E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Ebay Motors Payment Options

07-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

Ebay Motors Payment Options

When it comes to purchasing a vehicle using ebay motors, I know that paypal is the preferred method of payment, but are bank-to-bank wire transfers safe as well? I am wondering because it takes about a week for funds to transfer from my bank to paypal, so it makes the process a little more difficult. I was looking at ebay's Vehicle Protection Policy and it says the following:

You, the seller, the vehicle, and the financial institutions on which payment was drawn, and to which payment was made, must have been located in one of the fifty United States or Canada on the listing's end date.

This leads me to believe that bank-to-bank wires are protected.

A related question, if I were to use the paypal method, the seller would be charged the 2.9% fee. If there is no mention of the fee in the listing, this means that they will have to cover it, correct?

Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

yea, most high price cars are wire...
      07-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

To answer your question, NO. The dealer will make you to pay those fees.
99.9% of auto dealers on eBay will NOT accept the payment via Paypal. I also read somewhere that it is against PayPal's policy to pay for vehicle which is over $2,000
I sell cars on eBay and I normally receive the deposit via PayPal and the remaining via wire transfer. The main reason is that a wire transfer takes about 2-5 hours to post on my bank account. So, for example, if the buyer wires the money early in the morning, I overnight the title and other documents the same day in order to speed up the process.
Before wiring the funds, ask the seller to send you the Bill of Sale.
I ship cars almost every other week and can hook you up with a transporter. Let me know, I'll be glad to help you out or answer any questions you may have.