E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Coolant leak helppppp

06-19-2020, 04:55 PM   #1
connorc996
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i n54

Coolant leak helppppp

Hi all looking for some advice or if anyone has had the same problem , recently replaced the water pump and thermostat as my car was leaking a huge amount off coolant and turned out the pump was cracked everything was fine bled the system properly and was running perfect with no leaks etc now I’ve found that when the system is under pressure coolant sprays up in the engine bay so thought it was the expansion tank , change that today and problem still persists which is making me think it could be exhaust gasses over pressuring the cooling system and causing the pressure relief valve to open and let pressure out spraying the coolant , hoping this isn’t the case as this would most likely be the head if this is the problem I know head gaskets going on the n54/n55 are very rare didn’t know if anyone has had similar issue or could shed some light , any help would be appreciated
T.i.a
Appreciate 0