E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > WTB: 2011 N55 E90 335i xDrive 6MT, sport or M Sport

03-12-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
TabulaRasa
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive M-Sport 6mt

WTB: 2011 N55 E90 335i xDrive 6MT, sport or M Sport

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Just testing the waters to see if there is a car out there coming up for sale.

Looking for a 2011 335i xDrive sedan with a manual transmission in good shape, clean title, and good maintenance history.

Manual transmission only! Sport package with sport seats and steering wheel are a must. M Sport would be a bonus. Folding rear seats are also a must-have. iDrive is a must have. A tune or basic bolt ons would be great but not looking for something that has been highly modified. Just looking for a nice daily driver.

Everything else, like Harmon Kardon stereo, comfort access, window shades, etc. are a bonus but not a dealbreaker.

I'm located in Minneapolis but willing to fly out and drive home the right car. Willing to pay for a PPI if you're willing to drive the car to a local enthusiast oriented BMW shop.

Would consider the right 2009-2010 335i N54, F30 335i, or even a 2006-2008 330xi for the right deal.

Looking to get back into a BMW after owning 5 Audi's in a row and frankly, being a little bored. Plus it's not easy finding a manual Audi S4 with a supercharger and I don't want a big car.

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #2
martinm0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i RWD 6MT Sport

+1

I'm interested in the same car in the New England region (VT). Mostly looking for 2011 N55 xDrive 6MT Sport and Cold weather packages, but would be open to 2009+ models that meet other requirements.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 03:14 PM   #3
sahilthegreat
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

Garage List
2011.75 BMW M3  [0.00]
I don't know if you'd consider a e92, but there is a local Honda dealership (Keenan Honda) in PA that has a n55 e92 6sp car, 40k mi, iDrive, xDrive for like $20k. High. But what do you expect from a dealer?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 11:16 AM   #4
TabulaRasa
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive M-Sport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilthegreat View Post
I don't know if you'd consider a e92, but there is a local Honda dealership (Keenan Honda) in PA that has a n55 e92 6sp car, 40k mi, iDrive, xDrive for like $20k. High. But what do you expect from a dealer?
Thanks for the tip. I've seen cars like that, I just don't see the value in them. Would prefer a car with more miles that have had a few of the bigger maintenance issues tackled like water pump, various gaskets, ignition components, etc. Looking to spend around $10-15k.

A 40k mile car with nothing done besides maybe 4 oil changes and no warranty for $20k? At that price it's not a big jump to get a F30 335i with a 5 year BMW CPO warranty in the $25-28k range.

But thanks for the help, I really don't want to buy an automatic.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 04:30 PM   #5
Hbiliouris335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Bmw 335i Xdrive 6MT

I have the right car. No idrive though. 09 335i xdrive. Cold weather, sport, premium ish.. mtech....ish has clean mods. Text at 508 254 6840. Located in mass. Ohh 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 06:55 AM   #6
BoostIsLove
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed manual

How about an 08 335xi? 49.5k miles, 6 speed, sport everything(not msport), space grey exterior, coral red interior, folding rear seats, auto dimming mirrors, has bolt ons and MHD. Clean title but still owe on it.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 11:35 PM   #7
mikes4
Private
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinm0 View Post
+1

I'm interested in the same car in the New England region (VT). Mostly looking for 2011 N55 xDrive 6MT Sport and Cold weather packages, but would be open to 2009+ models that meet other requirements.

Thanks!
My brother has an '11 e90 M Sport 6MT grey exterior black interior premium I drive.

150k ish Maintained by Turner. Fully Documented ($31k in documented maintenance)

Apex ARC8
ST by KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 11:35 PM   #8
mikes4
Private
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Just testing the waters to see if there is a car out there coming up for sale.

Looking for a 2011 335i xDrive sedan with a manual transmission in good shape, clean title, and good maintenance history.

Manual transmission only! Sport package with sport seats and steering wheel are a must. M Sport would be a bonus. Folding rear seats are also a must-have. iDrive is a must have. A tune or basic bolt ons would be great but not looking for something that has been highly modified. Just looking for a nice daily driver.

Everything else, like Harmon Kardon stereo, comfort access, window shades, etc. are a bonus but not a dealbreaker.

I'm located in Minneapolis but willing to fly out and drive home the right car. Willing to pay for a PPI if you're willing to drive the car to a local enthusiast oriented BMW shop.

