E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Installed H/K tweeters in stereo setup e93, base advice

05-22-2016, 08:04 AM   #1
Andre2004
Rep
Drives: e93 LCI M Sport, Saphire Black

Installed H/K tweeters in stereo setup e93, base advice

Hi there, I have just installed some harmon/kardon tweeters to the front pillars of my e93 lci and I have to say I am amazed at how much it improved the dull sound it had that before, it really did add a bit more depth and space to the sound.

I am happy with the sound as it is, but if I wanted just a little more base, would I be able to upgrade the subwoofers under the seats without having to get an external amp

I checked the stereo under audio system and it says stereo, if this was coded to hifi would it improve the clarity of the sound?

Worse case scenario I will just leave it as it is, because the tweeters really helped!

Your help is greatly appreciated, I have added photo's for reference below.

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 08:49 AM   #2
GATORB8
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [9.50]
I'm mid upgrade and I'm currently running this setup. You can't buy them separately, but I installed new 4 ohm 8" underseats yesterday, an I have HIFI mids and tweets. Significant difference in low end with just the woofer swap on stock power.

Woofers I installed are from MB Quart QM200.3BMW.

You would have to amp if you recode.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 11:07 AM   #3
Andre2004
Rep
Drives: e93 LCI M Sport, Saphire Black

That's great news, I will just do that then replace the woofers under the seat then, cheers!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 08:17 AM   #4
MEN54
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre2004 View Post
Hi there, I have just installed some harmon/kardon tweeters to the front pillars of my e93 lci and I have to say I am amazed at how much it improved the dull sound it had that before, it really did add a bit more depth and space to the sound.

I am happy with the sound as it is, but if I wanted just a little more base, would I be able to upgrade the subwoofers under the seats without having to get an external amp

I checked the stereo under audio system and it says stereo, if this was coded to hifi would it improve the clarity of the sound?

Worse case scenario I will just leave it as it is, because the tweeters really helped!

Your help is greatly appreciated, I have added photo's for reference below.

Did you have to reprogram anything after adding new tweeters?
Appreciate 0