E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Think twice about Tunerstock

04-12-2017, 10:54 PM   #1
Shrike360
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3, 2011 Porsche CTT

Think twice about Tunerstock

I would like to share my experience of Tunerstock (formerly JGMods).

I have had to order an M-sport bumper cover from them twice (unfortunately). The first time I had no complaints, bumper fit well and quality was good enough. After a second incident, I didn’t hesitate to order another cover. Some parts were missing in the box this time, but they responded quickly to replace any parts that were missing.

The issue started with when I was supposed to pick up the car from the shop. I got a call from the shop that none of the grilles and mesh pieces fit the bumper, including the ones included with it. I asked them for a picture, and I found they had provided a pre-lci bumper. Since the bumper is similar to the LCI without a side-to-side comparison of the correct cover, and the pre-lci cover bolts right up, it was an easy mistake to make. At the point of discovery, the bumper was already drilled for PDC and painted.

I contacted Tunerstock to resolve the situation. They told me they would not have the correct cover for over a month, and would not be covering any costs to correct the mistake, placing the blame solely on the body shop. When I talked to them further, they told me they could provide a return address and RMA#, implying they would also not cover return shipping (though they did not say this explicitly).

By this point, I had put in a claim with PayPal and my credit card. By the time I got the replacement cover from ECS, PayPal had closed my dispute, so I could not continue the conversation through PayPal. I tried to reach out to them again through email, but they refused to talk through email, only the PayPal claim. This was unfortunately impossible, despite me trying to get PayPal to work with me. The company also does not respond to phone calls, whatsoever.

I didn’t care overly much at the time, as my credit card had refunded the payment. But they of course disputed the claim, and so I am now having to counter. So, they are still trying to get payment for incorrect bumper, and are not allowing any forum to discuss the return. At this point, they had cost $650 of work on the correct cover (which thankfully the body shop covered), and are more or less demanding that I pay the $240 in shipping to get my money back (despite not providing me return information).

I would high suggest that if you are looking at any of their products, to order from another vendor. If it goes wrong, they will not follow through with going above and beyond as they write on their site, and may cost you more than you anticipated.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 06:54 AM   #2
hz_diesel
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike360 View Post
I would like to share my experience of Tunerstock (formerly JGMods).

I have had to order an M-sport bumper cover from them twice (unfortunately). The first time I had no complaints, bumper fit well and quality was good enough. After a second incident, I didn’t hesitate to order another cover. Some parts were missing in the box this time, but they responded quickly to replace any parts that were missing.

The issue started with when I was supposed to pick up the car from the shop. I got a call from the shop that none of the grilles and mesh pieces fit the bumper, including the ones included with it. I asked them for a picture, and I found they had provided a pre-lci bumper. Since the bumper is similar to the LCI without a side-to-side comparison of the correct cover, and the pre-lci cover bolts right up, it was an easy mistake to make. At the point of discovery, the bumper was already drilled for PDC and painted.

I contacted Tunerstock to resolve the situation. They told me they would not have the correct cover for over a month, and would not be covering any costs to correct the mistake, placing the blame solely on the body shop. When I talked to them further, they told me they could provide a return address and RMA#, implying they would also not cover return shipping (though they did not say this explicitly).

By this point, I had put in a claim with PayPal and my credit card. By the time I got the replacement cover from ECS, PayPal had closed my dispute, so I could not continue the conversation through PayPal. I tried to reach out to them again through email, but they refused to talk through email, only the PayPal claim. This was unfortunately impossible, despite me trying to get PayPal to work with me. The company also does not respond to phone calls, whatsoever.

I didn’t care overly much at the time, as my credit card had refunded the payment. But they of course disputed the claim, and so I am now having to counter. So, they are still trying to get payment for incorrect bumper, and are not allowing any forum to discuss the return. At this point, they had cost $650 of work on the correct cover (which thankfully the body shop covered), and are more or less demanding that I pay the $240 in shipping to get my money back (despite not providing me return information).

I would high suggest that if you are looking at any of their products, to order from another vendor. If it goes wrong, they will not follow through with going above and beyond as they write on their site, and may cost you more than you anticipated.
Wow that is a bummer to hear, do you know who you were speaking with? TunerStock and EGMods were originally two separate businesses, I didn't have any issues working with Jay before they merged. Hopefully your headache ends soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
Shrike360
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hz_diesel View Post
Wow that is a bummer to hear, do you know who you were speaking with? TunerStock and EGMods were originally two separate businesses, I didn't have any issues working with Jay before they merged. Hopefully your headache ends soon.
I have been working with Jay. Like I mentioned, originally I had no issues with the company. But now that this issue occurred, I am disappointed with their response.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 04:18 PM   #4
ZeeVaughn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT SG/Coral

Hmm I've worked with Jay as well for my Tech setup.

I can see your frustration but #1 rule with aftermarket body parts is to test fit them BEFORE prep or paint, this way it would still be in the condition your received it in and maybe have a better shot to exchange it. Anyway, sorry for your frustration and hope you get it resolved the best you can.
      10-04-2017, 09:25 PM   #5
Shrike360
Lieutenant
Rep

An update I didn't expect I'd be making. It had ended with Tunerstock cutting off all communication. I was at least partially reimbursed by my CC company, so I decided it was no longer worth my time to pursue. I had also filed complaints with BBB, California DOJ and the Oregon DOJ, in an attempt to at least some communication out of them. They ignored all of them. Except today.

After 6 months of no communication, they finally responded back to the DOJ. They're now claiming that they think I was trying to run a scam on them. Luckily, I still have the bumper laying around, but the behavior is baffling.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 10:30 PM   #6
SeanCon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:
An update I didn't expect I'd be making. It had ended with Tunerstock cutting off all communication. I was at least partially reimbursed by my CC company, so I decided it was no longer worth my time to pursue. I had also filed complaints with BBB, California DOJ and the Oregon DOJ, in an attempt to at least some communication out of them. They ignored all of them. Except today.

After 6 months of no communication, they finally responded back to the DOJ. They're now claiming that they think I was trying to run a scam on them. Luckily, I still have the bumper laying around, but the behavior is baffling.
This is unbelievable... almost half a year long dispute with no conclusion? I will say I got some performance side skirts from them and fitment was perfect. Guess it's a hit or miss? Wish you the best of luck in getting back a full refund.
      10-09-2017, 10:42 AM   #7
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:

You're causing them so much trouble, they're probably wishing they had just replaced your bumper free of charge
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 07:33 AM   #8
bavarian77
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335D, 2009 E92 328i

Just stumble over this post and I am very intrigued by the seller's attitude. I talked to Jay last June via messenger when I was looking to buy a MTech rear bumper for my E90. He came across like a nice guy who was selling quality stuff. So I bought a rear bumper from him and had no issues. Communication was great also, always replying promptly to my questions. Rear bumper fitted well, no issues here. I am now looking to get another bumper for my wife's car and have attempted communication for the last moth or so. No reply back, also I can tell he reads my instant messages. I also attempted to call the number on the website, but it is disconnected.
So, at this point , after reading your post, I'm not very comfortable to just push the buy button anymore. Seems like there is something going on, he has not been active on FB for over 6months.
Anyway, thanks for sharing, it is definitely an eye opener.
Appreciate 1