E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > BMW E92 330i N52 - Small DISA Query

05-30-2020, 12:01 PM   #1
hmmmkoi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330i (N52) 6MT

BMW E92 330i N52 - Small DISA Query

Looking for some help regarding the Small DISA on the 3 Stage Intake Manifold found in the N52 330i 2007 (40k miles).

My car started having a small stutter on cold startup. The revs would jump whilst sitting still but only for a short period of time. Whilst driving I didn’t notice any significant drop in power. After researching I thought it could be the eccentric shaft sensor so decided to replace it because the connector had a small amount of oil in it. I also did the valve cover gasket at the same time. Following further research I thought I would inspect the DISA valves to check they were in good condition and that they were not the cause of my problems. So I pulled the intake manifold and released the large and small DISA’s.
The large DISA was rigid with no play so I believe that it is still fit for purpose.
I pulled the small DISA and also found it to be rigid with no signs of wear.

Should the small DISA also be rigid?!

I have hunted high and low on forums and YouTube videos and cannot find any mention of what a small DISA should be like.

Can anyone advise?

Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0