E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Noob introduction

01-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
2E9xer's
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

Smile Noob introduction

Hi all, and happy new
yr. I have visited this forum a bunch and
finally got motivated to register. I have appreciated all the great info that is shared here.
My wife & I both drive 09 335's with x-drive. Her's an E92 with AT, mine an E90 6MT. Her build date Oct 08, my build date Nov 08.
Her car is in the shop now for it's third HPFP ( the 2nd one never failed--it was in the shop for another reason and the pulled a recall notice) they are also replacing 4 injectors and doing a software update.
Interestingly, my E90 is still on it's first HPFP, and is only scheduled to have a software update as part of the recall. Both cars are stock with appriox 16 k miles on the clock.
The wife is a little tired of dealing with servicing the car, and now wants a sedan(easier to use the backseat, easier to open doors in tight spaces).
She's thinking of going to a new E90 328 for increased reliability. Any comments fro 328 owners would be appreciated.
Also I'm sceptical of the success of the service
on the recall, and will keep you guys posted if we
notice any difference in the car.
Appreciate 0