E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > THE MOST RECKLESS BMW DEALERSHIP IN THE USA... and their lawyers..

12-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #23
phillyfan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 335i 6AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
- What happened to the OP sounds terrible. With that said, if the lawyer that represents Penske is any good, he would be worthless, except for maybe updates if anything is going on. My guess is that at this point, this is fruitless as well. He would contact the OP if there are any developments. Regarding asking the lawyer for advice, legally he can not give it. If he offered advice against his client, he should be fired and possibly be sued by Penske, despite how bad the issue might be. In other words, he will most likely not give advice, unless he is not a good lawyer. If he is not a good lawyer, do you really want his advice?
Good points on asking for advice, but I'd still ask. OP loses nothing by asking. I've seen plenty of lawyers get things done. Unfortunately in this world, sometimes being a nudge is how you get things done. The GM is an obvious asshole, so the OP has another ear, might as well grab hold.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 07:11 AM   #24
vapore0n
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Has the OP contacted BMWNA yet?
Before going all media crazy he should have called in, state his situation, and see what be done about it.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #25
TheStigsTwin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapore0n View Post
Before going all media crazy he should have called in, state his situation, and see what be done about it.
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #26
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapore0n View Post
While I agree with this... these sort of national entities generally tend to agree with the dealership as it is in their best interest as they are the ones that provide the business; I've dealt with Mazda NA before and they did nothing for me and sided with the SA at the dealership immediately even though the whole story was laughable and it was more than deserving of Jalopnik. It's worth giving a shot but if it doesn't work out... media always fixes everything and real quick if I may add.
      12-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #27
BMWNA
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Exclamation

arguru, safety is at the core of BMW’s engineering goals. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and inspect your vehicle. A Customer Relations representative will contact you directly to further discuss your situation and schedule a service appointment on your behalf with an authorized BMW center. – BMW of North America, LLC
      12-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #28
vapore0n
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
While I agree with this... these sort of national entities generally tend to agree with the dealership as it is in their best interest as they are the ones that provide the business; I've dealt with Mazda NA before and they did nothing for me and sided with the SA at the dealership immediately even though the whole story was laughable and it was more than deserving of Jalopnik. It's worth giving a shot but if it doesn't work out... media always fixes everything and real quick if I may add.
True. This might be expected.
If BMWNA does nothing, then Id suggest going either gun ho, or lawyer up. Cant do both, as they might conflict between themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNA View Post
arguru, safety is at the core of BMW’s engineering goals. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and inspect your vehicle. A Customer Relations representative will contact you directly to further discuss your situation and schedule a service appointment on your behalf with an authorized BMW center. – BMW of North America, LLC

And I was right

Hope it works out.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #29
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Huh...it's been awhile since I've seen BMWNA on the forums. Good looking out, BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #30
johnnyg238
Drive it like you stole it
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Sapphire Black M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Hopefully something constructive and useful will come out of this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNA View Post
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #31
aykim2188
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 335xi

Whether this gets worked out or not by BMWNA, the dealer needs to at least issue an apology for their ignorance. This is an EASY case to take to court. Ridiculous how they handled this situation. I would never go there and I would make sure anyone else would stay clear of place like that.

m-tech front & sides | jbspeed CF splitters| painted reflectors | black kidneys | dinan strut bar | bmw performance exhaust | bmw performance power kit | bbs rg-r
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #32
Spoolin335
Justin Herass
Canada
Rep
Drives: X6M / M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 Audi TTRS  [10.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [9.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
I cant see why BMW wouldnt want to keep this incident hush hush considering it has to do with a safety issue.

You think Toyota wanted all that bad publicity about their floor mat issues? If this turns out to be a serious issue with BMW's they defiantly dont want people running around saying that BMW is ignoring the issue.

OP should have no problem getting a resolution for this issue.

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #33
Mwishlist
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

You can bet the GM, their lawyer and everyone else involved is reading these threads. I wouldn't advertise what you plan on doing before you do it, although it seems the BMWNA may take care of you.
Kimi: Now.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #34
aarwilli
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Coupe

Please keep us informed of the outcome and if outcry from the community is necessary, don't hesitate. I used to live in Scottsdale and this does not surprise me in the least.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #35
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

When I was young and back in the days when a new employer didn't pay for my move, I rented a Penske truck. If I remember correctly their call center was somewhere in PA. Very rude, and nasty. Then the guy who did the walk around told me you see all the existing damage on the truck? You'll have to pay for it unless you take the damage waiver at some ridiculous price (like more than the rental itself). What they don't seem to realize is when the name is in big letters on the side of a 24' truck, and the people are all rude and nasty, the last thing I would do is buy a car from them. The founder is a 75 y.o. billionaire who has got no time for customers. No time. Unless something has changed, they don't even sell BMW extended warranties, they try to sell some aftermarket that costs just as much (more money in the founder's pockets). Hopefully those are 6 letters that nobody will ever see again.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #36
BlackDesertTango
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330