Would consider the right 2009-2010 335i N54, F30 335i, or even a 2006-2008 330xi for the right deal.

Looking to get back into a BMW after owning 5 Audi's in a row and frankly, being a little bored. Plus it's not easy finding a manual Audi S4 with a supercharger and I don't want a big car.

hey!

see my post above ^^
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 07:17 AM   #9
e90bravo
Registered
Rep
Drives: '11 335i xDrive 6MT M-Sport

TabulaRasa / martinm0,

mikes4 (above) is my brother. I own the '11 335i xdrive M-Sport 6MT he was speaking about.

I'm open to selling it, and I am completely transparent about the car.

So, a little about the car...
  • I'm asking $11,999 for it.
  • It's a 2011 BMW 335i xDrive 6MT w/ M-Sport Package
    • Installed options detailed in an attachment below
  • Space Gray Metallic on Black Leather

HISTORY
  • I am the 2nd or 3rd owner. I honestly didn't pay a ton of attention to that when I bought it because I just wanted it.
  • I purchased the car with ~59,xxx miles on it
  • The car currently has ~143,xxx miles on it.
  • The car is used exclusively as my daily.
  • I drive a combination of secondary roads and highways and the car has never been tracked during my ownership. I obviously can't speak to previous ownership.

MAINTENANCE
  • The car has been meticulously maintained by a combination of Wagner BMW in Shrewsbury, MA and Turner Motorsports in Amesbury, MA since I bought it.
  • All services have been conducted on-time or ahead of schedule since I've owned the car
  • It was just in to Turner (3/13) for
  • Brand new front rotors and pads.
  • I had them install ECS Tuning Stainless brake lines while they were there
  • Replaced the Blower Motor because the bearing had gone bad and it was squealing
  • Replaced the Start/Stop button because it was peeling
  • I service ALL fluids (diffs, tranny, etc) every 60,000 miles whether they need it or not
  • I'm currently using the Liqui-Moly Engine treatment products to flush the engine of excess gunk and re-lube the seals, etc.
  • I have a binder with paper records of every service / repair that's been performed on the car since I purchased it.
  • The running total of parts + labor is in excess of $32,000 at this point.
  • I'm approaching my 4th year of ownership and expenses have tapered off significantly and are now fall into what I would call "routine maintenance" and/or "mileage related replacement"
  • I've attached a copy of my maintenance spreadsheet (pdf) which gives a high-level overview of what I've spent
  • I would be happy to let you take a look at the binder. You can also feel free to call Turner ((978-388-9595) and inquire about the car.

MODS
  • I had previously had the car dyno-tuned by Bren Tuning in Charlton, MA but that tune was lost a while back when I had my DME re-flashed.
  • I just recently (3/13/19) re-installed the standard Cobb 91 Octane tune
  • Apex ARC8 17" Wheels
    • I have the original M-Sport wheels if interested
  • ST by KW Coilovers

KNOWN ISSUES / THINGS I WOULD CHANGE

The car suffers from a very intermittent long-crank.
  • I've had both HP and LP pumps replaced, though that was a little while ago. This is a fairly common thing for these cars based on forum posts. We're chasing a corroded battery terminal at the moment.

Rebuild the rear suspension w/ M3 components.
  • This is largely a mileage-based replacement with tasteful upgrades

Fix Transmission linkage.
  • This is purely because I'm anal and the previous owner seems to have thrown a cut-down shift-rod in there. It's a little too notchy for me.

Replace the Turbo
  • This is a direct result of feedback from Bren Tuning noting that there was a little Oil in the blow-by in the exhaust during tuning which he suspects is due to the turbo seal(s) starting to leak.

Replace Steering Wheel
  • The leather on the top of the steering wheel is starting to crack due to age. I will eventually replace that.

Replace Shift Knob
  • The leather on the shift knob is worn. I will eventually replace that.

Respray Front-end
  • There is paint chipping (to be expected) on the front of the car. By no means excessive, though I suppose that is subjective. My OCD will cause me to have that re-sprayed at some point.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o441dsz179...B456C.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57unp0r3tn...F1B9C.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ovi30yfnp...18D03.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b49rj8jn7z...4814A.JPG?dl=0

More pics available upon request.

Hope this helps!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2011-SEDAN (1).pdf (77.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: pdf BMW Repair Tracker.pdf (499.4 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by e90bravo; 03-16-2019 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: Added Pics
Appreciate 0