E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Anyone had this issue with a Genuine ICOM B NEXT before?

09-03-2018, 11:33 AM   #1
Pete.J
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT (F82)

Garage List
Angry Anyone had this issue with a Genuine ICOM B NEXT before?

I recently bought a Genuine ICOM B Next to flash my CIC iDrive on an E92 335i, the LED next to MOST keeps flashing red, and I can't connect to the iDrive or any other module on the MOST ring.

When I try my old clone ICOM B (which is faulty btw, WinKfp flash keeps failing halfway), it connects fine, and I can connect to all modules on the MOST ring.

I am from Australia, and I bought that ICOM B from Schmiedmann in Denmark, Schmiedmann wants me to pay for shipping back to the EU, and they want me to go to a local BMW dealer to get a test report to prove that it's faulty! Absolutely atrocious customer service I have to pay over $100 USD to get a refund from Schmiedmann for a faulty part, it's absolutely not my fault.

Pierre26, I read somewhere on here that you bought a new ICOM B from Schmiedmann, wondering if you've had any issues with it?

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues? And what tests can I do to confirm that it's a faulty ICOM B?

Or is there anyway I can attempt fixing it?

Some photos of the problem:

Last edited by Pete.J; 09-03-2018 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 02:12 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

The red LED means there is 'no lockable light'.

There seems to be a problem with your MOST network on that vehicle is the ICOM B is failing halfway.

Can you check it's communication with another vehicle???!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 07:56 PM   #3
Pete.J
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post

There seems to be a problem with your MOST network on that vehicle is the ICOM B is failing halfway.

The clone ICOM B connects perfectly fine, but it fails halfway through the flash.

The Genuine ICOM B NEXT doesn't even connect, it has red light flashing next to MOST. I tried plugging it into the boot using the MOST connector the goes into the Combox, and it's giving me the same problem, just flashing red.

If there was a problem in the MOST Bus on the car, wouldn't the clone too give off a red light next to the MOST?

Btw, everything on the MOST network works perfectly fine, the CD Changer, the Combox, the AMP, I got sound through the speakers... etc. doesn't seem like the MOST Bus is faulty.

I'll try connecting that Genuine ICOM B on another car and see if it connects.
      09-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #4
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
Quote:

The clone ICOM B connects perfectly fine, but it fails halfway through the flash.

The Genuine ICOM B NEXT doesn't even connect, it has red light flashing next to MOST. I tried plugging it into the boot using the MOST connector the goes into the Combox, and it's giving me the same problem, just flashing red.

If there was a problem in the MOST Bus on the car, wouldn't the clone too give off a red light next to the MOST?

Btw, everything on the MOST network works perfectly fine, the CD Changer, the Combox, the AMP, I got sound through the speakers... etc. doesn't seem like the MOST Bus is faulty.

Not necessarily. What are the firmware versions on both?

It maybe the ICOM Next B recognises a fault and prevents access. The older ICOM B night not and continue to a point where it fails.

Just an idea.

You could be right, but I've used a lot of ICOM NEXT MOST adapters and none have shown me that red light.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 09:42 PM   #5
Pete.J
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
Quote:

Not necessarily. What are the firmware versions on both?

It maybe the ICOM Next B recognises a fault and prevents access. The older ICOM B night not and continue to a point where it fails.

Just an idea.

You could be right, but I've used a lot of ICOM NEXT MOST adapters and none have shown me that red light.
When I browse to the ICOM IP address and check the firmware, it reports 3.15.

But I believe this is for the ICOM A firmware, not for the ICOM B. How do I view the ICOM B firmware? I didn't even know the ICOM B firmware could be updated or changed in anyway.

I am using the same ICOM A device with both ICOM B MOST heads when I am attempting to connect btw.

Thanks a lot for your help Sensible_