E90Post
 


Extreme Powerhouse
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Question for members in the San Francisco Bay Area!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-11-2020, 06:49 PM   #1
AndyVan
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW E93
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Question for members in the San Francisco Bay Area!

Hi everyone! I have a 2007 E93 that has been slowly leaking oil for the past year. With the research I've done, I think I need to replace the oil pan gasket. I was wondering if anyone might be willing to let me borrow an engine support bar and the n51 tow hook to get the job done. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 06:56 PM   #2
uber
uber driver
95
Rep
642
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i E90
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (5)

Hey before you do that, try and see if a dealership will take a look at your car for the SULEV warranty. (150k, 15 years) on emissions related things. I was able to get my eccentric shaft sensor on my 328 and a valve cover gasket for my brother's car replaced for free.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 12:41 AM   #3
JakeinBerkeley
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: Bmw 328it
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Berkeley, CA

iTrader: (0)

I donít have a support bar, but I have a cherry picker you could use to support.

Let me know
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 07:43 PM   #4
AndyVan
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW E93
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber View Post
Hey before you do that, try and see if a dealership will take a look at your car for the SULEV warranty. (150k, 15 years) on emissions related things. I was able to get my eccentric shaft sensor on my 328 and a valve cover gasket for my brother's car replaced for free.
Hey, thanks for the response! Unfortunately my car is way past the mileage cutoff at 230k.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 08:40 PM   #5
213e90n51
Lieutenant
213e90n51's Avatar
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
148
Rep
480
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, Honda Civic Hat
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
2019 Honda Civic Ha ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyVan View Post
Hey, thanks for the response! Unfortunately my car is way past the mileage cutoff at 230k.
Woah you drove ur n51 for that long? I only heard of n52s getting to 300k+ but a n51 wow. What did you do to your if i may ask?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 12:33 AM   #6
AndyVan
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW E93
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213e90n51 View Post
Woah you drove ur n51 for that long? I only heard of n52s getting to 300k+ but a n51 wow. What did you do to your if i may ask?
I actually bought the car with 216k. I bought it as a fun weekend car for a good deal and have been doing all of the maintenance myself. As far as I know the car was purchased in California (Sacramento I think), which would mean it has the N51 engine. It's at 230k and is still running strong! *knocks on wood*

From the little bit of research I've done the N51 and N52 seem pretty similar. What would make the N52 last so much longer?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 11:44 AM   #7
213e90n51
Lieutenant
213e90n51's Avatar
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
148
Rep
480
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, Honda Civic Hat
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
2019 Honda Civic Ha ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyVan View Post
I actually bought the car with 216k. I bought it as a fun weekend car for a good deal and have been doing all of the maintenance myself. As far as I know the car was purchased in California (Sacramento I think), which would mean it has the N51 engine. It's at 230k and is still running strong! *knocks on wood*

From the little bit of research I've done the N51 and N52 seem pretty similar. What would make the N52 last so much longer?
Im guessing because less emissions stuff compared to the n51 but ive seen only one n51 with 400k miles compared to many n52s with similar on the way there.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 01:00 AM   #8
BU Z4
Captain
United_States
13
Rep
646
Posts

Drives: Big & Small
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber View Post
Hey before you do that, try and see if a dealership will take a look at your car for the SULEV warranty. (150k, 15 years) on emissions related things. I was able to get my eccentric shaft sensor on my 328 and a valve cover gasket for my brother's car replaced for free.
Please pm me the dealer's name, Thanks!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
diy, e90, e90 07, e93, e93 328i, n51, oil leak, oil pan, oil pan gasket, tow hook

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST