E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Varrstoen wheels, think twice before placing your order

03-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Varrstoen wheels, think twice before placing your order

I recently ordered a set of Varrstoen's new LM reps; 1.1.2 in hyper black/diamond polish lip in 19x9.5/10.5. When I was in the market for LM reps, it seemed like Varrstoen was the obvious choice, they were praised for their beautiful finish and in pictures always seemed to be one of the best replica wheels available, and at a great price point.

I pulled the trigger on a set in advance, and had them sent to me directly from the manufacturer, however when they arrived the flawless wheels I thought I would be receiving were anything but. Overall, still a great product, and I am not trying to claim otherwise, but the flaws in their finish and some of the horribly obvious markings on these BRAND NEW wheels simply is unacceptable. I have attached 3 pictures of a few more noticeable spots on the wheels, but keep in mind this is only of 2 of the 4 wheels, I will open the others up later and inspect them even more closely.

Picture 1: Black scratch just above one of the lug holes

Picture 2: Bubble in the finish, one of several found on every wheel

Picture 3: The last straw, a huge imprint of something right in the center of one of my rear wheels, looks almost as if something was left on the finish halfway through it drying, then pulled off.

The same day I received the wheels I made contact and informed Varrstoen of my concerns, they were anything but helpful. They simply claim that ALL of the wheels from this new batch have the same flaws and they do not take responsibility for such damage. I would be stuck with return shipping if I wanted to have a new set sent to me (which more than likely wouldn't be any better). I find this extremely unacceptable, these wheels should be FLAWLESS, when I open the box and they are safely wrapped and packaged, it's obvious that this is an issue in their production, not anything else.

So, I urge anyone else that was considering a purchase from this company to pursue other avenues, or plan on refinishing all of your brand new wheels to preserve the terrible finish Varrstoen is proudly distributing and refusing to admit fault with. I am so surprised at this company, and I wasn't going to smear them if they had made an effort or extended a hand to help me in this situation, but they simply don't care about their customers and are just in it to make a buck at this point. Terrible customer service and morals if you ask me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Bpower
Banned
Rep
Drives: E-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcumac View Post
I recently ordered a set of Varrstoen's new LM reps; 1.1.2 in hyper black/diamond polish lip in 19x9.5/10.5. When I was in the market for LM reps, it seemed like Varrstoen was the obvious choice, they were praised for their beautiful finish and in pictures always seemed to be one of the best replica wheels available, and at a great price point.

I pulled the trigger on a set in advance, and had them sent to me directly from the manufacturer, however when they arrived the flawless wheels I thought I would be receiving were anything but. Overall, still a great product, and I am not trying to claim otherwise, but the flaws in their finish and some of the horribly obvious markings on these BRAND NEW wheels simply is unacceptable. I have attached 3 pictures of a few more noticeable spots on the wheels, but keep in mind this is only of 2 of the 4 wheels, I will open the others up later and inspect them even more closely.

Picture 1: Black scratch just above one of the lug holes

Picture 2: Bubble in the finish, one of several found on every wheel

Picture 3: The last straw, a huge imprint of something right in the center of one of my rear wheels, looks almost as if something was left on the finish halfway through it drying, then pulled off.

The same day I received the wheels I made contact and informed Varrstoen of my concerns, they were anything but helpful. They simply claim that ALL of the wheels from this new batch have the same flaws and they do not take responsibility for such damage. I would be stuck with return shipping if I wanted to have a new set sent to me (which more than likely wouldn't be any better). I find this extremely unacceptable, these wheels should be FLAWLESS, when I open the box and they are safely wrapped and packaged, it's obvious that this is an issue in their production, not anything else.

So, I urge anyone else that was considering a purchase from this company to pursue other avenues, or plan on refinishing all of your brand new wheels to preserve the terrible finish Varrstoen is proudly distributing and refusing to admit fault with. I am so surprised at this company, and I wasn't going to smear them if they had made an effort or extended a hand to help me in this situation, but they simply don't care about their customers and are just in it to make a buck at this point. Terrible customer service and morals if you ask me.
That's a pretty grim experience you got there. There is always better business bureau that you can try contacting and also I think you should return these and eat the shipping for now. You would rather get the money for the wheels reimbursed to you and loose the shipping for now until BBB gets involved and hopefully they will return everything else to you.

