E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Blade Motor Group - The Worst & Most Dishonest VW Dealer Ever

Closed Thread

09-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #23
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfs6 View Post
it's for real. Biscuits paid a refundable deposit on a Touareg I think and they won't refund his deposit.
Blade Motor Group... bunch of Touareg's

I had a similar problem with a Scottish BMW dealer when I put a deposit on an M3. I changed my mind 3days later and knew I was entitled to a refund under the distance selling rules - I think you have something like 7days to change your mind. Dealer wasn't happy, but did get my refund as they 'decided to make an exception' in my case,... as if they were doing me a favour in giving me my money back that I was entitled to, go figure...
      09-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #24
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, EQC, X5 40d, simrig

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dar2008 View Post
Blade Motor Group... bunch of Touareg's

I had a similar problem with a Scottish BMW dealer when I put a deposit on an M3. I changed my mind 3days later and knew I was entitled to a refund under the distance selling rules - I think you have something like 7days to change your mind. Dealer wasn't happy, but did get my refund as they 'decided to make an exception' in my case,... as if they were doing me a favour in giving me my money back that I was entitled to, go figure...
I clearly notified them within 7 days, but they still refuse to accept refunding me.

The dealer that has behaved so badly is BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails. Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000. Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters.

Personally I will not be buying any VW models until Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW or any of their franchised showrooms selling Subaru, Alfa, Isuzu, Honda and Audi.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #25
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
I clearly notified them within 7 days, but they still refuse to accept refunding me.

The dealer that has behaved so badly is BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails. Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000. Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters.

Personally I will not be buying any VW models until Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW or any of their franchised showrooms selling Subaru, Alfa, Isuzu, Honda and Audi.
In that case, you're definitely in the right, and however much they don't want to, they'll have to refund your deposit. I bet the Blade Terms and Conditions even mention the distance selling laws specifically.

Totally unacceptable.
      09-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #26
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post

That's a very small font Paul, so as everyone can read it properly, I've made it more distinguishable:

BLADE MOTOR GROUP: http://www.bladegroup.co.uk/four-wheels
their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen.
Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails.
Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000.
Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters.

Personally I will not be buying any VW models from BLADE MOTOR GROUP: http://www.bladegroup.co.uk/four-wheels,
Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW or any of their franchised showrooms selling Subaru, Alfa, Isuzu, Honda and Audi.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #27
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 SSll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw330dconv View Post
I am lost reading this thread, why are things repeated???

If the OP is of the same train of thought as me, then he is doing this to get this thread as high as possible on Google. I recently had an appalling service from a valet parking company who looked after my car while on Holiday. The car got trashed and they denied any responsibility.

I posted my thoughts on e90post along with the guys company name and details. It got a lot of response from the good folk on here and a by product of that was every time you entered this guys company in Google that particular thread was always in the top 3 listings and thus the guy never got anymore work and his compound closed the full sha-bang. I guess biscuits is looking for a similar result (maybe not for the company to close down).

E90post is a very powerful tool.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #28
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
I guess biscuits is looking for a similar result (maybe not for the company to close down).
bag of sand in his bin is all he wants

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #29
CraigUK
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 LCI 520D Sport Tourer

MB London, I do believe that you have the idea. You forgot to mention that you won't be using>>>

BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails. Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000. Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters.

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #30
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
If the OP is of the same train of thought as me, then he is doing this to get this thread as high as possible on Google. I recently had an appalling service from a valet parking company who looked after my car while on Holiday. The car got trashed and they denied any responsibility.

I posted my thoughts on e90post along with the guys company name and details. It got a lot of response from the good folk on here and a by product of that was every time you entered this guys company in Google that particular thread was always in the top 3 listings and thus the guy never got anymore work and his compound closed the full sha-bang. I guess biscuits is looking for a similar result (maybe not for the company to close down).

E90post is a very powerful tool.

Damm, forgot to mention -

BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails. Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000. Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters.

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #31
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
bag of sand in his bin is all he wants
In the end, I told the guy from the valet company that I would except £100 as settlement, this would go toward my insurance excess (£350). He never even did this, so I was happy that he got it totally up the arse.
Trust me, if OP doesn’t get his dough and ends up chasing for months and months, I bet he would happily see those fuc*ers go down
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #32
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
In the end, I told the guy from the valet company that I would except £100 as settlement, this would go toward my insurance excess (£350). He never even did this, so I was happy that he got it totally up the arse.
Trust me, if OP doesn’t get his dough and ends up chasing for months and months, I bet he would happily see those fuc*ers go down
I'd agree, but I cant imagine a grand would take such a big group down, they probably do that on lunch for the head honcho's (leeches!)