Let's make this go viral
      12-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #37
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

very disappointing to hear about this - BMW should be more proactive about dealership selection/training; individuals like the GM of this dealership really smear a world class brand like BMW
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 12:03 AM   #38
evangelion139
Dreaming for Manual Transmission E92M3
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328i MT; 2010 E92 M3

"their inability to admit fault is going to make them liable for something" -- well I have experienced the same thing apparently.. I replaced my winshield 3 months ago in the dealer of Little rock, and it started to leaking water into the car recently (pain in the head) but when I took the car back to them, they just simply asked me a few questions and then came up with a statement that the "fact is there's nothing wrong with the winshield", it has to do with either sunroof leaking or maybe door window leaking, and they were not even willing to pull this car into examine if I am not willing to pay the labor, but.. really? Nothing wrong ever happened to other windows before I replaced the winshield, and I even let the local shop double checked my sunroof and door side windows, there shouldnt be anything wrong, so i guess the dealer was just trying to denied what they have not done properly with the winshield which perhaps caused the water leaked in my car ..
      12-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #39
BlackBB6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Garage List

Sorry about your experience, I would like to see how this turns out.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #40
themoveforward
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 328xi MG mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguru View Post
Yea that sounds nice and all, but why haven't I been getting any responses back after I sent you and Penske both the report from the independent repair shop proving that they are liars and they DID in fact seriously endanger my life as well as hundreds of others who drive on our local roads daily?

It seems like both you and Penske were interested in "helping" me with this issue when you thought that you could disprove me and somehow discredit what I went through... but when I showed you the third party evidence showing that I've been telling the truth the whole time and North Scottsdale BMW has been lying, all of the sudden I can't get anyone to call me back?

What's wrong BMWNA? No longer interested in this now that you know the real truth behind this and not North Scottsdale BMW's cover up?
I suggest preparing a lawsuit at this point, obviously BMW is uninterested in helping any further with this matter, otherwise it would have been a priority in responding to you immediately for such a great safety concern. I don't see any further action on their part until either the dealer or BMWNA are served with papers.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #41
hsleiman
First Lieutenant
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 11 e90 335xi PPK 6MT

block out your name, address, and VIN. creepy dudes on the interwebz
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #42
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsleiman View Post
block out your name, address, and VIN. creepy dudes on the interwebz
lol, totally
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #43
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
To me this looks like a blatant attempt at a cover up to hide a critical mistake they made... like their inability to admit fault is going to make them liable for something.
That statement is closer to the truth than you realize. When lawyers are involved they will tell you never say anything and never admit a thing. If someone (like you) are going to make claims or accusations the lawyer will say make them prove their case, do not make their case for them.

We would all like to believe it would be just easier if they admitted they made a mistake and then moved forward and be done with it. Well that is all fine and good if there were not a few people out there who are more than willing to hold people liable for everything they did even if they were not wrong. We live in a country which is sue happy which makes it hard for the rest of us to get what you would deem a simple thing to resolve.

Also, the fact you posts the dealer's name all over this board and threaten them with dragging their name through the mud basically sealed your case with them. They will not help you at this point and if they do with a help of a lawyer you most likely be required to getting your statement pulled from a public forum. There is no such thing as freedom of speech when you trying to get a company to do something for you. You can fall on your sword here and you will be right but it does not guarranty they will fix your car without you spending lots of money on a lawyer and the Dealer know this.

You mistakenly think you have some sort of power of leverage over the dealer, you do not yes you can drag their name through the mud, but they can turn around and make you retract everything you said if you not willing to take it to court and prove your case.

Basically the ball is on your court and you will need to make this all go away before they will help you without brings lawyers into the middle of it.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #44
Billdozer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

The "Statutory Emmisions Inspection" comes up in the check controls as " Service Due" and it is true that it does not apply to most states so they just reset it that part is true but my question is why was the car never taken in for diagnosis in the first place? CPO covers "Most" componets on the car seven then i know the car still has to be diagnosed first to find the failure so did the Service Advisor not even offer to have the car Diaged? If so thats terrible!

FYI for anyone else, if you feels there's a problem with your car get a work order written on the car and if your out of the 4/50 warranty there's always going to be a diag fee but if it is a covered componet then you just pay that $50.00 deductable but seriously not having the car written up and an actual work order made is never good because BMW not only has nothing to look at but it becomes your word against thiers.

i just ad my 2 cents because i was in a similar situation where the dealer would take me in right away not even write a ticket on it make thier "adjustment" for my window rattle then send me on my way but then when the problem came back over and over i told them this has been going on for months and i have been there 4 times there were no records of my visits and now it was my word against theres. So i paid my diag fee got it looked at, the CPO covered my window reg and it cost $50.00 but documentation is eveything!

Hope it all works out for you man, We all got your back!