E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Code out Adaptive Headlights?

03-27-2019, 08:37 PM   #67
sheikh2
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 328i

I have a 2012 e93 bought it salvaged and the adaptive headlights don't work. I spent weeks studying and learning all the different ways to go about getting rid of the warning message. From replacing the module to using Carly to finally realizing NCS is the best bet. After so many failures and runarounds, I finally came across Mike's Easy install. Got it installed (FTDI drivers failed, but found later version that worked). I got K+D CAN cable. I could really use some help knocking this out of the park. I really have a feeling this won't take more than 20 minutes. Your time would be much appreciated.

What I have (done) so far: Cable, Com settings, Mike One Click Install for INPA/NCS, confirmed connection to car with INPA via VIN verify.

I know the steps for removing adaptive headlights is Load NCS->expert profile->Delete $524 from VO->FA Write to CAS->Sg_Codieren to Frm

Where I am stuck: don't know which profile to use, I only have NCS dummy and Default. + fear ( I am willing to Venmo gratitude for your time on skype/web/google hangout/teamviewer)

If we can code the Adaptive headlights out I would be grateful, if we could code other stuff like disclaimer message, seatbelt chime, etc I would be ecstatic.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 02:44 AM   #68
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikh2 View Post
I have a 2012 e93 bought it salvaged and the adaptive headlights don't work. I spent weeks studying and learning all the different ways to go about getting rid of the warning message. From replacing the module to using Carly to finally realizing NCS is the best bet. After so many failures and runarounds, I finally came across Mike's Easy install. Got it installed (FTDI drivers failed, but found later version that worked). I got K+D CAN cable. I could really use some help knocking this out of the park. I really have a feeling this won't take more than 20 minutes. Your time would be much appreciated.

What I have (done) so far: Cable, Com settings, Mike One Click Install for INPA/NCS, confirmed connection to car with INPA via VIN verify.

I know the steps for removing adaptive headlights is Load NCS->expert profile->Delete $524 from VO->FA Write to CAS->Sg_Codieren to Frm

Where I am stuck: don't know which profile to use, I only have NCS dummy and Default. + fear ( I am willing to Venmo gratitude for your time on skype/web/google hangout/teamviewer)

If we can code the Adaptive headlights out I would be grateful, if we could code other stuff like disclaimer message, seatbelt chime, etc I would be ecstatic.
Thanks
Download BMW Standard Tools from Bimmer Geeks website. Follow installation instructions and NCS will have a 'factory coding' profile. This is an expert mode profile and will default the module coding according to your cars VO. So once you remove 524 and the FRM won't know you have adaptive lights.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 05:05 PM   #69
sheikh2
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Download BMW Standard Tools from Bimmer Geeks website. Follow installation instructions and NCS will have a 'factory coding' profile. This is an expert mode profile and will default the module coding according to your cars VO. So once you remove 524 and the FRM won't know you have adaptive lights.
So I have NCS expert running (Dummy Profile), and I attached pictures. I deleted $524 from CAS via F2(Enter FA) but I dont see an option to FA Write or Sg_Codieren to FRM

https://doc-14-3s-docs.googleusercon...QLXXsb46uv3ONj

https://doc-0o-3s-docs.googleusercon...l3mlZUFvhF59Kg

Update: I noticed I was not hitting back after loading the ECU. I will follow this Youtuber's vid:

and give ya'll an update.

Last edited by sheikh2; 03-28-2019 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 08:18 PM   #70
sheikh2
Rep

ALright, So for the update after watching the dude's video. I brroke down his steps into these:
1. Launch NCS Expert
2. Load Profile (Expert or Factory Coding)
3. F1 -> automatically brings you to next page
4. F3 -> Window pops up to choose car model, then select ECU (CAS)
Car is then connected to NCS Xpert (Verify VIN)
5. F2 -> Choose Chassis again -> Verify VIN pop up -> Scroll till $524 and delete via keyboard stroke “delete” > OK
6. F6
7. F4 -> CAS > OK
8. F2 -> FA_Write OK OK
9. F3 -> Let it do it’s thing
10. F1 ->NFRM OK OK
11. Optional F2 -> FA_Write (it should already be set)
12. F3 (It should now be complete after a few seconds)

and after turning off the car and coming back 5 minutes later to check if the code was gone, the code $524 is gone, but i still have the AHL Warning as seen in this video.

