E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Keyfob not working!!?

11-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #23
Mr Singh
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto

Update:

OK, confirmed it is the ANTENNA AMPLIFIER DIVERSITY, 868 MHZ (to be exact) in the rear spoiler, it also works for the radio aswell as keyfob buttons. Its around £110 and is a easy enough DIY. Part is ordered and I'll get it changed over next week.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #24
dakhu1
love the 'GT ROAD'....bruuuaaah!
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport & 118D M Sport

Glad you sorted it!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #25
Jules59
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Still searching ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
UPDATE:

Had the car check on Autologic diagnostics, and the keys both work. The problem seems to be with something inside/under the rear roof spoiler. Either broken wire in the harness near the tailgate hinge or some sort of module which accordiing to PCS is a common fault initiated by damp. I will need to rebook it in for them to fully investigate which it is i.e. module or a broken wire.

Does anyone know where I can get an exploded view or guide of how to remove the rear spoiler? I'm pretty nifty when it comes to auto electrics, if its something I can do myself I would gladly prefer to save the outlay on labour costs, and should this module have failed - remove it and replace it.
I has a central locking problem which turned out to be the transponder near the tailgate. was replaced under warranty. Was told by dealer that water ingress into the transponder on 3 and 5 series is a common issue and they put extra sealant around the new transponder now.
      07-30-2018, 03:15 PM   #26
austin.tillison
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
I'm wondering if my issue might be in the transponder as well..

just had a new battery soldered into my non comfort access key fob and i"m still getting nothing

looks like I'll be tracking down the transponder when I get home from work
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 05:29 AM   #27
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.tillison View Post
I'm wondering if my issue might be in the transponder as well..

just had a new battery soldered into my non comfort access key fob and i"m still getting nothing

looks like I'll be tracking down the transponder when I get home from work
I've read it a few times the diversity antenna can go faulty which is located near the rear glass at the top. Just need to unclip the plastic piece in the headlining and you will be able to see it. Held in with a couple of Torx screws.
Appreciate 0