E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Park Ave BMW in Maywood, NJ redefines "stealership"

01-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
u5er
Private
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

Park Ave BMW in Maywood, NJ redefines "stealership"

Scheduled 2 weeks ago to have the rear cup holders fixed, and requested for a loaner car. So this morning, I dropped off my car. The advisor was nice enough and told me he'd give me a call as soon as the thing is fixed. I also asked to have them check the Neutral Idle Control. Got a Ford Fusion as loaner. No biggie. Never heard back from anyone (how long can it take to fix a cup holder anyways?) At 5:30pm, I decided to call and get the status. SA gives me the "I was just about to call you" BS and said my car was ready. We get there at 6:30pm, then waited for them to "locate" my car. Shortly after 7pm, I was informed that my car is at their other location (and no one there knew this or could figure it out for over 30 min?) So they went and got my car from their other location. By the time we finally got the car, it was 2 min before closing time and we were already running late for dinner with friends.

Here comes the good part. When we finished dinner, I got in the back seats to check the rear cup holders. Surprise! It doesn't come out. I tried numerous times. Even had my gf try it. No luck. I checked the work order they gave me. On top of the cup holder (which they didn't fix), they also claimed to have performed oil service and standard scope, which I didn't ask for. Now, if they didn't even fix what I asked and brought the car in for, how do I even trust that they did the other things?

Who can I report this to? I want to make sure these guys don't get a dime for what they didn't do.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Mk23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92

Garage List
2009 335i Coupe  [0.00]
You can report it to the BBB and BMWNA, file a complaint with both.
      01-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #3
doggiedog
Captain
Japan
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i 6MT SG/BL

I believe it.

I posted a thread on them here a few weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

My suggestion is to contact Dave Bergamotto. He's the Service Director. 201-843-4999 x222

And technically its not really a valid statement to label "stealership" considering they didn't rip you off or, in essence, "steal" anything from you. With the exception of your time.

Call Dave, he'll make it better.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #5
u5er
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCouture View Post
And technically its not really a valid statement to label "stealership" considering they didn't rip you off or, in essence, "steal" anything from you. With the exception of your time.
Never claimed they stole from me personally, but they're stealing from someone by claiming they did something when they did NOT. That's unless Park Ave BMW does free services w/o billing anyone, not even BMWNA.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Take a pill then call the SA and at least give him a chance to make good out of it. I know you don't really want to drive around with broken rear cup holders but before you go and make a federal case out of it, let them know that it's not fixed.
      01-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
Take a pill then call the SA and at least give him a chance to make good out of it. I know you don't really want to drive around with broken rear cup holders but before you go and make a federal case out of it, let them know that it's not fixed.
for real
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #8
u5er
Private
Rep

Quote:
If you read what I said, it's not about the cup holder. If they said they fixed it but didn't, what else do they say they do but don't? Would you bring your car to a service center for an oil change, not knowing if they"ll actually do it? What about getting your brakes fixed there?

I understand that AutoCouture, as an employee there, has a personal interest to want to play it off like it's nothing, and maybe you do too. I just want let people know that if they get work done at Park Ave BMW, they better make sure the work is actually done.

And I called the SA to see if anything was taken care of. Only after I asked specially, "so the cup holder is fixed?" does he tell me, "oh, we didn't fix it. We didn't have the part so we had to orde it. I didn't say anything because we don't know when the part will get here."
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #9
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by u5er View Post
If you read what I said, it's not about the cup holder. If they said they fixed it but didn't, what else do they say they do but don't? Would you bring your car to a service center for an oil change, not knowing if they"ll actually do it? What about getting your brakes fixed there?

I understand that AutoCouture, as an employee there, has a personal interest to want to play it off like it's nothing, and maybe you do too. I just want let people know that if they get work done at Park Ave BMW, they better make sure the work is actually done.

And I called the SA to see if anything was taken care of. Only after I asked specially, "so the cup holder is fixed?" does he tell me, "oh, we didn't fix it. We didn't have the part so we had to orde it. I didn't say anything because we don't know when the part will get here."
I understood what your major problem was and I still think you're making a big drama out of nothing (and unlike Autoculture, I do not work there and am unbiased)

Auto dealerships and people mess up once in a while and I was just saying to give them a chance to make it right before you contacted everybody under the sun to make a federal case out of it.

You'll get a lot more out of any dealership by being decent about minor screw-ups than you will when you're known as the asshole that contacted the service director, BMWNA, BBB and pretty much called them thiefs by accusing them or ripping off BMW because they didn't fix your rear cup holders right the first time.
      01-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #10
u5er
Private
Rep

Quote:
I understood what your major problem was and I still think you're making a big drama out of nothing (and unlike Autoculture, I do not work there and am unbiased)

Auto dealerships and people mess up once in a while and I was just saying to give them a chance to make it right before you contacted everybody under the sun to make a federal case out of it.

You'll get a lot more out of any dealership by being decent about minor screw-ups than you will when you're known as the asshole that contacted the service director, BMWNA, BBB and pretty much called them thiefs by accusing them or ripping off BMW because they didn't fix your rear cup holders right the first time.
I understand what you're saying. But there's a difference between not doing it right and not doing it at all. Had they simply messed up and installed the thing upside down or whatever, that's a trip back to the service center to let them fix their mistake. Even if they didn't fix it and just told me "sorry, we couldn't do it for whatever reason," that's would've been better too. But doing absolutely nothing AND not even saying a word about it, that's something else entirely. I had to call back and ask "is there something you want to tell me about the cup holder that you fixed?" to get a straight answer. The fact that the car wasn't even at the service center when I went to pick it up should've triggered an alarm, but I was stupid. Thankfully it's just a cup holder. The thing's been broken since we bought the car CPO from Park Ave a month ago. But what about the oil change that was supposedly done? How do I verify that? And what if I, or someone else, had a more serious issue that needed to be fixed?

I'm not saying it was AutoCouture who was personally responsible. That's why when someone asked for dealer recommendation in the NY/NJ/PA subforum, I didn't go in there and crap on his reputation.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 04:28 AM   #11
hanmaas
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
That's what I would do too. Give them one more chance to fix things, mess-ups do occur.
If nothing changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk335i View Post
You can report it to the BBB and BMWNA, file a complaint with both.
From my experience, sometimes that's the only language they understand.
      02-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #12
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
+10000000000000000000000000000

I am sure you have made mistakes at work. Next time you do maybe someone whould call the BBB and report you.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0