You were a great buyer (based on my experience with you)and I wish you the best of luck with this issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Thanks man, still enjoying those ECS grilles.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
Boooost
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MK4 Supra, Alpine on black 335

I'm amused that you're surprised that you spent rock bottom dollar on fake wheels built by a company that makes their living building sub par replicas of genuine product and are now upset at the flaws and defects found when they show up.

I can give you one piece of advice to ensure that next time you order wheels, you will get an absolutely FLAWLESS product that is perfect every time. Try a set of BBS LMs.

BN Sports Supra... mmmm
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Thanks but no thanks. This has nothing to do with the fact that these are reps, if a company advertises flawless finish on their products that is how they should be delivered, regardless of money spent. Just ask all of the members on this forum running replica wheels, I'm willing to bet they came as advertised.

...I said it on another forum and I'll say it here, spending $7-8K on wheels on a car that is worth less than 20 grand is, for lack of a better word, retarded.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooost View Post
I'm amused that you're surprised that you spent rock bottom dollar on fake wheels built by a company that makes their living building sub par replicas of genuine product and are now upset at the flaws and defects found when they show up.

I can give you one piece of advice to ensure that next time you order wheels, you will get an absolutely FLAWLESS product that is perfect every time. Try a set of BBS LMs.
Get the hell out of here with that bs! There are a lot of reps out there with fantastic products.
Whether you want to believe it or not.... this is unacceptable!
      03-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #7
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

I just picked up a set today and was very happy with what I got!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 12:17 AM   #8
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Regardless, I will say that they are sick wheels and I chose them over all of the other reps out there based on the finish and sizes, I'm just going to deal with the defects because I love the way these things look on the E90...lips are HUGE.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #9
illeste92
Rep
Drives: black e92

How can one order a set of these?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #10
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeteam View Post
How can one order a set of these?
Contact Varrstoen via email, or PM Gavin@MMW, great guy and customer service is outstanding.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 11:50 PM   #11
Murph335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 N54 e90, '10 N54 e93, TBSS

Garage List
2015 Tesla P85D  [0.00]
So wheels are oem functional no Steering wheel shake, or vibrations?
      05-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #12
The Cleaner
Thats all you need to know.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 , 2016 X5

Ya that looks bad, even looks like they tried to sand out one of them. I think you get what you pay for most of the time. Reproduction parts are very rarely as good as the real product. I only purchased 1 set of reproduction wheels and they were not easy to balance and never had the same qualify finish as the real ones. If BBS or whoever the original manufacturer is could make wheels for less I think they would. Lower prices means lower production cost so corners will always need to be cut and those cuts are often seen in the final product.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #13
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Glad you let us know. Where did you purchase? I'm assuming direct?
      05-23-2014, 12:26 AM   #14
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
random 3 year bump and wheels/car are long gone, but I'll bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph335 View Post
So wheels are oem functional no Steering wheel shake, or vibrations?
The issues were limited to the finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post
Ya that looks bad, even looks like they tried to sand out one of them. I think you get what you pay for most of the time. Reproduction parts are very rarely as good as the real product. I only purchased 1 set of reproduction wheels and they were not easy to balance and never had the same qualify finish as the real ones. If BBS or whoever the original manufacturer is could make wheels for less I think they would. Lower prices means lower production cost so corners will always need to be cut and those cuts are often seen in the final product.
Right. I also understand that BBS makes true 3 piece wheels and these were 1 piece, but for the amount of money I wanted to spend on a DD 325i spending that kind of money was silly. In my opinion, regardless of what you're buying products should be delivered as they are advertised, that's what bothered me at the time. Powdercoating isn't rocket science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
Glad you let us know. Where did you purchase? I'm assuming direct?
I purchased them from MMW, though I have nothing bad to say about them. He was the middle-man and did not open the boxes before sending them along to me. At the time, this was one of the first batches Varrstoen made and they admitted to having some quality control issues across the board with them.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 10:20 PM   #15
P Casey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Lol rep mfg's are the worst.