E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Honestly, have you seen this before?!?!?!

02-20-2012, 12:53 AM   #199
VIPLINE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Well, since this is a public forum and u posted the photos, i guess i can speak out my opinions. No offense on everything below though.

Modding is to add characteristics and taste to ur car. U bought an European car, a BMW. U already wanted to be different from the JDM group. Now u put an Evo/Civic/Eclipse JDM style exhaust on ur BMW and wanted to be different from the other BMWs.

By putting that exhaust on ur BMW is the same as putting on a VTEC sticker.

If modding is only to be different from others by adding unnecessary pieces to ur car, then it's ricey.

It's like a dude wants to be different from the other dudes, so he walks around in women's high heel.

But whatever flows ur boat, i will respect that.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #200
TheStig
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alot of everything.

SICK!! I made a appointment to do this to my 135! a few days ago
-08 M3 DCT W/ Full Exhaust / Tune
-13 B8 Audi S4 APR Stage 2+
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 01:17 AM   #201
ERANG A LANG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 325i black/black

Haters gona hate! Saw it on a Evo wanted it sooo bad, now its on your car, i want it even more!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 03:17 AM   #202
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERANG A LANG View Post
Haters gona hate! Saw it on a Evo wanted it sooo bad, now its on your car, i want it even more!!!
Thanks ! its a good investment in my car personally, I get a lot of head turns and thumbs up for it lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
SICK!! I made a appointment to do this to my 135! a few days ago
Post pics and sound clips when you're done
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPLINE View Post
Well, since this is a public forum and u posted the photos, i guess i can speak out my opinions. No offense on everything below though.

Modding is to add characteristics and taste to ur car. U bought an European car, a BMW. U already wanted to be different from the JDM group. Now u put an Evo/Civic/Eclipse JDM style exhaust on ur BMW and wanted to be different from the other BMWs.

If modding is only to be different from others by adding unnecessary pieces to ur car, then it's ricey.

It's like a dude wants to be different from the other dudes, so he walks around in women's high heel.

But what makes adding a BOV from greddy or hks any different from what I did? Is it the look ? But I do respect your opinion and I agree a bit about the being different by adding a vtec sticker on the car. But why spend 2k on a race exhaust to sound the same when I could spend a fraction and have a totally different note without it sounding like a straight piped singlecam from honda. Personally I love it (id have to any way being that its my car) but at least its not like I added victory pipes or anything. And I'm not modding to be different and adding unnecessary items in my car, its a straight through exhaust just like a muffler glasspack and its less restrictions unlike traditional mufflers were you'd hear it in different tones. I didn't throw a honda badge on my car or vtec or LIFT sticker on my car so why are people hating so bad? (Not your comment personally) and the gatebil taxi has a muffler just like mine but no one seems to be saying anything about that ?
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #203
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Get used to it man. No LM's, no CCW's, no AR downpipes, wheels that fit the tires, etc., and you will be flamed. Oh the lovely world of E90post internet critics.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #204
bryce
Banned
Rep
Drives: zhp 3-pedal

Garage List
lol this is on a 328i though, right?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #205
DMafia46
Hates Posers
Rep
Drives: E46M3,335xi,Lambo,

Am I the only one who feels like this is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #206
DMafia46
Hates Posers
Rep
Drives: E46M3,335xi,Lambo,

i bet the drone is horrific
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #207
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMafia46 View Post
i bet the drone is horrific
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMafia46 View Post
Am I the only one who feels like this is wrong.
The drone is actually not that bad to be honest, and you're. Not the only one who thinks its wrong just look at the other 9 pages lol people are opionated on here but idc its my style and sound
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
lol this is on a 328i though, right?
Yes it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
Get used to it man. No LM's, no CCW's, no AR downpipes, wheels that fit the tires, etc., and you will be flamed. Oh the lovely world of E90post internet critics.
I know right lol I think LMs are played out though that's why I'm cool on them I don't wanna look like everyone else too! And the lovely world of e90post isn't as bad as the flammers on bimmerforums hahahaha
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #208
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Ya BF has all of the old fucktards along with these people. But its cool, LM's are beautiful and classic, I wouldn't rock them either though. I prefer outlandish color and such.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #209
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
Ya BF has all of the old fucktards along with these people. But its cool, LM's are beautiful and classic, I wouldn't rock them either though. I prefer outlandish color and such.
+1 to that lol like some fully polished rims with project kiks lug nuts and some aurora colored fasteners? and yes LMs are classics but i deem them as played out as 75% of people on here have them :/ but there's always an exception, like FLOSS has some really wide low offset LM reps and that would be one lol
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #210
Pe90X
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: xX AWD-BmmR Xx

