E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Plastic wire harness tube

12-02-2017, 06:25 AM   #1
chronodeco
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Plastic wire harness tube

I had to remove my engine cover a couple of days ago and broke the plastic wire harness tube attachment clips that attach to the lip of the firewall extension above the cover. Its about 50mm long and 2mm OD. Does anyone have a part number and where I can buy one. Using tie wraps to hold it in place is an unacceptable solution! 2011 335d. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 08:08 AM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I'm not exactly familiar with the engine bay of the 335d, but I am in general with the E90. In fact this morning at 7 AM EST I was taking the cowling apart (it's actually called the cabin air filter lower). LOL

Anyway, I've attached some pics from realOEM.com for you to review. I put in a 2011 335d to see if I can find the part you are looking for, but again I'm not sure what cables in the 335d hang from the bottom of the cabin air filter Lower (tray). The diesel could be different than the gas E90. Not sure if you are familiar with realoem.com, but it is a website that publishes the BMW TIS for BMW parts. Enter the last 7 digits of you VIN and the site takes you to the parts diagrams for your car. The cable support coverings are under "Engine Electrical. The left pic is a 335d and items 1 and 2 maybe what you are looking for. The right pic is a 325i (my car) and item 12 is the cable tray that holds one of the battery cables (going to the starter).

Hopefully this helps.
Attached Images

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0