E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > What a pain!!!

06-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #23
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Picked the car up Saturday morning, looks like it was a Friday afternoon job. The engine bay and underside of bonnet was covered in white spots of filler. Edges of the doors were rough, drips of paint behind the door handles. They left me parts of the old wing mirror and some wet and dry under the bonnet as well as a souvenir I guess. All in all a pretty poor result.

My only consolation is they didn't apply the seal and protect as they hadn't had authorisation. I will be insisting that it is taken to a competent bodyshop for this to be applied and will be pushing for a full valet and perhaps a de-swirl of the paintwork beforehand. Think I am pushing my luck??
I take it the car went to the insurer approved bodyshop not Cotswold BMW?

You have the right to having the car returned to original pre accident condition. I'd take photos of your complaints and reject the repair saying either the the body shop puts it right asap or the car goes to the bodyshop of your choice and the bill will be presented and paid for or threaten to go to court.

Re application of Seal and Protect should also be paid for by the insurer as that's as it was pre accident repair.

It's time for BBC Watchdog mentality. Bang your hand down hard and demand service that meets your expectations.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #24
Cafe.Racer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d Touring

Yes, you are pushing your luck on a comlpete de-swirl, but you are not in the wrong to expect an excellent job of the repairs.

I've had some "fun" with approved bodyshops beforehand - it took me over 9 months to get a car "sorted" once. In the end it went to a completely different garage - one that the insurance's assessor recommended and they fixed it right first time to an amazing level.

Don't think that the insurance company are trying to fob you off with shoddy work, because they're not - it's the bodyshop that are, and they deserve to be "dropped in it". In other words, the insurance company will be your friend in all of this.

I would suggest that you don't even give the bodyshop the opportunity to correct it, because by the sound of it, they don't give a toss. Give the insurance a ring and ask them to send out an assessor. I think, however, the assessor will want to give them another chance.
      06-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #25
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

+1

There is no way you should accept it if you arent happy.I would take on everything said here and go straight back and explain why you dont find it acceptable either with the insurance loss adjuster or the body shop manager .But under no way should you accept it think when it comes to trade it will the garage knock you down due to it being a less than satisfactory repair
Appreciate 0