awesome exhaust. i always wanted to hear a single on these vehicles good job bro. any more sound clips of the exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #211
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe90X View Post
awesome exhaust. i always wanted to hear a single on these vehicles good job bro. any more sound clips of the exhaust?
sadly no for right now that was all i'm able to do until the backroad near me is finished
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #212
TypicalCat
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

holy fak this thread is getting blown up. Have you been defending yourself for 10 pages? haha. sound clip is money man... i cant wait to see this thing in person!
      02-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #213
kamek
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [8.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPLINE View Post

Actually, you're wrong there. Modding is about adding PERSONAL taste to your own vehicle, making it individually yours.

Who ever said an exhaust is a necessary mod? Is it "ricey" that someone added a completely unnecessary and non-functional M3 trunk lip to the rear of their car?

And WTF kind of analogy are you giving us with the women's high heel thing? It's like you're saying that because we own BMWs, it's wrong for us to run Volks since they're JDM.

C'mon man...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #214
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalCat View Post
holy fak this thread is getting blown up. Have you been defending yourself for 10 pages? haha. sound clip is money man... i cant wait to see this thing in person!
Actually been defending myself for about half the time :/ and are you gonna come to the 562 meet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamek View Post
Actually, you're wrong there. Modding is about adding PERSONAL taste to your own vehicle, making it individually yours.

Who ever said an exhaust is a necessary mod? Is it "ricey" that someone added a completely unnecessary and non-functional M3 trunk lip to the rear of their car?

And WTF kind of analogy are you giving us with the women's high heel thing? It's like you're saying that because we own BMWs, it's wrong for us to run Volks since they're JDM.

C'mon man...
Exactly what you stated couldn't have said it better my self. That's sorta like adding different colored lights, it makes your car your style instead of being as everyone else and I don't care if there no major performance difference, its my note that sounds different in a crowd of bimmers
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #215
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Update ... I got a secondary cat delete i'll try to post up more sound clips and a pic or two more whenever i get the chance!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #216
acg35
Rep
Drives: E92

I like how it sounds.. wonder how it sounds on an N54?.. Where did you get the muffler?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #217
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by acg35 View Post
I like how it sounds.. wonder how it sounds on an N54?.. Where did you get the muffler?
I got my muffler off of craigslist and thank you I'm guessing it'd sound somewhere. In the supra to skyline sound lol
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 02:14 AM   #218
Hunter51092
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
I like it, just think it can be angled better..I saw your post you tried to but oh well Sounds Great tho
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #219
kirillbmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

I understand you want to be different and I can respect that but it does not fit the car, why wouldnt you just remove the mufflers, straight pipe from catback (delete resonator) it will sound the same if not way better not to mention cheaper mod to get than a muffler.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #220
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter51092 View Post
I like it, just think it can be angled better..I saw your post you tried to but oh well Sounds Great tho
I wish I could make it less angeled but the cost of it will make me not drive around anymore lol, maybe when I get a new CARB legal muffler, ill make sure its not this angled
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirillbmw View Post
I understand you want to be different and I can respect that but it does not fit the car, why wouldnt you just remove the mufflers, straight pipe from catback (delete resonator) it will sound the same if not way better not to mention cheaper mod to get than a muffler.
Well I thought of that s well, my car doesn't sound good to me with a muffler delete etc. It wasntloud enough and it sounded horrific on the freeway and long drives. If you saw it in person, it might chnge your mind though
Appreciate 0