OVER THE RAINBOW” for some foam action … sweet. 2 bucket technique. special wheel brushes. inside and out for a tenner! Next to ACE cafe near hanger lane
That is bizarre; I came past there today for the first time in ages - my London office is just round the corner from there and I normally take a different route - and I thought to myself "that looks new, it was a flooring warehouse last time I drove past" - its next to the garage that always has aged pink limos outside, right?

Are you local to alperton then?

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #73
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm down at the office again on Thursday, think I'll be popping in for a pre-weekend wash-up!

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #74
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
I'm down at the office again on Thursday, think I'll be popping in for a pre-weekend wash-up!
Take your car with you Si - might as well get that done too .
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #75
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
Take your car with you Si - might as well get that done too .
That is a great idea Rog!

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 03:32 AM   #76
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That is bizarre; I came past there today for the first time in ages - my London office is just round the corner from there and I normally take a different route - and I thought to myself "that looks new, it was a flooring warehouse last time I drove past" - its next to the garage that always has aged pink limos outside, right?

Are you local to alperton then?

over the rainbow valeting centre has been there for a couple of years now. it;s right next to the tyre shop and 50 m from ace cafe. yup next to the place with the pink limos and A1 bodyshop

they get a lot of top end motors coming before meets and they do a great job - you do have to wait tho - so its not super speedy like your local asda handwashers or should i say handswirlers lol

i work in acton still. used to live in park royal but have moved south (the darkside) ... looking to move back up just to use that car wash

where abouts are you based?
      03-21-2012, 03:33 AM   #77
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That is a great idea Rog!
      03-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #78
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
where abouts are you based?
I live up in Cambridgeshire but my London office is just round the corner from Alperton tube station, 2 mins from Ace cafe.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #79
Rob GTI
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

Nice to see some modded E91s on the forum, gives me some inspiration.

How about the roof rails delete, I've got some of the trim to cover the holes when I remove my rails next week always thought removing the rails makes the car look more sleeker and shows the pan roof off well when on tilt.

Here some pics in this link (as well as some fine other E91 mods)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301956

Mr Singh - you got a build thread yet? Be nice to see how your motor is coming along.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #80
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

damm now annoyed I no longer work at hangar lane be even worth the comute to the office just to get it done instead o wasting half a of saturday
      03-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #81
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
so here's the only pic i have so far of the new exhaust

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the styledynamics crew (west london) for a fantastic job - took 5h to do with about 3 people working on it. Massive thanks to Shahid, Arif, Craig and Sunny et al

It's a custom fully stainless steel quad exhaust system with no silencers/boxes and twin staggered dual walled 3.5" tips. style dynamics also supplied the diffuser

A quick review: the car instant felt quicker and more responsive and the acceleration is smoother and quicker ... sweeeet. The sound is great. There is a subtle deeper exhaust note esp on hard acceleration but as there are no boxes in the way the turbo whistle is pure sex! will get some proper pics and a vid soon enough

diffuser will be painted soon too ...

That looks SWeeeeeet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob GTI View Post

How about the roof rails delete, I've got some of the trim to cover the holes when I remove my rails next week always thought removing the rails makes the car look more sleeker and shows the pan roof off well when on tilt.

Mr Singh - you got a build thread yet? Be nice to see how your motor is coming along.
Ive been thinking about this for a while, but have to say I think the rails are integral to the look and feel of the touring. What say Theivz?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #82
Rob GTI
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Rails work on some estates but not all especially the e91 from the side profile. I think they are too big in relation to the car and the curvature of them also seems to exaggerate this effect. The rails on the later e91 are more subtle and if I had those I may not have bothered.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #83
Rob GTI
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob GTI
Rails work on some estates but not all especially the e91 from the side profile. I think they are too big in relation to the car and the curvature of them also seems to exaggerate this effect. The rails on the later e91 are more subtle and if I had those I may not have bothered.
Plus with less going on up top more attention is drawn to the cool red alloys ...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #84
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

the exhaust sounds nice heard it yesterday as i had to lower the front even more lol! looks nice we did get some pics of both the e91 together but the light was fading :-(
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #85
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That looks SWeeeeeet!!

Ive been thinking about this for a while, but have to say I think the rails are integral to the look and feel of the touring. What say Theivz?
I was sooooo wrong... Okay maybe I wasn't but I've been converted to the dark side!!
Quote:
I stand corrected Rob GTI!

(I removed the rails today to wrap them in gloss black.. But since they're off..I've changed my mind, the car looks a lot slicker without them! Need to order the replacement trims and then we're good to go!)
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #86
Alen E90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i TiAg

nice setup, looks really nice

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #87
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

one of the cars that inspired an lci tourer project had the roof rails delete and looked amazing! i will prob use the roof rails at some point so may paint them gloss black or leave alone ... or paint a roof bar kit to match the wheels but that might be toooo lairy even for me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
Daamn.. not shy! Don't think anyone will miss all those! Look forward to seeing better pics

I had my dual exit conversion done today aswell
sweet have you written it up yet? sorry been busy with work and modding lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
damm now annoyed I no longer work at hangar lane be even worth the comute to the office just to get it done instead o wasting half a of saturday
that's exactly who its for ... people who care enough about swirls not to take it to your local ... who will swirl it like mad for you

Quote:
That looks SWeeeeeet!!

thanks mate ... i think the roof rail delete looks better but i need em sadly..

Quote:
agree

Quote:
Plus with less going on up top more attention is drawn to the cool red alloys ...
thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidee90 View Post
the exhaust sounds nice heard it yesterday as i had to lower the front even more lol! looks nice we did get some pics of both the e91 together but the light was fading :-(
yeah we need to get some proper pics soon bud and thanks for all your work on the car! I am very happy and we're not done yet lol

Quote:
I was sooooo wrong... Okay maybe I wasn't but I've been converted to the dark side!!

I stand corrected Rob GTI!

(I removed the rails today to wrap them in gloss black.. But since they're off..I've changed my mind, the car looks a lot slicker without them! Need to order the replacement trims and then we're good to go!)
pics please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen E90 View Post
nice setup, looks really nice
thanks!
      04-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #88
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

btw i've done a writeup on the exhaust on a separate thread

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674237