Oh and:

Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails.
Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000.
Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters.

Personally I will not be buying any VW models from BLADE MOTOR GROUP: http://www.bladegroup.co.uk/four-wheels,
Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW or any of their franchised showrooms selling Subaru, Alfa, Isuzu, Honda and Audi.

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #33
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
I spotted a VAG dealer on the internet - they were:

But then I read that their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months someone has tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails.

Not an impressive VAG dealership at all

(Bet they wished they had paid the deposit back now!! - It will cost more than a grand in advertising trying to win back plenty of potential lost customer )
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #34
Snooky
Major
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback Carbon Blac

Paul, really hope you get it sorted matey. Its just as easy to give a good dealer experience - don't they realise that?

I'll not be going to this mob:

09-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #35
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]

good....name and shame those bastards.....on every forum!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #36
Trevikins
Retired
England
Rep
Drives: G20 320i M Sport

For what it's worth, Trading Standards would probably also point out that the sale was based on the need to see the car and complete a regulated consumer credit agreement, which would only become ‘executed’ when signed by the debtor and creditor. On the assumption that you had not signed anything you are entitled to withdraw from the prospective agreement under section 57 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Under Section 57 your notice to withdraw from the sale cancelled the credit agreement which means that any linked transaction to buy the car should be treated in the same way as a cancellable agreement i.e. you are entitled to a refund of your deposit.

Cheers

Trev

Last edited by Trevikins; 09-05-2009 at 02:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #37
trixman
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A Rental

Garage List
2007 BMW E92 335d  [0.00]
2003 M3 CSL  [0.00]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Oh dear, here we go again!! lmao.

5th down in google! Have yet to check out their site so will refrain from adding any more (in case it makes it worse!)... but still, disgusting behaviour!...

(have to say though, very surprised e90 let us get away with this... I'm sure they must have had some cease and desist letters by now, and if they have and ignored them, well done you guys!)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 02:30 AM   #38
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep

I spend a small fortune every year optimising my companies website, and to be perfectly honest it will make no difference (with regards to its Google ranking) how any times the OP paragraph is copied. What affects the ranking is how many time the thread is clicked on - period
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 03:33 AM   #39
trixman
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A Rental

Garage List
2007 BMW E92 335d  [0.00]
2003 M3 CSL  [0.00]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
I spend a small fortune every year optimising my companies website, and to be perfectly honest it will make no difference (with regards to its Google ranking) how any times the OP paragraph is copied. What affects the ranking is how many time the thread is clicked on - period
I beg to differ, as I do it for a living, but then again it is a bit of a black art, but in pretty much everything I've come across Google will penalise you for what it thinks is repetitious attempts to increase results... But it may be at a % of the actual size of the site etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 04:31 AM   #40
PeteJ
Diesel Head
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Convertible E93

3rd now!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 05:04 AM   #41
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
I was consider BLADE MOTOR GROUP as a dealer to purchase my daughter an Audi or a VW a Honda or perhaps a Seat you can find them here:

But then I read that their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months someone has tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails. I definately won't be going to these guys.

Regards,
Neil.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 05:08 AM   #42
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
lets organise an E90post meet at BLADE MOTOR GROUP, a VW Audi and Honda dealer who would not refund a holding deposit for over three months which is against their own terms and conditions. We can camp out and cause chaos round their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen.

LIGHT THE TORCHES!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 05:24 AM   #43
Dave_3
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G22 M440D

Garage List
Quote:
Nope, that's wrong. It is a bit more complex than that.

There are many ways to optimise your website (SEO). From actual domain name, relevancy of text to general topic/theme of website, length of existence, rate of change of content and who you link to. A real biggy is being linked to from another related website that itself has a high Google ranking and is relevant to your topic.

I have managed to position quite a few websites highly in Google (one proved very worthwhile with my dispute with Jaguar). Biggest advantage I had was others having no idea how to approach it.

Hamfisted attempts actually penalise you.

Keep at it Biscuits, you just need to make them think repaying you is quicker and less hassle than blocking you. Persisitently make them take time to respond to you. Each time they have to respond costs them time and money.

D.

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 06:18 AM   #44
webby318dEMS
Spider powered!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 318d Edition M Sport saloon

I am just about to take delivery of a Golf GTi, but when it needs servicing, I won't be taking it to
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteJ View Post

3rd now!