E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Options Decision

05-05-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
Razzle
Rep
Drives: Acura TL S

Options Decision

I am currently in the market for a 2010 E90 335i. I spoke with a dealer and he found a few options although they both would need to be shipped to the Bay Area. The following are the differences between them. The main thing is that Car A has the M sport Package and is missing many options. However, Car B oinly has the regular sport package but comes fully loaded with every option available but is considerably more.

Car A: $52,750
-M Sport Package
-Dark Wood Trim

Car B: $56,800
-Sport Package
-Aluminum Trim
-Cold Weather package
-Active Steering
-Automatic High beams
-Park Distance Control
-Rear Manual Shades
-Premium Hi Fi Stereo
-Smartphone integration

Which one? I really like the M sport Package. Would I miss all those options?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

None of those options on car B are really "must have" except maybe the upgraded stereo and cold weather (for fold down rear seats).
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 01:18 AM   #3
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
I am currently in the market for a 2010 E90 335i. I spoke with a dealer and he found a few options although they both would need to be shipped to the Bay Area. The following are the differences between them. The main thing is that Car A has the M sport Package and is missing many options. However, Car B oinly has the regular sport package but comes fully loaded with every option available but is considerably more.

-M Sport Package
-Dark Wood Trim

-Sport Package
-Aluminum Trim
-Cold Weather package
-Active Steering
-Automatic High beams
-Park Distance Control
-Rear Manual Shades
-Premium Hi Fi Stereo
-Smartphone integration

Which one? I really like the M sport Package. Would I miss all those options?

Thanks
If you are buying/financing you may get another Hi Fi system installed to replace the crappy existing audio system (not sure if this does anything to warranty). In Bay area you would probably not need Heated Seats unless you are in SFO, which gets foggy and cold.

Depending on your interior color, you may want to decide if you prefer Aluminium or Wood, perhaps this is not a consideration at all.

I do not know especially for a 335i, how much of a difference will it be for sports and M-sports packages, in terms of driving. Get a test drive maybe, might help making a decision
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 08:05 AM   #4
roundle
EXPAT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 VW GTI;18 CX9;11 E91 N52

As a minimalist, I would probably go with option A.

I just ordered a 2011 E91. Given that the car came with many standard options (such as the moon roof) and the free value pack (free leather, which saves $1,500) I did not feel the need to add much more than Sport Seats and firm suspension (hence my decision to add the Sport Package). I briefly considered the M Sport Pack. However, after reviewing the options, I found that there was not a big difference between the Sport Pack and the M Sport Pack (M Sport Pack is mostly superficial, in my opinion).
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
beemer3
Rep
n/a
Drives:

What are the color combo of these cars? Maybe that will help you decide. But if I were in your position, I'd probably pick Car B because I do like those extra comfort features, although I don't need every single one of them. To me, the fold down rear seats which come with the Cold Weather Package and the Park Distance Control are important options.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
bman8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
-M Sport Package
-Dark Wood Trim

-Sport Package
-Aluminum Trim
-Cold Weather package
-Active Steering
-Automatic High beams
-Park Distance Control
-Rear Manual Shades
-Premium Hi Fi Stereo
-Smartphone integration
These are all "passable" options, rarely to see a car configured with so many of them.
-Active Steering
-Automatic High beams
-Park Distance Control
-Rear Manual Shades
-Premium Hi Fi Stereo
-Smartphone integration
Appreciate 0