E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > help with low boost

11-08-2018, 10:54 PM   #1
trentmw
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 (e90)

help with low boost

I have a 2011 335i (N55) running MHD Stage 1+ 93octane with FBO. I am looking for some help reading logs and try to determine the low boost cause.

I originally had low boost so I got a boost leak tester and found a substantial leak on the inlet of the turbo. I fixed the leak, pressurized the system to 15psi and no leaks were coming for any external hoses. The only air escaping was coming deep from the engine which I equated to the air going out through open valves into the exhaust. I put the car back together thinking all would be well but was pissed when it was still not generating proper boost levels on the test drive.

I plan on testing for leaks again tomorrow, but for now here is my log to make sure I am not missing some other factor:
https://datazap.me/u/trentmw/low-boost-8nov2018

Thanks

Last edited by trentmw; 11-08-2018 at 11:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 11:12 PM   #2
rich_mane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

The turbo inlet isn't under pressure, it's just the air intake for the turbo. The outlet to the intercooler is where the pressure starts.

Are your vacuum lines all connected properly and in good shape?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 11:31 PM   #3
trentmw
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 (e90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_mane View Post
The turbo inlet isn't under pressure, it's just the air intake for the turbo. The outlet to the intercooler is where the pressure starts.

Are your vacuum lines all connected properly and in good shape?
Good point on inlet. My inlet leak primarily prevented me from pressurizing the system. Once I painstakingly fixed that issue I got to do an actual pressure test. Vacuum lines that I have come across have been in good shape and should be properly connected, but I'll definitely start doing a more exhaustive leak search
Appreciate 0