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 12:56 AM   #71
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

So all you did was remove AHL from your VO string.

You now need to code your NFRM with the new VO.

As I said before. Use an expert or factory coding profile (no manipulation) and SG_CODEIREN instead of FA_WRITE. For NFRM only.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 10:30 PM   #72
sheikh2
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
So all you did was remove AHL from your VO string.

You now need to code your NFRM with the new VO.

As I said before. Use an expert or factory coding profile (no manipulation) and SG_CODEIREN instead of FA_WRITE. For NFRM only.
Wow, Thank you, I believe it worked!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 10:39 PM   #73
sheikh2
Rep

Here are my Updated steps that worked for me.

i used Mikes One click install + "FTDI" drivers you'll find them somewhere.. Used a k+dcan cable from eBay (china), and Windows 10

1. Launch NCS Expert
2. Load Profile (Expert or Factory Coding) if you don't see one, then just make one by clicking edit and youtubing NCS expert profile.
5. F2 -> Choose Chassis again -> Verify VIN pop up -> Scroll till $524 and delete via keyboard stroke “delete” > OK
6. F6
7. F4 -> CAS > OK
8. F2 -> FA_Write OK OK
10. F1 ->NFRM OK OK
(two steps i forgot)
13. F2 -> SG_CODEIREN (Make sure to have already selected NFRM from the large ECU list, it should already be selected from step 10 but just double check)
14. F3 -> Execute, lights will flash, wait till you see the words bright up black again on the buttons in NCSXpert before closing the computer..just for safety. restart your car and it should be good.

I hope this instruction will be a lot clearer for future investigators

Appreciate 2
      12-19-2019, 09:46 PM   #74
Ed7131
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

Help please How do i disable adaptive headlight light on my 2010 e90 using bimmercode
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 11:19 PM   #75
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed7131 View Post
Help please How do i disable adaptive headlight light on my 2010 e90 using bimmercode
Use ncs expert or protools, don't think bimmercode has that options to do so.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 09:39 AM   #76
NinjaB
Private
Rep
Drives: 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikh2 View Post
Here are my Updated steps that worked for me.

i used Mikes One click install + "FTDI" drivers you'll find them somewhere.. Used a k+dcan cable from eBay (china), and Windows 10

1. Launch NCS Expert
2. Load Profile (Expert or Factory Coding) if you don't see one, then just make one by clicking edit and youtubing NCS expert profile.
6. F6
7. F4 -> CAS > OK
8. F2 -> FA_Write OK OK
10. F1 ->NFRM OK OK
(two steps i forgot)
13. F2 -> SG_CODEIREN (Make sure to have already selected NFRM from the large ECU list, it should already be selected from step 10 but just double check)
14. F3 -> Execute, lights will flash, wait till you see the words bright up black again on the buttons in NCSXpert before closing the computer..just for safety. restart your car and it should be good.

I hope this instruction will be a lot clearer for future investigators

Thanks! Worked great for me 2006 325xi with broken adaptive modules. This was my first time coding so the exact steps really helped.

My vehicle had FRM instead of NFRM which I believe is just because mine is an older model, but substituting that it worked just fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 10:01 AM   #77
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekz View Post
Hey guys, just delete the $524 from CAS then when i go to NFRM and process get this error:

its an 135i 2008

Thanx
Did you change out your FRM at some point?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 08:50 AM   #78
kazbek1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

So I went from the adaptive xenons (worn out and not working correctly) to the cheap Ebay haogen headlights. Pretty much plug and play and everything works except the high beams. I can pull the stalk back or push forward and hold it and they'll illuminate but if I want to push it forward to keep them on, they turn off once I let go. Is this fixable through coding and possibly doing the similar steps above but focusing on high beams? Or is this more of a wiring issue?
Appreciate 0