E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Parrot CK3200 or Bury CC9060 for my E90. Advice please

02-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
nigpd
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Remapped BMW 320d E90

Parrot CK3200 or Bury CC9060 for my E90. Advice please

I have a new (to me) E90 320D SE and want to have a bluetooth phone kit put in it.

Reading through the forum, I have narrowed my choice to either the Parrot CK3200 or the Bury CC9060.

My current phone is the Blackberry Storm 9500 but next month will, thankfully, be upgrading to the Blackberry Bold 9700.

So what one do I get? I like the idea of installing the Parrot as another owner has done, in the coin holder out of the way, but I have also heard about some problems with the Parrot kit by the company that installed my satnav, to the point that they will no longer install Parrot kits.

I like the idea of being able to use the steering wheel controls too, but dont know if the Bury unit will do this

Cost isnt a consideration, I would just like the best solution.

Any help and advice would be very welcome. Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Bury is amazing. Reads out your text messages, understands your voice (makes you read ten sentences when you first get it to learn your accent) and the sound is so much better than the parrot, however.....there is no amber illumination and that for me is important, I like everything to blend in at night.

That is the only negative from me.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Walesy
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day Hmmmmmm
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Bury is amazing. Reads out your text messages, understands your voice (makes you read ten sentences when you first get it to learn your accent) and the sound is so much better than the parrot, however.....there is no amber illumination and that for me is important, I like everything to blend in at night.

I found the bury sound terrible actually, thats why I went for the parrot 9100 much more clearer.
      02-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

The Parrot MKi9200 came out of my car after a few days, it was crap, sound being the real nasty side.

Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
nigpd
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Well that's one vote each so far......
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
Kodiak99
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigpd View Post
I have a new (to me) E90 320D SE and want to have a bluetooth phone kit put in it.

Reading through the forum, I have narrowed my choice to either the Parrot CK3200 or the Bury CC9060.

My current phone is the Blackberry Storm 9500 but next month will, thankfully, be upgrading to the Blackberry Bold 9700.

So what one do I get? I like the idea of installing the Parrot as another owner has done, in the coin holder out of the way, but I have also heard about some problems with the Parrot kit by the company that installed my satnav, to the point that they will no longer install Parrot kits.

I like the idea of being able to use the steering wheel controls too, but dont know if the Bury unit will do this

Cost isnt a consideration, I would just like the best solution.

Any help and advice would be very welcome. Thanks in advance

The Bury supports A2DP if that matters to you.
The Bury has great voice recognition.
The Bury has text and email (read outloud) support for BlackBerry.
The Bury has no support for steering wheel controls.

The Parrot has steering wheel control support albeit more expensive, not worth it IMO. Generally only for the CK3000, but now seems to support other parrot kits as well. Not proven though.

The Parrot has better audio quality, this should be your first and foremost priority!

I was in the same position awhile back and stumbled upon a Parrot and Bury dealer online, www.safewireless.com

These guys know their stuff, they made it very clear on the advantages and disadvantages of each kit, made my decision easy. I wish I contacted these guys before I spent weeks checking forums for advice.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #7
F104
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-sport

i have the parrot CK3200 for now two years or so. Before it was in sun glass holder. For the current position I did drill a tiny hole to feed the cable thru (cut the cable and resoldered it underneath).
To be honest it was easier, or nearly perfect to see/operate while in the sunglass holder, but i wanted my obd reader too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #8
nigpd
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak99 View Post
I was in the same position awhile back and stumbled upon a Parrot and Bury dealer online, www.safewireless.com

These guys know their stuff, they made it very clear on the advantages and disadvantages of each kit, made my decision easy. I wish I contacted these guys before I spent weeks checking forums for advice.
Pity they dont have a UK location
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #9
nigpd
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post

I went for the Bury CC9060 but it only reads out emails on my Blackberry Storm but it doesnt read out texts
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #10
nigpd
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak99 View Post

The Bury has text and email (read outloud) support for BlackBerry.
the Bury CC9060 only reads out emails and not texts on my Blackberry Storm
Appreciate 0