E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My 335d Build Thread

12-22-2012, 05:48 AM   #45
Tyso335
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
1" tweeter.. 4" door and by what you've said.. 8" underseats. That way you'll not really need any subs in the back and it should sound very good in the end.

Focal 100KRS are very good but some may say the tweeters sound quite harsh. I also found that too but only after listening to what others had in their car.. all this can ofcourse be altered from your HU and/or the processor. They're excellent speakers otherwise and get a tonne of good reviews :-) They come as 2 x 1" tweeters, 2 x Crossovers and 2 x 4" door speakers which fits directly in the same place as the OEM door spkrs however, you'll need some adaptors / rings whatever they're called to fit too as these aftermarket speakers have 3 mounting holes and the OEM ones have 4 mounting holes .. so you'll need the adaptors/rings to put in place.. again fairly cheap.. think these are the ones..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1907406223...84.m1423.l2649

You'll need to also buy tweeter pods to house the tweeters, directly from BMW which cost no more than £25 for both inc VAT. Give me a call tell em the REG of your car - job done

Sam.
sweet nice one cheers dude now i no what sizes to get i can start looking for what i want to go for

what are you gona do get a processor or change ur hu? whats best to do?

Fuel of the Devil
NOW: E92 335d M Sport lots of mods to come...
Gone But Not Forgotten: EVO 8 MR FQ340 Running 370bhp
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #46
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

I used to have the Audison Bit One in my previous car but this time I've bought myself a JBL MS8 off ebay too lol. Bought it way back in September so my audio has been lying around since then lol. JBL MS8 is in essence the same as an Audison Bit One but the MS8 calibrates automatically (to some degree) so less faffing around tuning the sound, whereas the Bit One is for someone who has patience and knowledge to sit witha laptop and adjust the sound to match their liking exactly.

Big debate on which one's better.. I'm no sound expert but I know I just didn't want to keep going back and forth to a car audio shop to have the thing tuned to my liking, I'd rather have it automatically done to the best possible sound and leave it at that. The only downside to the MS8 is that once calibrated.. you cannot tweak it - otherwise this would be the win-win!

Still, both are capable enough to render an excellent SQ and award wininng products. RRPS for both is IRO £600 LOL, but Bit Ones can be had fro anywhere between £200 - £400 second hand which is a steal if the lower end of the bracket!

I'm not sure about coding to HIFI advantages / disadvantage, speak to 'Makkano' on that - he codes and he'll be able to advise you on that.
      12-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #47
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

I think if you are prepared to learn, have time and enjoy learning the technical side of things then getting a "manual" DSP such as the BitOne, Helix P-DSP (£300), Mosconi 6to8 is a no brainer. If you just want to get something to plug it and never tweak it then an ms-8 or an alpine H-800. Having said that you still have to do loads of calibrations on the ms-8 to get what you want. So it isnt as they market it trust me! I'm not sure how the Alpine is.

There are loads of DSPs out there. I narrowed my choice down to the Helix and Mosconi as they were the best i could get in my budget. Only reason the Helix did it for me is that the software is so much more user friendly, for me anyway, and it was a bit cheaper than the 6to8. Oh and there shouldn't really be any need to take it to a shop if you are prepared to learn and have the right tools. Obviously someone who has a lot of experience will be able to do it quicker but you should still be able to get it how you want it to sound.

About speakers, have a look at the 3 way gladen audio set. Comes with a tweeter, 4" mid and 8" underseat. All drop in. I heard this and it gets quite low. You could probably just about fool people that you have a sub in the back. But it will be clear to people that know their sounds that there isn't one. Pm "Mr Singh" (he did my recent IB install). Think he can sort you out with a harness too.

Are you definately sure you don't want a sub? It totally transforms the sound in a way which no 8" can do.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #48
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
I think if you are prepared to learn, have time and enjoy learning the technical side of things then getting a "manual" DSP such as the BitOne, Helix P-DSP (£300), Mosconi 6to8 is a no brainer. If you just want to get something to plug it and never tweak it then an ms-8 or an alpine H-800. Having said that you still have to do loads of calibrations on the ms-8 to get what you want. So it isnt as they market it trust me! I'm not sure how the Alpine is.

There are loads of DSPs out there. I narrowed my choice down to the Helix and Mosconi as they were the best i could get in my budget. Only reason the Helix did it for me is that the software is so much more user friendly, for me anyway, and it was a bit cheaper than the 6to8. Oh and there shouldn't really be any need to take it to a shop if you are prepared to learn and have the right tools. Obviously someone who has a lot of experience will be able to do it quicker but you should still be able to get it how you want it to sound.

About speakers, have a look at the 3 way gladen audio set. Comes with a tweeter, 4" mid and 8" underseat. All drop in. I heard this and it gets quite low. You could probably just about fool people that you have a sub in the back. But it will be clear to people that know their sounds that there isn't one. Pm "Mr Singh" (he did my recent IB install). Think he can sort you out with a harness too.

