E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth and USB problem

01-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
DieSharing
Rep
Drives: E92 320d M-Sport

Question Bluetooth and USB problem

Hi Guys, I've just recently picked up my 2007 e92 320d and I have to say I absolutely love it, its a great machine and I'm looking forward to a long and beautiful relationship with it!

I've got a couple of questions on two of the extras that were fitted to the car and I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light on them - I plan to bring the car to a dealer if I can't sort them out myself.

The two extras are Bluetooth Integration and the 6FL USB options.

The head unit (non-idrive) above both the "TEL" and the "USB" options show two dashes, like -- above the buttons, pretty much in the same way as the CD player does when you don't have a CD inserted.

I've tried two different usb keys and an ipod in the USB slot in the arm-rest and i still don't get anything in the option under audio - in other words I can't get past the USB icon.

I wondering is the power not going to the USB port? although the cooler does work when you turn it on.

Likewise with the phone option it just shows two dashes above "TEL" not a phone symbol. i can't even get into the menus to pair a phone etc.

anyone know whats up?

Thanks,

Mick.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
DieSharing
Rep

So I brought it into a dealer today and the mechanic after doing a battery restart checked the fibre-optic output in behind the glove-box. He told me that it should show a light if the system is communicating correctly and mine wasn't.

This would explain why any component that is controlled by the head-unit but is remotely installed elsewhere in the car (Bluetooth and USB in my case) was un-responsive. He reckons something is up with the head-unit itself

Its booked in for next Wednesday so I'll update then.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 04:46 AM   #3
DieSharing
Rep

So they've decided to replace the phone control unit - have to wait until the part is delivered, should be in early this week.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 05:53 AM   #4
DieSharing
Rep

Got the bluetooth phone controller unit replaced last week and it did the job.

So if anyone sees similar problems with either your USB or your Phone showing up as "--" on the head-unit then you might need a similar replacement
Appreciate 0