E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Difficulty Starting + Other Issues

06-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Difficulty Starting + Other Issues

The past couple of days the starter has been acting up. When I push the button, I will hear a click sound from the starter, but the engine does not start. When I press it again, it usually starts. Today, I had to press the button three times before it started.

Yesterday while I was driving, I noticed what seemed to be the power flickering. This only happened a couple of times during my 40 min commute. One time the ABS light randomly came on for a couple of seconds and dissapeared. There are no codes or anything. It's like it never happened.

I feel like all of these things are related. Has anyone ran into these issues? I thought it might be the battery so I charged it last night. However, this morning, sure enough it did not start on the first try.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Are you getting a long crank when you go to start? If so it's the HPFP

If you're electricals are out of wack, it's possible that you have a bad electrical connection somewhere or your starter is dying
Appreciate 0