E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Use caution when purchasing from Bmanny!

06-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
Synergy 69
www.facebook.com/Synergy69
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335I MT

Angry Use caution when purchasing from Bmanny!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=1#post7469133

This seller is giving me the notion that he is going to leave me out to dry. I've requested his phone number numerous times so that we may resolve this issue, but he has not complied. It amazes me how sensibilities are thrown out the window with some people. This guy did not purchase the shipping insurance on a $1000 item and is blaming the damages on the shipping company and he wants to assume no responsibility. He didn't even stick around to see the quality of the packaging before he took off.

I told him that I'd be more than willing to compensate him for his troubles on packaging and shipping. That means I want it done right and I'll pay for it; now I'm stuck with a jacked up trunk! I've also tried to resolve this issue via PM until he decided to be childish and block me to where I couldn't send him PMs anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmanny
WOW! that doesnt even look like my trunk i didnt see the box that was made when i drop the trunk to the shipping company i stayed and seen it bubble wrap twice! i dont know about the packaging.. This is why i was trying to sell these items local i didnt have the org box(vorsteiner pacakge) so makeing a box to secure the item would be hard . i paid 150$ for overnight i didnt go straight thru fedex i went through a company that deals with them on a bigger scale
I could've done a better job packaging it myself. They didn't bubble wrap the edges properly. Did you buy the shipping insurance? How are we going to rectify this situation? I also need your phone number.
Quote:
I didnt buy shipping insurance , they told me if i overnight it it would get bounce around if i ship ground . and ground with insurance was more than overnight. and i was already selling the trunk for cheap i couldnt coough up anymore $$
Why in your right mind would you not pay for shipping insurance? It's a $1000 item. Why won't you send me your phone number?
Quote:
wow and u made a paypal dispute smh.. we have nothing else to talk about .your not try to reoslve shit but get your $$$ back .. bashing my threads . disputing already.i did not pack it i have no control over fedex how they handle the item..
I in no way bashed him in his thread. I only stated the facts and wanted him to man up to resolve this situation. Instead he's trying to hide, but what he doesn't realize is that he's in serious trouble if he tries to do that.

*EDIT*
BTW, go back and check his original sales thread. He's been going back and editing a few of his responses 6+hrs later, but what he doesn't realize is that I quoted a lot of his responses so it doesn't matter how much he tries to change them. Now is that freaking shady or what? =/

LEFT SIDE DAMAGE!!!

RIGHT SIDE DAMAGE!!!

It's very hard to see with a camera, but there's a blemish line.

Last edited by Synergy 69; 06-10-2010 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
Wwwwooooooowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
kifly17
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 AW/BLK 330ci (Sold)

wow dude that must have been a VERY bad packaging job!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
Rep
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport

should have taken pics the second u opened it. U have no proof.
      06-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 Trojan View Post
should have taken pics the second u opened it. U have no proof.
wtf are you talking about! I took pics right when I opened it.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
BillLee
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy 69 View Post
wtf are you talking about! I took pics right when I opened it.
you have to make a video of yourself opening the package. that's what i do every time i buy something expensive that is shipped
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #7
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
you have to make a video of yourself opening the package. that's what i do every time i buy something expensive that is shipped
oh lord! Why would I cause damage to something that I've been hounding this guy to sell me for the past month.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #8
matrix76
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i Black/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Should have taken pics the second u opened it. U have no proof.

Quote:
LOL, you guys are trying to imply that Synergy 69 is lying about this. Come on, Bmanny just needs to step up here at take some of the responsibility for this screw up, that pricey item should have been packaged properly & insured.

Last edited by matrix76; 06-09-2010 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #9
RaceFab
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Well good thing your going painted..I recently bougt a vorsteiner trunk lid..i should have looked at it more carefully but the guy said it was profesionally installed by JT BONN aka JT AUTO BODY from rosemead area...and they did a poor job on removing it..broken carbon fiber..rounded corners,etc... im painting mine as well thank god
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #10
cuban335i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i xdrive

well it is kind of fucked up that you got the trunk from him AND you did a paypal dispute as well... so you're pretty much going to get that trunk for free? I got my vorsteiner v-35 hood shipped from socal to new jersey and it had a little piece on the corner break off but i dealt with it and fixed it myself... i don't think you or bmanny is going about this the right way... how do you expect him to pay for shipping AND pay for insurance as well... if you wanted insurance, YOU should have paid for it..
'12 e92 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo - ADV.1 ADV10, Volk TE37SL, OSS, Innotech F1, Arkym, iND
'09 e92 335i Alpine White/Saddle Brown - fully modded
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #11
matrix76
Major
Rep

cuban335i ,, Dah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban335i View Post
So you're pretty much going to get that trunk for free?
You obviously do not know much about PayPal policy, this was a private sale, not covered, ,

Quote:
How do you expect him to pay for shipping AND pay for insurance as well... if you wanted insurance, YOU should have paid for it..
Did you even read what he said, he offered to cover the costs, Bmanny did a shitty job handling this , bottom line ,

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #12
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 535i + 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
As an eBay seller I see both sides of the story. Anything of value or over-sized I pay for insurance out of my own pocket (profit of the sale) it is much easier than having to deal with situations like this.

The seller obviously thought that once the item was dropped off it was no longer his responsibility, his replies seem a little suspicious too. No way overnight without insurance is cheaper than ground with insurance and shipping companies always recommend insurance it's more revenue. In my opinion the seller was just being cheap.

