E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Cobb Stage2+FMIC Sport & Custom Tune Dynos

06-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #45
woptang22
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
I'm real close to getting a pro tune but I just have to find a free weekend to do it. Post some feedback after you drive more with it. I want to see if it's worth it.
I see your from NJ, my car is at Akuma Motorsports in Woodrigde NJ getting a meth kit and Pro Tune with their COBB access tuner software. Im excited to see how it all comes out. You should check their shop out, its a pretty nice place with a lot of really nice WRX's and STI's outside. But I think Pro Tuning the 335i seems to be pretty new to everyone.
      06-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #46
EFI Logics
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 135i, 08 535Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by woptang22 View Post
I see your from NJ, my car is at Akuma Motorsports in Woodrigde NJ getting a meth kit and Pro Tune with their COBB access tuner software. Im excited to see how it all comes out. You should check their shop out, its a pretty nice place with a lot of really nice WRX's and STI's outside. But I think Pro Tuning the 335i seems to be pretty new to everyone.
It's actually not all that different from the Cobb software for the other automotive platforms. We've been tuning via Cobb since 2003 and so far we've gotten some awesome results tuning on the BMW platform.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #47
woptang22
Major
Rep

Thank you for your info Josh. I actually called a few weeks back and talked to someone at your shop about a remote tune. I wish I was closer to you guys to get dyno tuned but it just wasnt doable for me. But with your remote tune you only go up to stage 2. And Im having meth installed so I think that leaves remote tuning out for me. thanks for the reasurance. You guys have done awsome work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Logics View Post
It's actually not all that different from the Cobb software for the other automotive platforms. We've been tuning via Cobb since 2003 and so far we've gotten some awesome results tuning on the BMW platform.

-Josh
      06-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #48
rader1
Banned
Rep
Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i

Quote:
Thank you for your info Josh. I actually called a few weeks back and talked to someone at your shop about a remote tune. I wish I was closer to you guys to get dyno tuned but it just wasnt doable for me. But with your remote tune you only go up to stage 2. And Im having meth installed so I think that leaves remote tuning out for me. thanks for the reasurance. You guys have done awsome work.
Eagerly waiting for your results!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #49
woptang22
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
Eagerly waiting for your results!!!
Wow, me too. Its driving me nuts. I cant wait to get more info on whats going on. Hopefully they get through the tune without any issues. Then if the VANOS issues happen again, at least at that time I can get it taken car of. But as long as the car doesnt go into limp mode, Im thinking they should be able to tune it. At least I hope so.
      06-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #50
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Wow, me too. Its driving me nuts. I cant wait to get more info on whats going on. Hopefully they get through the tune without any issues. Then if the VANOS issues happen again, at least at that time I can get it taken car of. But as long as the car doesnt go into limp mode, Im thinking they should be able to tune it. At least I hope so.
John -- If you want I have 1 brand new VANOS solenoid you can buy off of me for value, shoot me a PM if you need it otherwise I'll prob return it. Hopefully Akuma will have your car up & running soon, cause now that I'm thinking ATP Maps I might have to give EFI a phone call.

Josh + EFI -- Any chance that you guys would consider doing a ATP GB for us North East guys?? I know that Lulz_M3 is organizing something for all the FL guys so I'm a little jealous
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #51
EFI Logics
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Josh + EFI -- Any chance that you guys would consider doing a ATP GB for us North East guys?? I know that Lulz_M3 is organizing something for all the FL guys so I'm a little jealous
I actually attempted to set one up months ago, but I believe it was a little too soon. We would be more than happy to host a group tune day for you guys. We would need a confirmed list of 8 cars. We may be looking at late August or early September because of how popular Saturday appointments are, but I need to confirm when we have time to clear a whole day.

Update: Confirmed for September 8th if you want to do it. Let me know and I will set things up on my end!

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #52
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Logics View Post
I actually attempted to set one up months ago, but I believe it was a little too soon. We would be more than happy to host a group tune day for you guys. We would need a confirmed list of 8 cars. We may be looking at late August or early September because of how popular Saturday appointments are, but I need to confirm when we have time to clear a whole day.

-Josh
I'm sure finding 8 cars on the East coast won't be too hard. I'm down if we can get something organized & a Saturday would work best since I'd be coming from NJ.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #53
BobS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

I just made a appointment today to have my car protuned by EFI, it's for July 12, can't wait! I'll post the results.

ESS 650 ACM-R Upgrades
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #54
EFI Logics
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
I just made a appointment today to have my car protuned by EFI, it's for July 12, can't wait! I'll post the results.
It will be great to have you in!

-Josh
Appreciate 0