Are you definately sure you don't want a sub? It totally transforms the sound in a way which no 8" can do.
+1
      12-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #49
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:

thanks for all the advice bud i will keep this all on board when im looking for all my components

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #50
Matt325
Rep
Drives: e92 330i M-Sport

Looks amazing
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #51
too hot
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: None

Great looking car with some excellent subtle mods.
I`ve just bought a 335D MSport in black too!!!
So I`ll be taking on board some of these mods too.
I`ve already bought my black MPerformance grills direct from BMW.
LED number plate lights.
Next up is to sort out the Angel eyes get some whiter bulbs in there!!
LEDS for the interior and subtle boot spoiler.
Might even start a build thread here too!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #52
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by too hot View Post
LED number plate lights.
Nice mate.. pics please!!!
      12-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #53
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt325 View Post
Looks amazing
cheers bud
Quote:
Originally Posted by too hot View Post
LED number plate lights.
thanks mate, yeh get moding looks like uve got most off it planned already sounds good.
if you want same spoiler as me go to BC MOTO on ebay amazing dude and for such a good price.
i bought some angel eyes off ebay and one off them is playing up so for tht go to a proper shop if i was you.

with your interior lights i changed mine the other day there only 501 bulbs so its nice and easy. i got my bulbs off ebay ages ago wen i didnt even have the car. i bought 10 501 led bulbs off ebay from china for 99p you would think they would be crap but there great never had a problem with them and they look the part there no to bright just give a nice classy look

you got any other big mods planned mate or keeping it simple? what wheels come with yours?

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #54
too hot
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: None

Yeah going to possibly go down the remap route too.
Will have to wait and see about that.Just new to BMW`s having had a lifetime of VW`s.Gonna start a build thread taking some pics this weekend if the rain stops for five mins.Don`t know what the wheels are called BBS looking but I know that doesnt help !!!

RS4

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #55
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

New wheels delivered today courtesy of chris at www.********.com nice and really helpful bloke. really happy with them cant wait to get them fitted and on the car will get some pics up soon people

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #56
x2_e92
Rep
Drives: BMW 2007 320I E92

Cars looking really good, just wanted to ask was the fittings for the carbon badges on the boot lid and bonnet hard?
cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #57
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Lovely example! Looking forward to keeping track of your mods as I have just got a 335D SE
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #58
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Pics dude!!
      01-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #59
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

UPDATE::

Wheels are fitted and very pleased looks awesome. now just need a drop and were are nearly there.
a few cheeky parcel's through the post today

choose red wheel nuts for a different look, did buy red wheel valves to but didnt fit due to if i didnt like them there not an easy change once the tyres are fitted.

few iphone pics will get some good ones with my camera once weather is better and i get some time.

sorry again for the poor pics hope you enjoy

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #60
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2_e92 View Post
Cars looking really good, just wanted to ask was the fittings for the carbon badges on the boot lid and bonnet hard?
cheers
cheers mate, yeh there pretty simple just use a credit card and a micro fibre cloth and work your way around it easing it off little bit by bit takes a while.

Quote:
Lovely example! Looking forward to keeping track of your mods as I have just got a 335D SE
thanks bud, you got much planned for yours?

Quote:
Pics dude!!
there up haha you have seen it already anyway haha

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #61
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

nice one mate!

you could have got some better pics of your car with the wheels on thats just lazy! lol

i quite like the red caps! like you said something different!

so tell me bud, you tempted to go for the coilovers route then????
      01-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #62
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Tyso, looks great mate! Loving the contrast! For the price, couldn't have gotten any better
Yeah get some better pics u lazy fart

Now u needs you some coilovers to finish the bad boy off and your done! Seriously.. plenty of time to save up for some coilys from now until Apr (show season ish).

This will be a good year guys...
      01-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #63
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

oh and maybe de-badge or black coat the 335D on the bootlid! ....complete the stealthy look as you got black grills and badges
      01-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #64
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyso335 View Post
thanks bud, you got much planned for yours?
Nothing major at the moment. Just little bits and pieces really. But these types of threads will keep me interested!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #65
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Nothing major at the moment. Just little bits and pieces really. But these types of threads will keep me interested!
haha these type of threads will get you spending lots of money haha

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #66
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
nice one mate!

you could have got some better pics of your car with the wheels on thats just lazy! lol

i quite like the red caps! like you said something different!

so tell me bud, you tempted to go for the coilovers route then????
cheers dude yep coilovers are next up for me hopefully next month or so. and im a busy man i have a gf to please at weekends i make her do enough car stuf as it is haha

Quote:
Tyso, looks great mate! Loving the contrast! For the price, couldn't have gotten any better
Yeah get some better pics u lazy fart

Now u needs you some coilovers to finish the bad boy off and your done! Seriously.. plenty of time to save up for some coilys from now until Apr (show season ish).

This will be a good year guys...
dont you start you dont no how to use your camera you just like dropping it
yes mate coilys next you no the score will be near enough ready by then should have more mods on by then mate.

wil be an awsome year for us lads

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
oh and maybe de-badge or black coat the 335D on the bootlid! ....complete the stealthy look as you got black grills and badges
yeh ive been thinking about this gona get my mate to take them off then decide what to do.

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0