E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Airbag Errors after Update

05-19-2020, 06:22 PM   #1
CentralTower
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Airbag Errors after Update

SOLVED: See post #8
Hello, I updated my MRS module after it hadn't been updated since 2009 using WinkFP and everything went perfectly.

Now after the update was completed i have 14 faults:

93D6
93BA
93BB
93AB
93B3
93AC
93AD
93B0
93B1
93AE
93AF
93C8
93C9
93D2
Every time i clear these codes using INPA or ISTA they reappear immediately.

There was no prior issue with the airbags before this but there was an update so i figured why not.

Using NCSEXPERT i tried to default the module using SG_CODERIEN but it errors out giving me this:

2060 PABD/CABD A_PL2MRS.IPS Cod 107
- Codierung fehlerhaft (allgemein) MRS5, C_C_AUFTRAG: ERROR_ECU_REQUEST_OUT_OF_RANGE

2060 ERROR COAPI2.CPP coapiRunCabd 6
- Codierung fehlerhaft (allgemein) SG_Codieren

I also seen that the MRS5 module needs to have system time reset or something in Tool32?

Im at a loss on what to do from here, I can get any information needed. Im not super proficient in these programs but can follow along with mostly anything. Or maybe a T.V. session would be easier?

2009 BMW 335i

Last edited by CentralTower; 05-24-2020 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 09:17 PM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralTower View Post
Hello, I updated my MRS module after it hadn't been updated since 2009 using WinkFP and everything went perfectly.

Now after the update was completed i have 14 faults all starting with module saying "not locked" 93D6. Every time i clear these codes using INPA or ISTA they reappear immediately.

There was no prior issue with the airbags before this but there was an update so i figured why not.

Through my researched ive seen people resetting the ABG module in NCSEXPERT but when i try to execute job of SG_Codeiren it errors out with

COAPI-2060, CABD C_C_AUFTRAG

I also seen that the MRS5 module needs to have system time reset or something in Tool32?

Im at a loss on what to do from here, I can get any information needed.

2009 BMW 335i
Go to device manager and ports and make sure cable is com port 1 and latency 1. Then try to Sg_codieren ABG module
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 09:20 PM   #3
CentralTower
Rep

I updated my post, I just checked and it did the same error.

Just yesterday i retrofitted a Combox and all coding went perfectly, including the whole update process for the MRS5 module went perfect until the errors popped after completion.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 03:17 PM   #4
CentralTower
Rep

Using ISTA - D to give an overview of what my codes were. Then tried to resolve the 93d6 code and it gave me Module not locked, re encode.

I have no idea how to re encode the module or lock it.

I also have all the latest Datens and Bimmergeeks install programs.

I'm getting ISTA P atm, my last idea maybe it can fix this.

edit: My picures are flipped and huge lol, idk why
Attached Images

Last edited by CentralTower; 05-20-2020 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 11:44 PM   #5
CentralTower
Rep

Update: Ive made no progress, installed ISTA-P and it didnt see anything wrong with the module. I also didnt see anything under locking the module either.

My next move is to go to the dealer and see what they think about this as i dont have any indy near me. They are probably going to say and replace the module.

Im just confused on why the programs can easily see and read the module but after updating thats when i get fault codes after(i had 0 faults before).

Ive included my FSW_PSW.trc file of my MRS5 module to see if anyone can make anything from it or if something looks wrong.

Any chance I could get someones default file to write to my module since my NCS Expert errors out trying to default? Would that work?

I couldnt find anything on how to lock the MRS5 module, i was reading and directed toward using tool32 but i couldnt find any action for that.

Im out of ideas on what could be wrong or any way to proceed from this point, thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FSW_PSW.zip (789 Bytes, 88 views)
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #6
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Update: Ive made no progress, installed ISTA-P and it didnt see anything wrong with the module. I also didnt see anything under locking the module either.

My next move is to go to the dealer and see what they think about this as i dont have any indy near me. They are probably going to say and replace the module.

Im just confused on why the programs can easily see and read the module but after updating thats when i get fault codes after(i had 0 faults before).

Ive included my FSW_PSW.trc file of my MRS5 module to see if anyone can make anything from it or if something looks wrong.

Any chance I could get someones default file to write to my module since my NCS Expert errors out trying to default? Would that work?

I couldnt find anything on how to lock the MRS5 module, i was reading and directed toward using tool32 but i couldnt find any action for that.

Im out of ideas on what could be wrong or any way to proceed from this point, thank you.
You're probably not encoding the module correctly. When you update software on a module you must code it after, if it is not coded you'll see the errors you're seeing currently. For some reason there's an issue with either your software or the way you're trying to code the module which is not allowing it to properly be coded to remove the errors. Don't take it to the dealer they're gonna charge you at least $200 for diagnosis and another $200 for programming. You can get this sorted out remotely by one of the sponsored vendors here. Look for Alex alpine or Joe at topgearsolutions
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 03:01 PM   #7
CentralTower
Rep

Yea your probably right on not going to the dealer for this.

I'm pretty sure ive been doing the recoding process correctly.

Steps ive been using to try and default my MRS5 module using NCS EXPERT:

1: load Factory Coding profile
2: Start
3: Chassis - E89
4: Choose - CAS
5: Choose ECU - ABG
6: Change job - SG_Codieren
7: Execute Job

I always get these two codes only when defaulting this module:

2060 PABD/CABD A_PL2MRS.IPS Cod 107
- Codierung fehlerhaft (allgemein) MRS5, C_C_AUFTRAG: ERROR_ECU_REQUEST_OUT_OF_RANGE

2060 ERROR COAPI2.CPP coapiRunCabd 6
- Codierung fehlerhaft (allgemein) SG_Codieren

I defaulted my JBBF module and it works no errors so its only on this.

Here is my Updated UIF from after my update on the MRS5 module, also here is the ncsexpert error screen.

EDIT: Just before these screenshots I reinstalled my Bimmergeeks standard tools and reinstalled the v67.1 Datens using Coding Tool for the E89.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 02:39 PM   #8
CentralTower
Rep

SOLVED: Oceandiver89 on bimmerfest solved my issue perfectly.

I retrofitted a Combox awhile back and during that I changed my production date, well defaulting the ABG module wasn't working because it was different. He got me my original backup that I mistakenly didn't have and defaulting the module went perfectly using it.

Defaulting using NCS_EXPERT cleared all codes and locked the module.

The above steps of defaulting the module in NCS_Expert is correct it was just my mishap of not using my original files.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 01:54 AM   #9
JimThot
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Quote:

I retrofitted a Combox awhile back and during that I changed my production date, well defaulting the ABG module wasn't working because it was different. He got me my original backup that I mistakenly didn't have and defaulting the module went perfectly using it.

The above steps of defaulting the module in NCS_Expert is correct it was just my mishap of not using my original files.
would this work if i coded a frm2 module and then the airbag fault 93D2 came up?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2023, 05:16 PM   #10
Alexvier
Private
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red 325i M sport

Quote:

Where do you find the default files for your car?

08-08-2023, 05:50 AM   #11
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

The default coding that comes with your car is stored in the CAS and FRM modules.
The options selected are the VO options.
If you change the VO you change the default options.
Default Coding returns the modules you coded to the ones described by the VO
(if you haven't changed the VO)

To find out what options your car currently has in the VO use mdecoder.com
Appreciate 0