Since the buyer did offer to pay extra for insurance and packing costs then there is really no excuse at all and the buyer should be refunded 100%, however the buyer should return the item on his own dime and packaged properly (no need to insure anymore).

Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #13
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

Quote:
well it is kind of fucked up that you got the trunk from him AND you did a paypal dispute as well... so you're pretty much going to get that trunk for free? I got my vorsteiner v-35 hood shipped from socal to new jersey and it had a little piece on the corner break off but i dealt with it and fixed it myself... i don't think you or bmanny is going about this the right way... how do you expect him to pay for shipping AND pay for insurance as well... if you wanted insurance, YOU should have paid for it..

Paypal does not arbitrate when it comes to private sales and the seller is not an established business.

I've already stated above that I was more than happy to pay extra to have this shipped correctly. I'm always about doing things right even if it cost a bit extra.

The qualm I have is this guy is not doing the right thing in stepping up to help me settle this situation. He has not offer to help on repairs if it even is repairable. The point/tip of the right side is completely smashed and I don't know if it's even feasible to repair with non carbon fiber materials as it will probably cause flex thus presenting web like splinters in the paint in that region.

He claims I'm bashing him and that I'm the one being childish. This is not true. I've refrained from all the emotional responses that I truly want to express about this guy and I've been pretty patient in presenting the facts and allowing him to step up to resolve this issue. I can only blame his young age of 23(of which I have 10 years seniority) for his immaturity on handling this situation as well as his character flaw of not being a stand up guy to help resolve this issue.

The thing that makes absolutely no sense is that he had no extra $$$ for shipping insurance or that he was too cheap to spring for it even though I said I would compensate him for all packaging & shipping expenses! Another thing that doesn't make sense is that he didn't stick around to watch them package the trunk. I've shipped parts off my BMW before to California and I watched them package my big items and make sure the box was sturdy enough as well as making sure to include shipping insurance. He didn't take the time or care about that. He had my money and that was that. We own BMWs which are not cheap. I take pride in mine and I'm sure he does in his. Heck he's made a lot of expensive purchases in parts and now he's trying to sell them to recuperate some money. Shipping insurance couldn't have been more than $100 tops which is nominal in the big scheme of things. He decided to take the cheap and short cut way out thus resulting in the dilemma at hand.

He's basically taking his money and running. He won't give me his phone # nor will he call me. Even if it wasn't his original intentions on fcuking me over, his current actions show otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #14
matrix76
Major
Rep

Step up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ325i View Post
The seller obviously thought that once the item was dropped off it was no longer his responsibility, his replies seem a little suspicious too. No way overnight without insurance is cheaper than ground with insurance and shipping companies always recommend insurance it's more revenue. In my opinion the seller was just being cheap.

Since the buyer did offer to pay extra for insurance and packing costs then there is really no excuse at all and the buyer should be refunded 100%, however the buyer should return the item on his own dime and packaged properly (no need to insure anymore).

Just my 2 cents.
Exactly, Bmanny, here is your opportunity to step up and put an end to the thread , , , you did drop the ball on this one for sure, , , ,

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #15
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
On $1000 item insurance should have been no more than $15-$20
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #16
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As an eBay seller I see both sides of the story. Anything of value or over-sized I pay for insurance out of my own pocket (profit of the sale) it is much easier than having to deal with situations like this.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for your unbiased input. I have offered that, but he didn't accept that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy 69
Quote:
damn dude you already bash the thread . i was hoping u we could of resovle this issue privately. damn i really didnt wanna ship. this is why i was excited to ship and it took u almost a month to get me to ship
well you're not making any efforts to rectify this situation.

I will be more than willing to ship this back to you PROPERLY for a refund. I've packaged and ship items to be worked on and have had them returned in impeccable condition. I also sprung for the insurance on shipping both ways.

Quote:
I didnt buy shipping insurance , they told me if i overnight it it would get bounce around if i ship ground . and ground with insurance was more than overnight. and i was already selling the trunk for cheap i couldnt coough up anymore $$
It took awhile to decipher that, but he's saying that the box will bounce less on a plane vs ground delivery which is retarded because either way a truck delivers the item eventually. I think his packaging company duped him into paying extra for the overnight. I've even tried to do Bmanny's responsibility of contacting his packaging company, but that company is a joke. They bounced me around the phone lines until finally they decided to send me to some random person's voicemail.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #17
wonsungnabi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335

wow... sorry to hear man. It's definitely not buyer's fault to receive a damaged item.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #18
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! I knew it was a lower amount. Just said $100 to cover all bases.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #19
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I just read the other thread and saw he used a third party packaging company to package the item as FedEx do not offer this.

1. Seller go after the packaging company, they share your responsibility.

2. Use UPS next time, a franchised store offer packaging services which follow UPS shipping guidelines, ie. Minimum widths around item depending on weight, you pay more but you get what you pay for.

3. Always, always, always pay for insurance on risky items like this.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #20
jaguar36
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
+1

Did it really get shipped overnight? No way would that be cheaper than ground + insurance for something of that size.

This really is somethign that should be discussed over the phone, seems fishy that he won't call you or give you his number.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #21
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
and you would instantly be accused of staging the video after re-taping the box.

round and round it goes.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #22
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

BTW, go back and check his original sales thread. He's been going back and editing a few of his responses 6+hrs later, but what he doesn't realize is that I quoted a lot of his responses so it doesn't matter how much he tries to change them. Now is that freaking shady or what? =/

Appreciate 0