E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > "Sport mode" button DCT Request

05-25-2020, 06:58 AM   #1
xom1kadze
Registered
Kazakhstan
Rep
Drives: e92 335i '07 (pre-LCI)

Exclamation "Sport mode" button DCT Request

Hello,
I'm the owner of 2007 e92 335i with Alpina flash.

Trying to find the way how to plugin and enable the "sport mode" button from DCT and Driving Dynamics Control (DDC) option on the auto gearbox.

Found so far followings:
• Presents on e92 with DCT
• Presents on e60, e70, etc with adaptive suspension
• Works for suspension, active steering and throttle response

• There is the DIY for pre-LCI e60 by link. That I've been performed on my previous e60
• There is wiring schema from DCT swap by link

From all this info I got that the "sport mode" button is capable of the N54 engine, it affects not only suspension but steering and throttle. Wiring and blocks are not the same with pre-LCI e60.
Could someone who had more advanced knowledge of this topic or maybe had e92 DCT and this button, explain how and where this one is connected. With a comparison of my e60, I hope that it would be nice, kind of "original" and low-cost sprint booster modification that could give new emotions to many e92 owners.

Thanks

Last edited by xom1kadze; 05-26-2020 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Real quickly, the sport button for a non M dct has no suspension or steering function. The suspension and steering aren't adjustable as it relates to a E9x. The sport button interacts with the DME and the TCU of the DCT car. Long story short, applying any function of the DCT to a steptronic won't work.
      05-25-2020, 05:03 PM   #3
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
Real quickly, the sport button for a non M dct has no suspension or steering function. The suspension and steering aren't adjustable as it relates to a E9x. The sport button interacts with the DME and the TCU of the DCT car. Long story short, applying any function of the DCT to a steptronic won't work.
The ZF trans has the built in sport mode programming, along with the DME. Adding the switch and coding should provide access to those maps and features.

Of course no suspension or steering features.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 02:59 PM   #4
xom1kadze
Registered
Kazakhstan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
I might be wrong, but the throttle response with active steering does not get any commands from TCU of DCT. As far as this mode is offered in various models, that should be already present in E9x also.
The same case with pre-LCI e6x. Sport mode available on e63, but not on e60. However, it still worked great after plugging
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 03:02 PM   #5
xom1kadze
Registered
Kazakhstan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
The ZF trans has the built in sport mode programming, along with the DME. Adding the switch and coding should provide access to those maps and features.

Me too, so the main question is getting the tip from DCT owners on how in their case that one is plugged. Then try, if nothing happens - take a look for program activation of that feature

Hoping @LMB335IS as DCT owner might help with that plugin description

Last edited by xom1kadze; 05-26-2020 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 04:07 PM   #6
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xom1kadze View Post
Quote:

Me too, so the main question is getting the tip from DCT owners on how in their case that one is plugged. Then try, if nothing happens - take a look for program activation of that feature

Hoping @LMB335IS as DCT owner might help with that plugin description
I thought the sport mode switch was wired to the DME and the DME sent the Mode signal to the other modules via can bus.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 07:39 PM   #7
xom1kadze
Registered
Kazakhstan
Rep

Quote:
I thought the sport mode switch was wired to the DME and the DME sent the Mode signal to the other modules via can bus.
Yep, this is plugged in X6021 and X6031 of the DME, on the right side under the hood.

Here is full instruction of man from Rusia who performed swap to DCT. https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22016

Everything is pretty clear, but it far beyond my comprehension
Therefore it just a question of someone versed in wiring, to take a look and describe by simple words
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 04:06 AM   #8
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

The DCT has multiple configurable modes for shift point and speed and it's the same for the 6AT and 8AT that come with the Z4.

In the Z4 you have a D/S mode which is purely a gearbox setting that raises shift points and increases shift speeds then you have the three driving modes, Normal/Sport/Sport+ which influence the suspension damping rate, steering weight, alter the traction and stability control, activate the sport DME maps for throttle and burble etc and further increase the shift point and shift speed of the transmission.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 08:07 AM   #9
Terraphantm
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe

Quote:
That was only true of early generation cars (E85 Z4). On the newer ones, the DME look and all the other modules for the sport status on the CAN-bus. Which is sent by the GWS module IIRC.
Appreciate 0