E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Auto transmission problem 4F81 330i

05-21-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
janpavlik
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320i

Unhappy Auto transmission problem 4F81 330i

Hello everyone,

I have a big problem with my auto transmission ZF 6HP19 on my 330i (RWD). I got code 4F81 and the torque convertor clutch won't open (found in INPA) and oil pump does not drain the oil from pan. Simply if I shift D or R it does not drive and goes to limp mode.

This happened accidentaly without any problems before it. I simply drove and then transmission went to limp mode and engine only revs if I press gas pedal.

I have found that main pressure solenoid on mechatronic (black one) was dead (no ohms) so I have changed him, checked fuse for transmission on passenger side, changed oil but no difference.

Wiring seems to be ok, no leaks anywhere.

I have tried to replace basic ZF seal kit for mechatronic, changed mechatronic valve body but no change.

Strange thing is that the oil pump does not drain oil from pan and even after few mins of reving and shifting there was still the same amount of oil.

I have also deleted adaptions in ISTA, relearned a recalibrated mechatronic. At this moment I have no idea what could be wrong. There were no big metal chips in old oil, only common debris.

I have changed the battery, checked grounding at transmission and it seems to be fine. Brake switch is working.

ECU knows which gear I shift (INPA) but when I press gas pedal it goes to limp mode.

Please does anyone have any idea what could cause this?
Thanks for any advice
Appreciate 0