E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > 2003 E39 520i Auto SE, ULEZ, 100k, 12 Months MOT, same owner for 13 years

10-04-2022, 06:55 AM   #1
Dirty Tool
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

2003 E39 520i Auto SE, ULEZ, 100k, 12 Months MOT, same owner for 13 years

Not the usual car to pop up here but selling my daily to my E92 M3:

E39 520i SE Auto
Production Date - 15-01-2003
Mileage – 100,500
Engine – M54
Colour – Titanium Silver
Interior – Stone Green Montana Leather
12 Months MOT

Spec -

S428 Warning triangle and first aid kit
S785 White direction indicator lights
S431 Interior mirror with automatic-dip
S441 Smoker package
S470 Isofix-System
S473 Armrest Front
S661 Radio BMW Business (C43)
S694 6 CD Changer
S508 Park Distance Control Front and Rear (Optional Extra)
S520 Fog Lights
S534 Climate Control
S202 Steptronic (Optional Extra)
S210 Dynamic Stability Control
S249 Multifunctional Steering Wheel with Cruise Control
S773 Fine Wood Trim

Selling my daily driver which a late E39 - Being a late car it is one of the few E39’s that is fully ULEZ compliant. The car was originally purchased by my father as an approved used car back in 2009, then passed onto my sister and then afterwards to myself, therefore has been in my family for the 13 years and has been a valued member of the family. Has stacks of service history and invoices but in the last year the car has had:

Inspection II service (only 3,500 miles ago)
New vapour barriers on the rear doors (common fault that affects all E39’s)
2 x new parking sensors (not body coloured as refused to pay BMW prices for pre-painted item. Was going to give to a bodyshop to paint them eventually)
New fuel pump (OEM)
New rear discs and pads (OEM) only 50 miles ago
New offside rear handbrake cable (genuine BMW item) only 50 miles ago
New battery
New Coil packs
New windscreen washer pump
New windscreen surround rubber
Polished headlights so the lenses look brand new again

The car drives great, temperature gauge right in the middle, starts first time every time and in typical M54 fashion is very smooth – can barely feel the engine idling at a standstill. The gearbox gear shifts are lovely and smooth and kick down is responsive. The climate control is ice cold. There is plenty of tread left on the Dunlop tyres, comes with 4 keys (2 remote control keys, 1 valet key, 1 emergency wallet key), full size spare wheel and the majority of the tool box complete.

Known issues are mainly cosmetic:

Lacquer peel on the bonnet and a small amount of surface rust
1 of the kidney grills is loose but doesn’t fall out
Rust on the inside the petrol filler cap (again affects all E39’s because there is no drainage path here)
Dents and scrapes typical with a car that is 19 year old and spent pretty much all its life in London however the majority of the bumps can easily be removed by a dent removal company
Wood trim has become loose inside on the passenger side
One of the rear light lenses is cracked but lights work fine and doesn’t leak water.
Only mechanical issue popped up last year when the “trifecta” lights of the ABS/Brake Pad/Traction Control illuminated. Was a suspected speed sensor fault and purchased a new OEM/Bosch item however the lights have not re-appeared. New wheel speed sensor will be included in the sale.

This car really is a great car to drive and whilst it is a cliché, they really do not make them like they used to. Whilst bottom of the pile in terms of engine and spec, it is a rare E39 in terms of it being ULEZ compliant and rust is limited to cosmetic only with rust free sills, arches and bootlid - It has been commented on the relative clean condition of the car underneath. The car is ready to go for another 12 months with new brakes at the rear, good brakes at the front, good tyres all round and 4 service lights still illuminated. The car gets more comments than my M3, with people coming up to the car saying how the E39 was the best platform by BMW, bringing back memories of their dad having one e.t.c e.tc

As mentioned it is a valued member of the family and will be very sad to see it go.

Price - £2250
Location - London

Pics are attached. Can send many more.
Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0