E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 2009 328xi coupe

02-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #1
Brainbot1
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328xi Coupe (E92)

2009 328xi coupe

Hello Everyone,
New to the platform. Just bought my first BMW/ dream car. 2009 328xi coupe with manual transmission with approximately 90k miles.

What maintenance items are critical outside regular oil changes? How can I make this car last as long as possible with the fewest headaches besides not driving like an ass? Are there any modifications that are a must I.e. oil catch can?

Based off my limited reading and since I don't know how the last owner treated the car. Here is my current to do list.
1. Oil filter housing gasket (dealer said it was leaking but no loss in oil volume this past week, more cosmetic than anything but probably on its way out)
2. Power steering fluid reservoir/fluid change (dealer recommended this service and I do think the steering could feel better). Also when it was below freezing last week, I would hear some sounds from that area when the car was cold and I was turning left, goes away once the car is warmed up)
3. Transmission fluid change
4. Transfer case fluid change
5. Front and rear diff fluid change
6. Spark plugs
7. Clean/replace air filter.

Sounds like I should be on the lookout for the water pump failing and potentially the vanos solenoids failing.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 10:26 AM   #2
Korz55
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 328xi MT Coupe

Purchased the same car, 2009 328xi manual (black on black) back in 2012 - now has 85K miles. Yes - you get a smile on your face every time you get in. No issues at all so far - no leaks. Your list looks complete other than you might want to change accessory belt and tensioner (after the oil filter gasket), and check the last time brake fluid was changed. I just changed my brakes (first time - if you have stock you will hate the dust) - and my battery is now starting to show it's age. Good luck with it.
Appreciate 0